Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Kudos for the new Elsweyr trial!

Vahrokh
Vahrokh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Today we have tackled the dragons in the new trial.

FINALLY we have got something that - unlike vCR and vAS - looks like a proper, real trial. Large rooms, some trash, bosses that are not boring to tears.
I hope at maximum difficulty it will be as fun as hard mode vMOL had been at its time.

Graphics are GORGEOUS.
Mechanics are fun.
Loved the finishing touch on the last (boss about to die) flying pass ray being different than the others.

Love dragons in generals, so that's a +1 too.
Edited by Vahrokh on May 21, 2019 8:09PM
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, good work @ZOS_GinaBruno .

The Trials is fun, completed it on Vet today without issues.

Take sunspire as baseline for futher trials.

Btw, buff the other Tanks, leave dk as it is.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »

UH? She didn't do anything. Why is she getting credit? Why not put the proper credit where it is deserved. The actual coders who do the work and the bosses who let the workers do their work to get a great product.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Thank you, but all the props go to @ZOS_Finn and his team for creating an excellent Trial :blush:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo, can't wait 'til June 4!!
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the time when I question my decision to move to ps4 from PC. Early releases on PC and that creates a tremendous amount of anxiety and anticipation. Release it on consoles already!

Can't wait.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you, but all the props go to @ZOS_Finn and his team for creating an excellent Trial :blush:

We look forward to seeing you breeze through it on vet on ESO live. :p
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just tagged u, since u read the most and tell them :smile:
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. The new trial is very well done, in my opinion. This entire update has been overall very positive for me personally. ESO just keeps getting better.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, beaut of a trial, thoroughly enjoyed it copying every thume as they shouted it, love love love Sunspire.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is a good trial. sucks my necro cannot do it properly cause blastbones is missing damage... @ZOS_Gilliam
  • Audens
    Audens
    ✭✭✭
    Three boring and repetitive fights with vastly overinflated health? Sunspire is not a good trial, none of the hard modes are entertaining at all, just annoying. The speed run being thirty minutes is also ridiculous, especially considering all the forced time the dragons aren't able to be damaged.
    unban my first account thanks
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Glad you guys like Sunspire. We had a lot of fun making it and its awesome to see you all finally able to tackle the challenges :)
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SS is nice but I still prefer vCR+3 in terms of encounter design. It's a really well put together fight.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I disliked about the Trial was how, well...ugly the Dragon head mount reward is. The boss look neat and golden, the head looks like bright yellow plastic and with the mouth open like that, it's just goofy. I've seen randomly generated Dragons in Elsweyr that look awesome. Major disappointment, since the furnishings are the only reason I cared about trials.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Glad you guys like Sunspire. We had a lot of fun making it and its awesome to see you all finally able to tackle the challenges :)

The only constructive comment I would provide is try to design trials that are not a circle shape, they remind me of the smaller mini trials like AS, I would prefer a start a massive long journey to the finish with multiple mechanics not just for bosses but world mechanics to actually get there. True team work stuff.

But that's me being picky, its a really nice trial from the visuals to the monsters and beyond!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This trial is easily becoming one of my favorites. I hope it stays that way when the novelty wears off. The aesthetics alone are amazing. Seeing the dragons fly around, too, is epic.
    Great trial. :)
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The UESP Guild on PC-NA has been doing Lore runs of the new dungeons for a while, but yesterday we did our first ever streamed/recorded Lore run of a Trial. We took more than twice as long as usual to explore Sunspire in depth: stopping for all dialogue, reading the lore books/letters out loud, and pausing to discuss the scenery.
    https://youtu.be/NDkY0s-ynwc

The video isn't perfect because it's the first one we've ever done, but I hope you enjoy it anyway!
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Today we have tackled the dragons in the new trial.

FINALLY we have got something that - unlike vCR and vAS - looks like a proper, real trial. Large rooms, some trash, bosses that are not boring to tears.
    I hope at maximum difficulty it will be as fun as hard mode vMOL had been at its time.

Graphics are GORGEOUS.
    Mechanics are fun.
    Loved the finishing touch on the last (boss about to die) flying pass ray being different than the others.

Love dragons in generals, so that's a +1 too.

Cred where Cred is due fo sho.

E