The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Character creation menu dead

VanIliriagon
VanIliriagon
✭✭
My character creation menu is completely dead. I cannot create new characters nor go back to the characters login menu.
Meanwhile, I still can play with my other characters without any issues...
Does anyone else have the same problem ???
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of this morning, trying to create a new Redguard, yes. Class, Race, Appearance, Name - all set. Click Create, get the dialog box, select E to play through the new tut dungeon, nothing happens except the dialog box goes away and the Create button remains greyed out. Ditto with selecting Skip.

Help?

Edited to add: manually closing the game window, then restarting the client fixed it for whatever reason. Just got into the new tut dungeon.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on May 21, 2019 3:27PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @VanIliriagon

You may be running into an add-on issue. Try disabling your add-ons then see if you can create a new character.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • VanIliriagon
    VanIliriagon
    ✭✭
    I tried everything, including removing all my addons, updating my drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the game etc...
    Nothing worked so far
    Edited by VanIliriagon on May 21, 2019 6:45PM
  • VanIliriagon
    VanIliriagon
    ✭✭
    I've finally found, after more than a week, a solution to this issue. I've added in my router the TCP/UDP rules provided on the website of ESO (ESO support wasn't of much help on how to do that), unplugged my router, turned off all my computers and restarted the router.
    I hope this will be helpful to all those who have the same issue I had :)
  • VanIliriagon
    VanIliriagon
    ✭✭
    I've finally found, after more than a week, a solution to this issue. I've added in my router the TCP/UDP rules provided on the website of ESO (ESO support wasn't of much help on how to do that), unplugged my router, turned off all my computers and restarted the router.
    I hope this will be helpful to all those who have the same issue I had :)

It appears that this solution worked only for a little time... The bug was back the next day already.
    So, PLEASE, FIX THIS BUG !!!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @VanIliriagon

Since adding the required ports in your router settings initially fixed the issue, it indicates the problem is still on your connection being blocked somehow.

Could you check your router settings again to make sure they've not been reset?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post