Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is causing this UI error?

Adam_Chattaway
Adam_Chattaway
✭✭✭✭
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1500: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1500: in function 'CenterScreenAnnounce:CallExpiringCallback'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, announcementLine = tbl </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:618: in function 'ZO_CenterScreenAnnouncementLargeLine.ExpiringCallback'
|caaaaaa<Locals> timeline = ud </Locals>|r
[C]: in function 'PlayFromStart'
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:632: in function 'ZO_CenterScreenAnnouncementLargeLine:PlayWipeAnimation'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1417: in function 'setupFunction'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, messageParams = tbl, largeMessageLine = tbl, poolKey = 1, largeMessageControl = ud </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1621: in function 'CenterScreenAnnounce:DisplayMessage'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, messageParams = tbl, category = 2, setupFunction = EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1380 </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1325: in function 'CenterScreenAnnounce:TryDisplayingNextQueuedMessage'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = tbl, REMOVE_FROM_TABLE = true, nextMessage = tbl </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:898: in function 'OnCenterScreenAnnounceUpdate'
|caaaaaa<Locals> control = ud, timeNow = 4452.0991210938 </Locals>|r
I was once Banned for making a game criticism. Think about that.
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens when i pick up any book or note.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get this now as of the last update. Can't tell what addon is causing it.

I get it on each zone in my game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tulare_Verlaris
    Tulare_Verlaris
    ✭✭✭
    Lorebooks? Or maybe AUI?
    Still in the queue, spamming "F"...
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You may need to disable add-ons one by one to determine which one is causing this UI error. Linked below are instructions on how to do so.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got a feeling its defo prob librarian but it's not an add on I really want to turn off as it's been on since the start of my necro
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a feeling its defo prob librarian but it's not an add on I really want to turn off as it's been on since the start of my necro

@Adam_Chattaway

Turning Addons on and off in this game does not have the same issues as with Skyrim or Oblivion. They are client side only and the worst thing that happens is the local files are not updated until you log through a character.

• Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@Adam_Chattaway

Turning Addons on and off in this game does not have the same issues as with Skyrim or Oblivion. They are client side only and the worst thing that happens is the local files are not updated until you log through a character.

More that I want everything I read to be added to my lib file if i turn it off it will be incomplete.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot tell you which addons or Libs were the issue. but I disabled all addons I did not really need and all libs. I then made sure every addon I wanted to use had the appropriate lib turned on.

Once I did this I had no issues. I think it may have been a lib that had been replaced but that is just a guess.

This error, or any addon, has any affect on the completion of your library..
    Edited by idk on May 29, 2019 6:56PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Adam_Chattaway

More that I want everything I read to be added to my lib file if i turn it off it will be incomplete.

Lorebooks, I understand.

I am not sure what is going on, but it seems to have gotten worse. However, using yet another Addon, I can make the error message go away. Use the No Thank You addon and have it output LUA errors to Chat.

Another helpful hint is to basically sacrifice your first chat tab to Spam. I even named my tab Spam as one of my addons looks for that tab to output to. Anyway, I use my 2nd and 3rd etc for Social chatting with the guilds and zone etc.

S

• Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭

@Adam_Chattaway

Lorebooks, I understand.

I am not sure what is going on, but it seems to have gotten worse. However, using yet another Addon, I can make the error message go away. Use the No Thank You addon and have it output LUA errors to Chat.

Another helpful hint is to basically sacrifice your first chat tab to Spam. I even named my tab Spam as one of my addons looks for that tab to output to. Anyway, I use my 2nd and 3rd etc for Social chatting with the guilds and zone etc.

S

I fixed the error by going into librarian addon settings and turning off announcement of new books on screen and set it only to chat. I guess trying to display on on screen message was the cause of the center error.