The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New (returning) Player, questions about DLC/Expacs and stuff...

Praviux
Praviux
Soul Shriven
Hello friends,

Sorry if this type of thing is asked a lot on this forum, I did try to do a search and was not able to come up with the exact answers I am looking for. I will make it simple and sweet. I am an old school MMO player back to EQ... I have been on and off with MMO's since the late 90's... always searching for a good story and immersion. I played ESO back when it first came out, I was not HUGE into the ESO world but played DAoC and followed some of the devs over to give it a try. I was never able to get fully immersed into the game for some reason but I am thinking about giving it another go. I am craving story, depth, and community and I think ESO will be able to deliver on that. I had some questions on how the DLC and expansions work.

1. I have not purchased any of the DLC (I don't think), if I become an ESO + member and sub to the game, do I get all the DLC's with the subscription?
2. I have also not purchased any of the expacs, if I purchase the new expansion, does that include the other expansions that have already released?
3. I have a level 20 something character, is it advisable to just start new? I really want to get into the story this time around and feel very disconnected to what is going on when I try to login with my old toon.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and provide answers and opinions! Also if anyone has an active guild looking for a casual old guy who likes to PvE and PvP lemme know, I would love to meet a strong community and make some new friends.
  • Praviux
    Praviux
    Soul Shriven
    I just read the benefits of having an ESO plus membership and answered my own first question... derp. Disregard question 1, lol.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    1-Only the commom DLCs, Chapters like Elsweyr, Summerset or Morrowind you do not get

2-You need to check the Bundle you're buying, the store were you are going to buy should have this information

3-If you already has forgotten all the basic you can start a new character, but for my view there's no need
    Edited by yRaven on May 21, 2019 9:45PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would recommend playing a while before purchasing ESO+. Maybe get up to a CP 300+ level so you can see if you like dungeons and trials, explore all the basic regions, and if you are a PVP guy, if you like PVP. ESO+, in my opinion, is more geared for the PVE-heavy player. Craft bag, access to DLCs, and bank space mean more in PVE than PVP. Also, you might find that you don't really like dungeons or trials, so access to the all of the DLCs might be a waste of money.

I did this when I got into the game. After about 6 months, I ended up buying ESO+ and have never looked back.
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    A small point perhaps but if you want to get into the story you will probably want to do it all in the right order so it makes sense. Therefore you might not need any expansions until you have played much of the base game, and so are able to tell if you like it and want to sub. A really good guide to the order of quests is https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413807/what-order-should-i-do-esos-story-arcs-a-guide
    PC-EU.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    1-Only the commom DLCs, Chapters like Elsweyr, Summerset or Morrowind you do not get
    Morrowind and Summerset are now DLC's, but they may not contain the full content of the Chapter - e.g. Warden class was part of the Morrowind Chapter, and is not part of the Morrowind DLC. You do get them with ESO+, but like any others, that depends on you continuing to subscribe. You can still purchase the DLC to lock it in.

I'm still unsure what happened to the Summerset content when it was "downgraded".
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never delete a character unless you need a slot to create a new one. You have 8 slots stock, use them all first, then delete one if needed.

I reccomend getting ESO Plus for at least One Month. Maybe not right away, but then you can try the expansion content. And, if your a patron of the Crown Store, the sub really pays for itself.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Praviux
    Praviux
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks Everyone, this is great info. I did end up doing ESO+ and purchased the full expac.... it's pretty confusing the way they gate content but I think I am starting to understand. I really wanted to play Warden and I want to experience Elsweyr so I figured why not go all in on this one. The amount of content in the game for a new player is overwhelming but I am trying to take it slow and not rush anything.
  • Bored_Owl
    Bored_Owl
    ✭✭
    About your previous character, if you already have some traits researched on them and some of the crafting skills leveled, you might want to turn them into a crafter.
    Researching and leveling crafting takes forever so if you've got a toon that's got a head start and you aren't planning on playing with, spend some skill points on crafting.
    It's a relatively easy way to get decent gear for a low level toon without having to spend gold since there's some great craftable sets. And once they're able to make high level gear you can earn gold by crafting high demand sets and selling them.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praviux wrote: »
    Thanks Everyone, this is great info. I did end up doing ESO+ and purchased the full expac.... it's pretty confusing the way they gate content but I think I am starting to understand. I really wanted to play Warden and I want to experience Elsweyr so I figured why not go all in on this one. The amount of content in the game for a new player is overwhelming but I am trying to take it slow and not rush anything.

A couple of gifts for you, returner :)

1. A new player/long time gone returner pile of stuff in one (hopefully easy to scroll through) comment. I think #5 would be most relevant: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6069170/#Comment_6069170

If you want to start in Elsweyr awesome. But afterward if you want to get to the original main story to kind of have a starting point for meeting many key NPCs, you can travel to Davon's Watch in Stonefalls for EP, Vulkhel Guard in Auridon for AD, or Daggerfall in Glenumbra for DC and talk to the Hooded Figure to pick up the quest "Soul Shriven in Coldharbour". This isn't necessary, but some players find it helps to ground them in the game a little.

2. A YouTube video encyclopedia for ESO (jump to what you need) from Dottz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYcfm1Na5so

Wherever your adventures in Tamriel take you, best of luck to you!
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this