Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Missing animation? Weapons are no longer unsheathed?

NeriaMorvayn
NeriaMorvayn
✭✭✭
So I've noticed the strangest thing since since yesterday's Elsweyr update:

When clicking once to draw my weapons, they are no longer unsheathed but rather get teleported directly into my character's hands so that I instantly start light attacking the air. :neutral:

First I thought it was a glitch, so I relogged and asked around in my guild. Everyone seems to have the same issue.

It feels really odd and takes away from the immersion. Will this get fixed/reverted back to how it was before? I really loved to be able to ready my weapon before lunging into battle. :)
New ID: PixelPsychologist. Can't get to change it in the forums.
My merry band of misfits:

EU:

Telacar Aurelas ♢ Altmer Sorcerer/Warrior ᐁ⚔
Galas Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Nightblade Assassin ⚔
Ja'qen H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar Thief ⚔
Solmaril Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
Aras Morvayn ♢ Dunmer Sorcerer ✺
Astidis Artellian ♢ Breton Dragonknight ᐁ
Iva Axia ♢ Imperial Necromancer ⚔
Deryah at-Ravan ♢ Redguard Warden Pirate ⚔
Ingvar Ice-Wolf ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ

NA:
Fenrir Stormcaller ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ
Rana Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Sorceress ✺
Aryaanye Direnni ♢ Altmer Hulkynd Nightblade Assassin ⚔
Ancarion Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
Skaði Frost-Fire ♢ Nord Dragonknight Witch ⚔
Elanas Nightshade ♢ Bosmer Werewolf Nightblade ⚔
Ri'zargo H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar ᐁ
Shabani H'karr ♢ Khajiit Warden Thief ⚔
Yara Galerion ♢ High Elf Templar ✺
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed it too. One single click when the staff was on my character's back, or when I was riding into a combat situation, didn't just bring the weapon to hand. It brought it out and fired off a light attack everytime.

• Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been bugging me all day :neutral: Looks and feels so clunky.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this is just a bug and not intended
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killed a critter by accident because of this. Sorry, pig.
    Edited by blnchk on May 22, 2019 7:32AM
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argh that explains it. I keep accidentally pulling mobs with my bow light attacks, when I just mean to ready my weapon while I start crouching and line up a sneak heavy attack to open.

I’m worried this might be deliberate, in the same way bow heavy attacks were changed to auto fire once charged (you used to be able to hold it for as long as you wanted). A change with the intention of being more efficient, but just hinders your options and immersion.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really loved to be able to ready my weapon before lunging into battle. :)

It's probably because with lag people got stuck in the animations or something.

If you really want to unsheet before attack, you ca still press the unsheet weapons button (Z is default button)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is super-annoying, and is going to cause a lot of unintentional aggro.

Yes, we can press Z, but why force us to get used to something new for no reason?

Please put it back how it was!
  • NeriaMorvayn
    NeriaMorvayn
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is super annoying!

I have two monitors and move my mouse over to the non-ESO one periodically. So to get back to ESO I have to click - and tadaah! I'm lucky if no random NPC decides to cross the frame that very second for the AI to conveniently recognise them as being within my attack range. Which is even easier when it comes to ranged weapons.

I hate having bounties on my head as is, there's no need to force them with something as silly as this.

Don't get me wrong, I totally get that other players have different playing styles (I personally play it for the story & dungeons and couldn't care less about PvP)

ZOS, If you're not planning to revert the one-click-attack thing, please at least consider making it optional and adjustable in the game settings for those who prefer it the old way.
    New ID: PixelPsychologist. Can't get to change it in the forums.
    My merry band of misfits:

EU:

Telacar Aurelas ♢ Altmer Sorcerer/Warrior ᐁ⚔
    Galas Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Nightblade Assassin ⚔
    Ja'qen H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar Thief ⚔
    Solmaril Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
    Aras Morvayn ♢ Dunmer Sorcerer ✺
    Astidis Artellian ♢ Breton Dragonknight ᐁ
    Iva Axia ♢ Imperial Necromancer ⚔
    Deryah at-Ravan ♢ Redguard Warden Pirate ⚔
    Ingvar Ice-Wolf ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ

NA:
    Fenrir Stormcaller ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ
    Rana Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Sorceress ✺
    Aryaanye Direnni ♢ Altmer Hulkynd Nightblade Assassin ⚔
    Ancarion Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
    Skaði Frost-Fire ♢ Nord Dragonknight Witch ⚔
    Elanas Nightshade ♢ Bosmer Werewolf Nightblade ⚔
    Ri'zargo H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar ᐁ
    Shabani H'karr ♢ Khajiit Warden Thief ⚔
    Yara Galerion ♢ High Elf Templar ✺
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a "feature" implemented on behalf of PVP'rs complaints about getting ganked before they could unsheath. /shrug
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this related to the t-pose bug I had yesterday with unsheathed weapons? Because it sounds related...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can someone from Z confirm or deny that this is working as intended? It is driving me nuts.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is super annoying!

I have two monitors and move my mouse over to the non-ESO one periodically. So to get back to ESO I have to click - and tadaah! I'm lucky if no random NPC decides to cross the frame that very second for the AI to conveniently recognise them as being within my attack range. Which is even easier when it comes to ranged weapons.

I hate having bounties on my head as is, there's no need to force them with something as silly as this.

Don't get me wrong, I totally get that other players have different playing styles (I personally play it for the story & dungeons and couldn't care less about PvP)

ZOS, If you're not planning to revert the one-click-attack thing, please at least consider making it optional and adjustable in the game settings for those who prefer it the old way.

Why I started ALT-Tabbing back to ESO from my other screen.... seriously stupid that clicking back causes you to attack with a weapon....
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I considered my weapon in a sheathed state as some form of security, so that I must click twice to attack something. Now it is more likely that I unintentionally start attacking when I don't want.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get the bug where they get stuck at your feet, you can equip and then unequip a costume helmet
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't count how many times I've went to take out my weapon to accdenelty stack a random creature or towns person.