Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO OST appreciation thread.

SirAxen
SirAxen
✭✭✭✭✭
I loaded up ESO yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks. One of my favorite parts about a big new content update is checking out this years new main theme at the log-in screen. Let me tell you, it doesn't disappoint this Chapter.

This got me thinking: Over the last handful of years, the music in the game has....well, I wouldn't say gotten better but it's definitely gotten more bold and pronounced. I appreciate this.

Without the risk of getting long winded, I would like to hear others thoughts on the music and ambient sounds of this great MMORPG? Do you think it's on par or even better than some of the main entry ES games like I do?

The OST of this game is something I see rarely discussed, but it's one of the most immersive portions of the game for me. I think the audio team across the board does a better job than any other MMORPG studio out there.
Edited by SirAxen on May 22, 2019 3:49AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! However, I'm talking about the music and sound as a whole not necessarily just the most recent update.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new intro music is a freaking banger!
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »
    The new intro music is a freaking banger!

Agreed. It might be my favorite menu theme since the original one back at launch.
  • warabi
    warabi
    ✭✭✭
    I love a lot of the music in this game and I feel it's one of the better qualities of ESO all together. I'm also a mega huge game music nerd, so I may be a tad biased.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    warabi wrote: »
    I love a lot of the music in this game and I feel it's one of the better qualities of ESO all together. I'm also a mega huge game music nerd, so I may be a tad biased.

Big same.

Do you think it's on par with the single player entries as well?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sometimes I listen to ESO soundtrack when I'm working, or doing chores, or traveling, or doing art. its just so.... beautiful. all of it.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »

Big same.

While it is a great soundtrack, it isn't at the quality of Jeremy Soule. It's a shame that Bethesda chose to ditch him for Elder Scrolls 6.
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love the theme. Every time I start ESO, I will sing it using the word banana for lyrics.

Banana Banana Banana Banana...
    Edited by oddbasket on May 23, 2019 6:27AM
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sionIV wrote: »

Big same.

While it is a great soundtrack, it isn't at the quality of Jeremy Soule. It's a shame that Bethesda chose to ditch him for Elder Scrolls 6.

WHAT??? Is this for real?
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oddbasket wrote: »
    I just love the theme. Every time I start ESO, I will sing it using the word banana for lyrics.

Banana Banana Banana Banana...

😂🍌😂🍌😂🍌😂🍌😂🍌😂🍌😂🍌😂🍌😂🍌😂
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the games OST.

I have a playlist on my Amazon Music which is all the ESO soundtracks and often use it to throw on in the background and relax.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a way to purchase ESO's music btw? Like a bard songs and zone music album or something?
    Some of the new bard songs are super cute, and it would be nice if we could get some classic epic scores from the game and its zones as actual soundtracks.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Big same.

Oh wow, is that actually confirmed? Had no clue. To the internet!
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    ESO music imo up until this last update was awesome and use it on my commutes.

This last version though...YUK
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Khajiit bards are something else. Made me stand there actually listening to them!

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Is there a way to purchase ESO's music btw? Like a bard songs and zone music album or something?
    Some of the new bard songs are super cute, and it would be nice if we could get some classic epic scores from the game and its zones as actual soundtracks.

You can get the Soundtracks up to Summerset on Amazon. From Summerset's release date we'll probably have to wait until July to buy Elsweyr's.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, this chapter main theme and Elsweyr zone music is beyond awesome!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The music in this game is amazing <3 I love Elsweyr's music almost as much as Murkmire's. The choral vocals in a lot of the background pieces as you're exploring make me stop sometimes just to listen. I love the new bard songs so much!

Big same.

I'm not surprised, though I love his music. It took me months to receive the Skyrim soundtrack from the horrible DirectSong. He always insists on holding distribution rights and he's incompetent at actually getting his music to purchasers. It's a shame, because I'm sure the sountrack would be incredible :(
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    The music in this game is amazing <3 I love Elsweyr's music almost as much as Murkmire's. The choral vocals in a lot of the background pieces as you're exploring make me stop sometimes just to listen. I love the new bard songs so much!

Big same.

I'm not surprised, though I love his music. It took me months to receive the Skyrim soundtrack from the horrible DirectSong. He always insists on holding distribution rights and he's incompetent at actually getting his music to purchasers. It's a shame, because I'm sure the sountrack would be incredible :(

A shame indeed. However, people are quick to blame Bethesda but all signs point to Jeremy Soule actually being the one that's hard to work with.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loaded up ESO yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks. One of my favorite parts about a big new content update is checking out this years new main theme at the log-in screen. Let me tell you, it doesn't disappoint this Chapter.
    <snip>

You sound like a 1950's car ad.

I won't let you tell me: permission denied!
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip>

You sound like a 1950's car ad.

I won't let you tell me: permission denied!

Being articulate is specific to the 1950's? Was I born in the wrong era? ....Are you real? Questions, questions....