The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Game needs a better AA filter

Moraisu
Moraisu
The game runs great on my system, but the horrible AA is so distracting, I tried using .dll injectors and third party software but I can't get a decent AA setting, the only workaround seems to be downsampling your resolution...

Not to mention that this game does not run on true Fullscreen, what gives?!
  • gimmetheloot
    Even inspector/nvcpl FXAA looks a little better than the in game one, but still blurs the image (and text) too much for my liking.
    Tried SMAA but it crashes the client on launch for me.
    I have been downsampling from 1440 to 1080p but hate having to run the desktop at that res.
    It desperately needs exclusive fullscreen (back) with resolutons to 4k and beyond.
  • FishBreath
    FishBreath
    ✭✭
    I fully agree that better quality AA support should be added. I also run the game in 1440p downscaled to 1080p to get better AA. I also use SweetFX through RadeonPro program to get slightly better AA and sharper less blurry image.
  • reignfyre
    reignfyre
    ✭✭✭
    Downsampling from 1800p to 1200p. Works pretty well but its slightly annoying to change my desktop res everytime I want to play ESO.