The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafted/overland siroria alternative?

Mariusghost84
Mariusghost84
✭✭✭✭✭
Im new to magica classes. Is there a viable crafted or overland Siroria alternative, just to get me going and getting over 30k dps?
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Law of Julianos would be your best choice, you can craft in Wrothgar. Mother's Sorrow (Deshan Overland) of course, if you haven't it already. On a Mag DK you could use Silks of the Sun (Stonefalls Overland), too. Keep in mind that you can get a Mother's Sorrow Lightning Staff and a Silks of the Sun Inferno Staff from a quest.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on May 21, 2019 6:59AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Burning Spellweave from CoA. Even blue its quite potent. Julianos, Mother Sorrow and also now Crafty Alfiq are nice alternatives for starters.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Innate Axiom is not that bad either for a starter set. Crafted in Clockwork City.
    EU PC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As has been suggested, Julianos is a good crafted set. It is very solid and would be better for you than Siroria anyhow.

Siroria is only good in some fights. Fights that allow long periods of time to stand still in the circle it drops.

Other sets suggested here.

BSW - requires farming and probably trait change. Craft the Julianos.
    Mother's Sorrow - Good second 5 pc set to use with Julianos. It can round out your jewelry which can be farmed at Dolmens.
    Innate Axiom - Not sure how the math actually works out but it only has 3 slots of set bonus that helps magicka damage.

So I would suggest Juilianos with Mother's Sorrow.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    As has been suggested, Julianos is a good crafted set. It is very solid and would be better for you than Siroria anyhow.

Siroria is only good in some fights. Fights that allow long periods of time to stand still in the circle it drops.

Mother's Sorrow - Good second 5 pc set to use with Julianos. It can round out your jewelry which can be farmed at Dolmens.
    Innate Axiom - Not sure how the math actually works out but it only has 3 slots of set bonus that helps magicka damage.

Since I was the one who proposed Innate I'll answer that :) 3 out of 4 slots of set bonuses directly affects magicka damage, yes, but extra stamina is always nice, especially if you're new.

Don't know what class OP plays, but most magicka classes uses almost only class skills, except from elemental blockade, which might make innate a better than julianos, depending on a lot of other factors. And the best part is that it's craftable. And can be re-used on a stamina character.
    EU PC
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly saying Siroria can be replaced only with Master architect. Mechanics or not, dps drop in julianos etc is very noticeable. You may argue about 5th set bonus, but lose of minor slayer is really bad.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    Don't know what class OP plays, but most magicka classes uses almost only class skills, except from elemental blockade, which might make innate a better than julianos, depending on a lot of other factors. And the best part is that it's craftable. And can be re-used on a stamina character.
    Additionally, Innate Axiom doesn't buff Light/Heavy Attacks. I wouldn't recommend it over Julianos on a PVE build. I've never tried it, though. From what I've heard it's pretty solid on some PVP builds, especially MagDK.

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Innate Axiom is not that bad either for a starter set. Crafted in Clockwork City.

For Magicka builds, especially ones running Maelstrom backbar (as per meta), light attacks and Blockade are top 5 skills and contribute between 20-25% of your dps. And Axiom does not buff them. Same applies to the highest damage spammable for many builds, Elemental Weapon. So Axiom is far from ideal PvE.

- BSW
    - Sorrow
    - Sun Silks (DK only)
    - Julianos
    - Spell Strat (single target)

... are all superior options and most are easy to put together.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

For Magicka builds, especially ones running Maelstrom backbar (as per meta), light attacks and Blockade are top 5 skills and contribute between 20-25% of your dps. And Axiom does not buff them. Same applies to the highest damage spammable for many builds, Elemental Weapon. So Axiom is far from ideal PvE.

- BSW
    - Sorrow
    - Sun Silks (DK only)
    - Julianos

The guy is new with magicka classes and needed something to get going, not BiS magicka gear. Innate is craftable, and comparied to Julianos who requires 6 traits, Innate requires just 2 traits to craft.

To me those two factors in combination seems like a great way to get going with your character. But you maybe think it's easier to get started with spell strat by either farming it for countless hours, or buying it for hundreds of thousands of gold. To each and their own I guess :tongue:
    EU PC
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos + Mother's Sorrow is the easiest setup to get that is viable for endgame (40k+ DPS potential). Combine it with Skoria monster set, and you got yourself a well-rounded setup that works for all mag specs in all situations. Other sets are either harder to get:
    - BSW

situational even if slightly better in those situations:
    - Sun Silks [DK only]
    - Necropotence [pet sorc or maybe warden]
    - Spell Strat [single target]
    - Mechanical Acuity [low crit and Force Pulse as spammable]

or weaker:
    - Axiom [class skill focus]
    - Kagrenac [just weaker, but probably still your best option for 2nd set if you want to go with 2x crafted sets]

With that said, Siroria itself would fall in the "situational" category (stationary fights), as would Master Architect (requires melee range for effective use unless you're a Warden, and can't be used effectively at all on Sorcs). What you really want now is (perfect) False God Devotion from the new trial, because it is better than all other non-situational sets. For dummy parses Siroria will still be better though.

EDIT: formatting.
    Edited by ZeroXFF on May 21, 2019 2:59PM
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Thanks man. APpriciate the advice, this is excaclty what im going to go for on all my magica toons to begin with. Hoping it will get me over 30k dps. :)
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

- BSW
    - Sorrow
    - Sun Silks (DK only)
    - Julianos

The guy is new with magicka classes and needed something to get going, not BiS magicka gear. Innate is craftable, and comparied to Julianos who requires 6 traits, Innate requires just 2 traits to craft.

To me those two factors in combination seems like a great way to get going with your character. But you maybe think it's easier to get started with spell strat by either farming it for countless hours, or buying it for hundreds of thousands of gold. To each and their own I guess :tongue:

Thanks for your comment bro. I have all traits researched so thats not an issue. Im gonna check out Innate though!
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    Julianos + Mother's Sorrow is the easiest setup to get that is viable for endgame (40k+ DPS potential). Combine it with Skoria monster set, and you got yourself a well-rounded setup that works for all mag specs in all situations. Other sets are either harder to get:
    - BSW

situational even if slightly better in those situations:
    - Sun Silks [DK only]
    - Necropotence [pet sorc or maybe warden]
    - Spell Strat [single target]
    - Mechanical Acuity [low crit and Force Pulse as spammable]

or weaker:
    - Axiom [class skill focus]
    - Kagrenac [just weaker, but probably still your best option for 2nd set if you want to go with 2x crafted sets]

With that said, Siroria itself would fall in the "situational" category (stationary fights), as would Master Architect (requires melee range for effective use unless you're a Warden, and can't be used effectively at all on Sorcs). What you really want now is (perfect) False God Devotion from the new trial, because it is better than all other non-situational sets. For dummy parses Siroria will still be better though.

EDIT: formatting.

What you said, along with what others have said led me to conclusion that Julianos + Mothers Sorrow is the way to go. I doubt ill ever get my hands on perfected false god devotion, as i only run pugs. But maybe SOME day. :D
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a combo of Julianos on body, and mothers sorrow on jewlery and weapons seems legit on all my magica classes? I just leveled them up to 50 but havent really played them yet. Backbar i have vMA inferno staffs for all 3. Then something like bloodspawn and i should be good? :)

1. Mag Sorc
    2. Mag Nightblade
    3. Mag Warden

• Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a combo of Julianos on body, and mothers sorrow on jewlery and weapons seems legit on all my magica classes? I just leveled them up to 50 but havent really played them yet. Backbar i have vMA inferno staffs for all 3. Then something like bloodspawn and i should be good? :)

1. Mag Sorc
    2. Mag Nightblade
    3. Mag Warden

No... one barred Mother’s sorrow or Juli is a pretty significant loss on backbar. I know it’s hard to get but bsw front bar and Mother’s sorrow jewelry etc whatever to fill out both bars is actually pretty good. As far as monster set vloodspawn does nothing for you here I suggest skoria for most general builds.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Mag Sorc
    2. Mag Nightblade
    3. Mag Warden

Blood Spawn is a tank/PvP set. Go with Skoria, or Zaan if you will be in melee range. Ilambris is quite good on sorc too. For nightblade this is definitely a good setup, same goes for non-pet sorc (and templar if you ever want to know in the future). For pet sorc, Necropotence instead of Julianos will be better because pets don't scale with spell damage, but if you don't want to make different setups, Julianos should still work well enough. Can't say with absolute certainty how well it would work on a warden, since I don't play warden mag DD, but should work fine.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Mag Sorc
    2. Mag Nightblade
    3. Mag Warden

No... one barred Mother’s sorrow or Juli is a pretty significant loss on backbar. I know it’s hard to get but bsw front bar and Mother’s sorrow jewelry etc whatever to fill out both bars is actually pretty good. As far as monster set vloodspawn does nothing for you here I suggest skoria for most general builds.

I was running Juli on body and MS on front bar on my templar until I got perfect siroria, it worked very well.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Mag Sorc
    2. Mag Nightblade
    3. Mag Warden

I was running Juli on body and MS on front bar on my templar until I got perfect siroria, it worked very well.

Not “very” but it does work I did ms front bar with bsw both bars until I got my fire staff. Noticeable difference for sure
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Mag Sorc
    2. Mag Nightblade
    3. Mag Warden

Not “very” but it does work I did ms front bar with bsw both bars until I got my fire staff. Noticeable difference for sure

This highly depends on the proc timing. If you swap to back bar right as the cooldown ends, you will lose damage, not gain it. I didn't test it with BSW specifically, but with spell strat on my magplar I did regular parses pre-elsweyr of about 50-51k. Then I had one with 53k. The only difference was that spell strat had 93% uptime instead of the regular 65-75%. Considering that BSW has a longer CD than the effect, it's even more likely to mess with your parses than spell strat.

About a year ago I also did comparisons of BSW body + MS weapons and vice versa on my magblade, and the difference was within margin of error (<1k). So really, MS weapons work very well.
    Edited by ZeroXFF on May 21, 2019 6:00PM
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos' or Mother's are the best all around easily accessible full body sets.
    Burning Spell Weave, Scathing Mage, or Mechanical Acuity are some easy to get front bar sets.
    There are niche full body sets too like Necropotence/Silks of the Sun.

All add more than enough to get working on Monster helms first. Valkyn Skoria is one of the best for all mag dps, Grothdar for melee (and AOE), Ilambris is pretty niche, and Zaan's is hard to get.
    After that Maelstrom weapons which really are what you should be aiming for. vMA mobs are a lot easier once you have a Valkyn Skoria or Grothdarr helm.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. Mag Sorc
    2. Mag Nightblade
    3. Mag Warden

This works perfectly fine. If you can get a mother's sorrow staff it would be better since you can have julianos on all the time. Front barring mothers sorrow works great, a lot of people do that.

As others mentioned, blood spawn is a PvP set. If you can stay in melee range, Zaan is your best bet, but if you struggle to complete Scalecaller Peak to get it, or simply don't want to go melee, Valkyn Skoria is great too. Ilambris is also great on sorcs since they have a good mix of lightning and fire damage.

Good luck with your new builds and have fun out there :)
    EU PC
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    Julianos' or Mother's are the best all around easily accessible full body sets.
    Burning Spell Weave, Scathing Mage, or Mechanical Acuity are some easy to get front bar sets.
    There are niche full body sets too like Necropotence/Silks of the Sun.

All add more than enough to get working on Monster helms first. Valkyn Skoria is one of the best for all mag dps, Grothdar for melee (and AOE), Ilambris is pretty niche, and Zaan's is hard to get.
    After that Maelstrom weapons which really are what you should be aiming for. vMA mobs are a lot easier once you have a Valkyn Skoria or Grothdarr helm.

I do have maelstrom weapons, at least 3 inferno staffs and i have valkyn skoria aswell. Im going with Julianos and Mothers setup then as many of you suggested. Thanks for your input!
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Julianos/Mothers sorrow is actually a really good combo when paired with the shadow mundus. With a good rotation you can easily push 45k+ DPS on a MagPlar (I assume others classes are close). On shorter fights I've found Julianos to be better than BSW
    vFG1 HM
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone post a dps rotation using julianos + ms + skoria on any magicka clas. Cp allocation would be appreciated too.

My darkelf magsorc no pet can only do 17k dps on 3mil target dummy.

Tia.

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can someone post a dps rotation using julianos + ms + skoria on any magicka clas. Cp allocation would be appreciated too.

My darkelf magsorc no pet can only do 17k dps on 3mil target dummy.

Tia.

If you're only at 17k dps I'd suggest this:
    Liquid Flood -> Blockade > Bar Swap
    Daedric Prey -> Elemental Weapon -> Elemental Weapon -> Elemental Weapon -> Elemental Weapon -> Elemental Weapon -> Bar Swap

If Crystal Frags procs at any point on the front bar except on the last Ele Weapon then replace the next Ele Weapon with that instead. There is a light attack between each skill as per any rotation.

Bar 1:
    Crystal Frags / Ele Weapon / Daedric Prey / Bound Aegis / Twilight Matriach / Storm Atro
    Bar 2:
    Liquid / Blockade / Bound Aegis / Ward / Twilight Matriach / Storm Atro

This keeps it simple with no buffs to maintain and no variation in the rotation at all except for Crystal Frags which is the main thing you need to get used to.

For CP I'd suggest just copying whatever Alcast has on his mag sorc. Small CP adjustments will improve your parse but you've a way to go before that matters.

And for mundus stone use Shadow.