The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please let us turn off combat music.

Elyna
Elyna
✭✭✭✭
This is the sole reason why I muted in game music. I want to hear the explore music but that stupid combat music just hogs its way into every little situation. To make it worse, it lingers for like 30 seconds. I wouldnt mind the combat music if it wasnt just 2 incredibly quiet drums playing over and over. Please let us turn it off, or reduce the duration of it "lingering". Or better yet, give us combat music that fits the situation.
I would take this over ESO combat music any day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVTR8lTnnx8

I have heard really nice exploration music and it helps with the game, but the combat music is just.... ugh
Edited by Elyna on May 31, 2014 8:43AM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never noticed.

In a fight I'm concentrating on fighting, it's only when nothing's happening that I notice the music.

Although recently I'm finding the exploration music causes Tori Amos's "Yes Anastasia" to play in my head, not complaining, I like that song.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ShadowsLibertyT
    The music is nothing like in Skyrim and I often find myself muting the music and just playingthe TES 5 music . which is my opinion one of the best in any RPG.

Whoever let the music in the game obviously didnt listen to this soundtrack.
    Just as cheap as the entire graphic.

We need a Add On to be able to play over their music with past TES titles or just better really immersive sund.
  • phatguy78neb18_ESO
    +1000

What would i give if one could turn of combat music...
  • emeraldbay
    emeraldbay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reviving this thread out of the blue, but I'd like this too. either an addon or an in-game option would be great.
  • SirPilky
    SirPilky
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna necro this thread (appropriate for the current patch I guess).

ZoS, please could we get this option, after more than 4 years playing, it is tiring hearing the same combat music after all this time made all the more noticeable when wanting to listen to the Elsweyr soundtrack, tried using an addon but it is buggy and doesn't work fully as intended.

Would be the best QoL feature since combat cues back in HoTR IMO.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh this is a necro. Was gonna say, someone else making a thread about this other than me for once.

Ive made like, four.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a necro I can get behind. I didn't even realize the DLC's had different music than the main game. I've had it turned off that long because the combat music is so annoying.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I enjoy it, brings me back to my Oblivion days, but I understand where you are coming from
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    This is a necro I can get behind. I didn't even realize the DLC's had different music than the main game. I've had it turned off that long because the combat music is so annoying.

Still relevant in 2019.

Been asking since the game launched.

Yes to a "combat music" toggle :blush:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this