Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

120GB SSD not enough for ESO anymore?

Blackers
Blackers
✭✭✭
Prior to the recent update I used to share ESO on an 120GB SSD with another game, which was around 27GB. As I was updating the Elsweyr I got an error 104 saying my drive was out of space. Fair enough I thought, guess I will have to uninstall the other game and let ESO have a whole 120GB SSD to itself.

Imagine my surprise when I get error 104 again! 37GB of space on the drive, isn't enough for the game to update the new patch?!

Is there anyway around this? Or am I going to have to get a bigger SSD? If there is a cost effective way around this really frustrating situation I would be very grateful.
MagBlade / Templar Healer (PC/EU/DC)
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    240GB SSD is $30. Less than the cost of the expansion.
  • lunawisp
    lunawisp
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a post from someone who said they discovered the launcher needs around 40GB of space to create temp files for the patching. Frankly, it's ridiculous.
    lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - a game sadly consigned to history. She lives on in memory as my gaming id.
    Playing on EU PC Server.
  • Blackers
    Blackers
    ✭✭✭
    lunawisp wrote: »
    I saw a post from someone who said they discovered the launcher needs around 40GB of space to create temp files for the patching. Frankly, it's ridiculous.

ZOS should probably update the Minimum Specifications for ESO in that case.

jSzEtet.jpg

And yes, 40GB just for temp files is absurd. I'm sure there must be a way around that, even if I could just have the temp files go to another drive, that would be great, but I wouldn't even know where to start.
    MagBlade / Templar Healer (PC/EU/DC)
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to be able to use my large hard disk for temporary files. Sure, copying stuff would be slower than just renaming, but it would mean a lot less complaint threads like this one.

That being said, I have like 3 SSDs and each maintains at least 50gb of free space for issues like this.
  • Silverforte
    Silverforte
    ✭✭
    Isn't this because the game's files are uncompressed until they've been downloaded? Thought I saw someone say that somewhere. When I install this game, I need about 95gigs of space. Then when it downloads, it doesn't take up more than 78.4 gigs. That's still a lot for an mmo.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPrime wrote: »
    240GB SSD is $30. Less than the cost of the expansion.

It didnt even install on my 256 GB drive. What next ? Buy another laptop for 3000. Its costs less than a car. :D Rude!!!!! Are you from ZOs sales team or what ? This is how a customer should be treated. Please continue. ZOs wont be there after 10 years and I wont regret it.

Another paid troll. Fix the bugs . Let customers suffer for your incompetence. Go and fix the game and installer or return back the money unless some sue ZOs in court. Garbage
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 27, 2019 1:13PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackers wrote: »
    Prior to the recent update I used to share ESO on an 120GB SSD with another game, which was around 27GB. As I was updating the Elsweyr I got an error 104 saying my drive was out of space. Fair enough I thought, guess I will have to uninstall the other game and let ESO have a whole 120GB SSD to itself.

Imagine my surprise when I get error 104 again! 37GB of space on the drive, isn't enough for the game to update the new patch?!

Is there anyway around this? Or am I going to have to get a bigger SSD? If there is a cost effective way around this really frustrating situation I would be very grateful.

Sorry no way. I tried on 256 GB SSD itself with 200 GB free space. It's easy for ZOS to fix the issue, just to remove other language files and small fix in installer. ZOS wont do it. Other language audio and video files alone take 30GB of data. For what? I am not going to use other languages anyway. Why can't be optional?

Its a 5 year old game and enough money milked. It's no way to become no 1 MMO with this quality and no way to command premium price. One thing ZOs always forget is brand name. Only brand name or monopoly can command a premium price and premium profit. ZOs Executives always push low-quality products to customers and ZOs is well known for unfixed simple game breaking bugs. Sorry, ZOs doesn't know what is the meaning of quality or brand name or premium. Brand name and premium price is the only thing for a business to succeed in the long run. Neither they didn't understand they are not the only gaming company and time is moving fast.
    ESO milked everything that Skyrim left. There is nothing to milk anymore.

Some paid troll will come and make you look like a fool like this. " Just buy a 10K laptop. Are you poor ? " This is excellent way to treat a customer with paid trolls.
    Issue wont be fixed. :D Good luck.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 27, 2019 1:43PM