The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please do something about the zone time (almost 5 minutes to zone in the game)

Flotten
Flotten
Soul Shriven
VERY long zone times making the game unplayable. Please do something, or implement queues and allow paid members preference.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um. I only have satellite for connect, and zoning (on PC/NA) takes me about 20 seconds....
    Edited by Sylvermynx on May 22, 2019 1:10AM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Um. I only have satellite for connect, and zoning (on PC/NA) takes me about 20 seconds....

I have ~300 Mbps Xfinity fiber, and I never zone faster than 90 seconds, usually closer to 120 seconds.

When the servers hate me I enter a wayshrine and 2 minutes later come out at a log-in screen.

19ms Xrinity ping, ESO in game ping is usually 95ms.
    M.2 SSD.
    GTX1080
    16 gig ram.

No reason for it to be hardware bottlenecked.

PC/NA
    Edited by twev on May 27, 2019 3:24PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Flotten
    Flotten
    Soul Shriven
    Thats fine, I am proud of both you kids...

But your reply has nothing to do with my post.

The game has serious issues with zoning times.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. Same aggravation with logging in and out to different toons. How does it take so long?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe its your HDD?
  • ShadowDisciple
    ShadowDisciple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loading times are a hardware thing.. Not network thing.. Could Zos optimise it better? Yes.

I use SSD and my load times are actually fine. 20sec to maximum 50.
    Edited by ShadowDisciple on May 26, 2019 5:41PM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Loading times are a hardware thing.. Not network thing

Rubbish
    They are worse if you have a slow HDD, but even with fast SSDs they are now so slow that it is almost time to say enough and quit!

The last year has seen nothing but decreasing responses from the servers and load screens that were 20-30s lengthen to 2-5 mins (or even so long that the server kicks you out), and this only happens with ESO, no other online game has had this massive degradation in performance!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • ShadowDisciple
    ShadowDisciple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »

Rubbish
    They are worse if you have a slow HDD, but even with fast SSDs they are now so slow that it is almost time to say enough and quit!

The last year has seen nothing but decreasing responses from the servers and load screens that were 20-30s lengthen to 2-5 mins (or even so long that the server kicks you out), and this only happens with ESO, no other online game has had this massive degradation in performance!

Whats rubbish is your attitude and impatiency...acting childish...even i u have to wait 2 min...go pee or idk...
    Should they try to fix it?? Yes, absolutely, but it isnt nowhere near that long to warrant such immature outcry from some.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »

Rubbish

Strange. I've never had that issue, then again, I also disable paged memory, indexing, and swapping and I have no idea how that interacts with ESO.
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    How am I supposed to get an SSD for a PS4? I believe it works with an hdd
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Maybe its your HDD?
    SSD is bis, note you don't want an SATA SSD but an M.2 or pcie one.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flotten wrote: »
    Thats fine, I am proud of both you kids...

But your reply has nothing to do with my post.

The game has serious issues with zoning times.
    My answer does.
    Because I have long loading times with good specs and ping.

I'm sorry though, because I had no idea you specifically didn't want to share information that might help you pin down any issues that might be unique to your build.

I'll keep that in mind next time I see someone mentioning an issue with performance.

I hope the devs can improve your situation for you.

:*
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandesdar wrote: »
    How am I supposed to get an SSD for a PS4? I believe it works with an hdd

Google it, its possible and i know quite a few ppl who replaced the slow ps4 hdd with a ssd.

here is one link of thousends found when searching for it: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-upgrade-your-ps4-hard-drive/
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flotten wrote: »
    VERY long zone times making the game unplayable. Please do something, or implement queues and allow paid members preference.

Are the zoning times the same with all addons disabled?

A year or so ago, I was having a horrible time. I wiped my addon folder and slowly copied the necessary ones over, as well as doing a fresh install of Master Merchant and I saw a marked improvement.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zoning is absolutely a hardware issue, and has very little to do with your network quality. I've noticed that my loading screens tend to last longer, the longer my session has been. Restarting the game after clearing processes usually fixes it for a couple of hours, though it also depends on how populated the immediate area surrounding the wayshrine is.

Add-ons absolutely add to the load time, so I would suggest disabling the heavier ones when not in use. Whenever I go into an area where I need responsiveness over utility, I disable MM, Harvestmap, and the minimap. It tends to shave off a couple dozen seconds at least, and that's on a significantly outdated HDD.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on May 27, 2019 5:34PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost 5 minutes into zoning and he gives you this look:
    bdcmkmq5clx7.png
    Edited by max_only on May 27, 2019 5:35PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom