Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

120 ult incap, at this point just remove it

Orange_fire_dragon
Orange_fire_dragon
✭✭✭
Right now when fighting tankier players using 120 ult powered incap for this new 'silence' effect feels counterproductive. Especially when fighting versus stamina players, it eating up CC and not being able to stun is pretty big when trying to put pressure in a duel. Not saying that silence shouldn't eat up CC immunity, it would be way too strong then. But with tankier players you tend to look for an opening before using it and you get to 120 ult and then you are again left to using it giving them free CC immunity, I am aware that you can stun before hand but sometimes I find it better to apply incap, stun and then put some damage with abilities like surprise attack.

I honestly think that just remove the power up effect from 120 incap or look at other possible effects it could apply instead, I'd rather have mangle back on incap than this silence taking up CC immunity (which pretty much only destroys people that don't know you can break free from it and are mag players)

Might end up using soul harvest for now because it seems more powerful ability now even as stam player
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup, i ue soul harvest for my stamblade, i have it slotted just for the passive for ulti on killing ppl, allowing me get into ww faster

although they gutted my dmg so its harder to make use of that now but hey im alot more tankier now so thats good for me, i love the new buffs to nb! :D
    Edited by rabidmyers on May 28, 2019 11:21AM
    at a place nobody knows
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap should abolish silence of 120ult.
    I think should change Incap to stun of 70ult.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭

I think it stunning at 70 ult might be slightly too strong so having it stun 120 seems more fair, however it is obvious that ZOS doesn't want incap to stun anymore AT ALL. So I'd be fine with minor mangle instead of the silence status applier
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »

I think it stunning at 70 ult might be slightly too strong so having it stun 120 seems more fair, however it is obvious that ZOS doesn't want incap to stun anymore AT ALL. So I'd be fine with minor mangle instead of the silence status applier

If Incap is minor mangle + stun of 120 ult, DBoS is stronger choice.
    It was proved by PTS.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭

It was proved by PTS.

you forget the bonus incap applies that target takes 20% more damage from you, think that would push it too far away from dawnbreaker if it stunned at 70 ult already like it used to back in the day. Not to mention reave, the new buff that gives you sustain assistance.
    Edited by Orange_fire_dragon on May 28, 2019 12:11PM
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I did say that like 4 weeks ago now :joy:
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was proved by PTS.

you forget the bonus incap applies that target takes 20% more damage from you, think that would push it too far away from dawnbreaker if it stunned at 70 ult already like it used to back in the day. Not to mention reave, the new buff that gives you sustain assistance.

Reave + 20% more damage of Incap is good in PvE, but not in PvP.
    Players can Move or Guard or Roll dodge.
    And Incap is Single target, it can Roll dodge.
    DBoS is AOE Stun, it can not Roll dodge, and DoT can not guard.
    In addition, DBoS inflicts an additional 20% damage to WW and Vamp.

Oh, yes! Don't forget that DBoS's damage has been buffed in Elsweyr.

DBoS is very strong choice.
    This is true.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many threads and feedback have been given to zos on this topic. Despite I agree 100% with you (I'd rather see a normal stun at 120, or simply nothing, than this awful mechanics), I'm afraid this won't happen within the next 2 patches. We all know zos.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think many players will elect for Soul Harvest now (both specs). So they accomplished what they always do - driving players to a single morph when they should be making them both equally desirable.
    Edited by brandonv516 on May 28, 2019 2:25PM
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's so obvious that zos didn't know what to do with incap at 120 ult since every pts patch they kept on changing it. The patch hasn't hit console yet but I already know I'll find myself using incap before it hits 120 because I'll just be giving them free cc immunity like wtf. How backwards is that? this is the most counter intuitive change that makes absolutely no sense. You will be forced to waste incaps to not get give out the free cc immunity, timing of your burst has to be absolutely perfect and then use fear or after sneak stunning them before reaching 120 ult. What a cluster **** no other class has to do that. Roll soul harvest or DB. The only good stam class ultimate left in the entire base game now butchered thanks. Anyone seen the new stam necro though? who is gonna pay to win to get them sweet 100k+ dps parse that no other class in the vanilla game can never get. Stam NB is 13k dps behind if you don't get that sweet new Lokkestiiz set that you otherwise can not get if you don't buy their new elsweyr cat "chapter" so chop chop.
    Edited by Kalante on May 29, 2019 9:33AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one likes Nightblades anyway.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB