The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Death by Dragon Penalties

• bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No penalty
    You put a penalty on those fights you will lose a lot of players, willing to fight the dragons and then good luck fighting them in small groups.

If you lose gold, simple, everybody banks their gold before the fight.

Gear being permanently destroyed, do you have any idea how many hours some players have farmed for their gear pieces, how much gold they spent upgrading? You cause one of those pieces to get destroyed and see how quick people start screaming in the forums and zone chat.

And Perma death, stupidest idea you suggested, its a MMO you get killed a lot, its part of learning boss mechanics.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No penalty
    This is just stupid. If u are not tank and that dragon bites u even with block, you die. If u lag, u die. If u cant cc break because ESO, u die. If he does his fly move while breathing fire, guess what, u die because its one shot and not that easy to avoid without practise. Really, this post is stupid.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    BEES?! BEES!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    This is just stupid. If u are not tank and that dragon bites u even with block, you die. If u lag, u die. If u cant cc break because ESO, u die. If he does his fly move while breathing fire, guess what, u die because its one shot and not that easy to avoid without practise. Really, this post is stupid.

But we can still get ask for the "Dragon Torn" achievement for dying to a dragon, right? RIGHT? :sweat_smile:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    There should be an xp penalty for dying (to pve) in general everywhere in the game. Should be a set amount of xp debt that you have to repay through 50% of future xp gains until the debt is paid. This debt should not stack only be refreshed to its max value if character die again. Additionally 10% of max xp for the current level should be removed from current accumulated xp (but no downward leveling, only xp loss within current level, so if you already at 0 xp gained for this level no xp will be lost).

All buffs should also be removed upon death, including +xp scrolls/pots and food/drink buffs. There should be diminished loot from bosses for 15 min for that boss after dying, meaning Legendary items will become Epic quality items will become Rare quality will become common.

To resurrect on the spot requires to have already spend a filled soulgem to keep up a 2-hour ressurect buff, or else you cannot ressurect without another playing ressurecting you (that other player still has to spend a filled souldgem to do it). This 2-hour ressurect buff can only be gained by casting a 5 second ressurect buff skill. Filled Soulgems should NOT be dropped, received or bought from any NPC, only obtainable through actually using soulstealing skill on stronger mobs (normal weak mobs wont do, has to have that purple health bar color on the sides, i dont remember what you call them (elites?) but no tiered soul gem levels, just one type of soul gem. Filled Soul gems should still be able to be sold by players to other players.

Additionally overland mobs should have health, damage and loot amount buffed 50-100%; normal dungeons should have it increased 15-25%.

Im fully aware none of this will ever happen, but this is just what I would like.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on May 27, 2019 12:36AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No penalty
    I'm with the 60%.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who dies to dragons lol?
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    Well now I am glad I didn't buy into this ever so wonderful chapter
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Who dies to dragons lol?

LOTS of players. Earlier today 10 were standing in the middle of the field when the dragon did a fire breath strafing run...
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Maybe you get reward tiers and dying lowers the tier.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are dead. Your journey in Tamriel has ended for that character.
    An unserious poll gets an unserious vote.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spawn a more powerful version of a flame atro 🙃
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No penalty
    Penalty?
    Seriously?

I really wish we can change game difficulty on the fly, so op players can have fun if game difficulty is so beneath them. Change difficulty but no change to xp, gold, mats, everything dropped after battle.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who dies to dragons lol?

LOTS of players. Earlier today 10 were standing in the middle of the field when the dragon did a fire breath strafing run...

Uh...BLOCK! Lol.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Tasear wrote: »
    port to the nearest wayshire >:)

Actually not a bad idea :) idea I have only helped kill about 5 but I've already learnt where not to stand. 180 degrees in front is already a bad plan and admiring the flypast in the middle of the field on a strafing run :D Is the way to sudden death. At least 5 to 8 players die there.

As an aside, I've seen one or two players tanking the Dragons. It's awesome, effective and much appreciated. It makes a perceptable difference in my squishy healer's surviveability.
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on May 27, 2019 8:03AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have not been in Elsweyr yet. Can some one explain those dragon encounters to me ? Are those "ramdom encounters" (like npc merchants or bandits or a bonfire you need to lit) ? Or are Dragons World Bosses ?
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Ported to a random DLC dungeon boss
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    That burning status bug from PVP ... its not a bug, its a feature ! ;)

13217a-1558946013.png
    Edited by Elsterchen on May 27, 2019 8:34AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No penalty
    Have not been in Elsweyr yet. Can some one explain those dragon encounters to me ? Are those "ramdom encounters" (like npc merchants or bandits or a bonfire you need to lit) ? Or are Dragons World Bosses ?

More like Dolmens, crossed with world bosses and space wasting... (as they can spawn different versions in slightly different spaces, and are aimed at small+ raid groups)

Any penalty should be for ZOS as most deaths will be caused by the hamster sleeping on the job (as normal) :open_mouth:
    Edited by Gythral on May 27, 2019 8:30AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    No penalty
    Tonturri wrote: »
    Other - this post should be incinerated by a dragon and OP loses 50% of their gold.
    I agree.

I don’t understand why you would want to make dragon killing so painful. It’s bad enough they pretty much can insta kill you, to lose so much cause of a bit of fire is pretty ridiculous.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No penalty
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    There should be an xp penalty for dying (to pve) in general everywhere in the game. Should be a set amount of xp debt that you have to repay through 50% of future xp gains until the debt is paid. This debt should not stack only be refreshed to its max value if character die again. Additionally 10% of max xp for the current level should be removed from current accumulated xp (but no downward leveling, only xp loss within current level, so if you already at 0 xp gained for this level no xp will be lost).

All buffs should also be removed upon death, including +xp scrolls/pots and food/drink buffs. There should be diminished loot from bosses for 15 min for that boss after dying, meaning Legendary items will become Epic quality items will become Rare quality will become common.

To resurrect on the spot requires to have already spend a filled soulgem to keep up a 2-hour ressurect buff, or else you cannot ressurect without another playing ressurecting you (that other player still has to spend a filled souldgem to do it). This 2-hour ressurect buff can only be gained by casting a 5 second ressurect buff skill. Filled Soulgems should NOT be dropped, received or bought from any NPC, only obtainable through actually using soulstealing skill on stronger mobs (normal weak mobs wont do, has to have that purple health bar color on the sides, i dont remember what you call them (elites?) but no tiered soul gem levels, just one type of soul gem. Filled Soul gems should still be able to be sold by players to other players.

Additionally overland mobs should have health, damage and loot amount buffed 50-100%; normal dungeons should have it increased 15-25%.

Im fully aware none of this will ever happen, but this is just what I would like.

no, across the board. they would never penalize players like this.
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dying to a dragon should lock the character for a month.
    Time to make overland content interesting again.
  • Rudal
    Rudal
    ✭✭✭
    No penalty
    Tonturri wrote: »
    Other - this post should be incinerated by a dragon and OP loses 50% of their gold.

hehe I agree but it should rather be - You are dead. Your journey in Tamriel has ended for that character. :D
    - And is your heart black and full of hate? - Black as midnight, black as pitch, blacker than the foulest witch... -
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No penalty
    It would kill, if not the game, the dragon fights. Who would risk his character (developed over many hours) or a long-grinded (usually painfully and maddening) set piece of armor for a dragon? Will never happen.
    Edited by TelvanniWizard on May 27, 2019 10:19AM
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    No penalty
    Most of the time rewards are only junk, so no additional penalties.
    Besides, melee DPS classes have higher chance of dying than other classes.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should be forced to watch Total Distortion's "YOU ARE DEAD" song every time you die.

https://youtu.be/2c4hnA8jXwo
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The defined area the dragon fights occur in should disable the ability to respawn on your own using a soul gem.

Basically the game should treat them as Dungeon/Trial bosses.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    see you character, time to create a new one :#
    this needs to be done for role play purpose...gives everything more depth!
    Edited by TriangularChicken on May 27, 2019 12:06PM