The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Accidentally abandoned Elsweyr mainstory, had to start over again!?

Iskaldt
Iskaldt
✭✭✭
*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Hi there.
So i was clearing my questlog to remove all the extra quest pointers while doing the mainstory in Elsweyr and i accidentally abandoned the Elsweyr main story quest aswell.
and then when trying to get the quest back i literally had to start over at the first message lady and do everything all over again.

i wouldnt say i was super far in on the questline but it still was abit annoying.
i had just finished the part where abnur tharn fights off the dragon and i had collected some notes, and was sendt back to Rimmen for the next part of the questline.

Sorry i dont remember the questnames.

I dont know if this is intentional or not. but it feels like something i should report.

• Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Since it is all part of the same quest, yes, this is normal. I do agree that it feels like a long quest and if you don't know how it works with abandoning a quest it might seem as if you had to start all over. And, if it helps, most (main) quests tend to be a bit shorter but still best to not abandon them carelessly ^^
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I don't Elsweyr but I've abandoned another zone mainline quest (because at one point I missed NPC telling what I was supposed to do next and quest log description was inadequate to figure that out) and then had a quite annoying time to find where I can re-pick it. And at other zone also managed to miss picking up the next part of line after turning previous quest (probably because server lagged and I wandered off before questgiver NPC get interactable) and still don't remember where it was...

No idea how to fix that kind of problems without putting everyone on forced rails. Myself I rather live with the inconvenience.