Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you happy with the new faction locks?

rumple9
rumple9
✭✭✭✭✭
I hate the new locks as it prevents me playing ALTs on the main 30 day CP campaign who are already assigned to different factions which I cannot change. I play PvP on 8 different toons across the 3 factions. It will prevent a lot of my PvP fun.
What do you guys think ?

Are you happy with the new faction locks? 349 votes

Yes it's a good improvement
69%
Imryllfastolfv_ESOGilvoth1mirgNewBlacksmurfdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOkypranb14_ESOWhiteCoatSyndromePhilhypeAsaredSvenjamann9753b16_ESOIruil_ESOJD2013AH93chellieharringtonb16_ESOp_tsakirisb16_ESOAllPlayAndNoWorkTonnopescelord_dal 241 votes
No it sucks
30%
BlueRavenvailjohn_ESOCrescalitrumanb14_ESOAimoraRikumaruKiramekukickback120ub17_ESOAlex_Lexfalcasternub18_ESObooksmcreadNirnStormAjaxandrielxSkullfoxlinuxfan3e8IndorilArwynLlethranpsypandaellahellabellaThe_ShadowbornInechr 108 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've been in effect less than a day. There hasn't been any time to see if the benefits of having faction lock are going to manifest themselves AND be worth keeping the faction lock, given some of the downsides. My only immediate issue with it is that multi-faction No CP players got screwed, since they don't get an unlocked 7-day campaign. Who at ZOS thought that was a good idea?

But from a personal standpoint, I've always played EP for an EP-only PVP guild in CP Cyrodiil, so this didn't impact me at all. If I want to play Cyrodiil on my DC or AD characters, I still have a 7-day campaign to go to.

I say give it time and give No CP an unlocked 7 day campagin. Its going to take some time, probably several month-long campaigns if not longer for things to settle out and see if the benefits of faction-locking achieved ZOS' goals or whether they need to be reverted.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm ecstatic; my friends and I have lobbied to have faction locks restored since they were removed.
    Edited by therift on May 20, 2019 9:20PM
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No it sucks
    Hate it. Went in today and hated it.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I answered yes because I have only ever played DC characters and only plan on playing DC character. I will say this, give it an entire campaign to see what happens with faction locks, not just 4 hours.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't care, all my characters are DC.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    It's so off putting, it spoils all the excitement there could be with the new class, new area etc!

And it's so non-sensical. Players who want to play for a faction score can do that also without locks, and it blocks everyone else from playing as we would like, and with whom we would like.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • GrimClaw
    GrimClaw
    ✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    I hate the new locks as it prevents me playing ALTs on the main 30 day CP campaign who are already assigned to different factions which I cannot change. I play PvP on 8 different toons across the 3 factions. It will prevent a lot of my PvP fun.
    What do you guys think ?

Guess you are the reason why this feature is requested very often :smile:
    Stick to your team and stop beeing the winner team joiner.
    Edited by GrimClaw on May 20, 2019 9:51PM
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    GrimClaw wrote: »
    What do you guys think ?

@GrimClaw a faction is not a team by any definition that I know... it's a large mass of players most of whom do not know each other. Also, most people that I play with and I want to be able to switch to the underdog sides because that's where we find good fights. We do not play this for points for some score of a non-team but to have exciting and challenging fights with our teams (I mean real teams: guild groups, groups of friends)
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • GrimClaw
    GrimClaw
    ✭✭✭
    That's what you say. Reality is: spy on your enemy, then switch and profit.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like faction locks, but I think it's a good compromise to appease the vocal minority and drive some of the Vivec overcrowding to the 7-day campaign.
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not opposed to faction lock as such, if it helps to prevent spies and traitors. But, it seems to me there's something missing. More specifically, at least one more campaign.
    There's only one thirty-day campaign, yes, I can understand that, it is a long-term investment and you don't want to spread the players thin. But there's also only one seven-day campaign, even though there should be two, because we have three factions. Am i missing a point here, or did they just exclude one third of my characters from participating in Cyrodiil?
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, dont care. I am just getting ready to read the soon to be classic, but new threads about how <faction> won the map while I was a sleep, remove faction lock so I can join the winning team / lock Cyrodill when I sleep noaw threads.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No it sucks
    There is no No-CP campaign without faction lock. Not even a 7-day one.

I don't care about CP-enabled PvP. My main PvP char will remain in Sotha (whatever it's called now); casual PvP in other alliances is not possible any more.

Until that is fixed, I am not happy.

(Also, the alliance lock feature is kinda useless anyway, but whatever.)
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    Imo, Faction locks are a good improvement but you have to be able to play with ALL of your characters in one faction during 30 days or at the very least give us the opportunity to change faction for every character a single time after the patch. I am all about Cyrodiil and i have 10 chars (each class stam/mag) divided equally to factions. And i love to play with all of them during the same campaign. I am a single player, i dont have any friends or guilds. But even then, now 70 % of my previously created characters are useless. And i dont care about factions, it is a really very hard situation for people that have friends in each faction or care about them if there will be no compensation in terms of allowance to choose faction again after the patch.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    happy-meme16.jpg
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty much
  • The_Shadowborn
    The_Shadowborn
    ✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    **Sarcasm** Loved it!! **Sarcasm**
    I raid on EP as that is the seemingly best compramise between having a mega zerg to fight (DC) and some other raid guilds to fight on (AD). I small scale on AD as the fights are better. I know have to choose between which friends I want to play with.
    I pvp for the fights I don't care about campaigns and would be happy to take 90% even 100% AP penilty on the other faction as long as it allows me to play the other faction. Today I ended up fighting along side my AD main friends agasint DC so well done I guess for making me finds new ways to play.
    Edited by The_Shadowborn on May 20, 2019 10:32PM
    @W_Shadowborn (PC/EU)
    - Toxic Toads
    - Noxious
    - [/s] Cyrodiil's Fist
    [/s]
  • central_scrutinizer
    No it sucks
    Not a huge fan, I like swapping to another faction to focus rude people with their own private shadow of death in the absence of ffa ruleset as all pvp should be, imo.
    Now I will have less options when messing with padders and such as well.

Although I do like the idea beyond it ruining my ability to stomp people on my own side who deserve it.
    Edited by central_scrutinizer on May 20, 2019 10:35PM
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I don't like is missing out on being able to swap to a different faction to cash in on double AP buffs whenever they show up. Outside of that I don't mind.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    GrimClaw wrote: »

No actually not the winner team joiner - I play on every team every campaign. Now I won't
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celebrating limitations....

Let that sink in

[removed comment]

Some are so concerned with hating/limiting other people theyre celebrating being stripped of an option themselves.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 28, 2019 12:24PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    Celebrating limitations....

Let that sink in

[removed comment]

Some are so concerned with hating/limiting other people theyre celebrating being stripped of a option themselves.

It's a bit absurd, isn't it?
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 28, 2019 12:31PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks

Exactly, it will prevent a lot of PvP fun
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

- Vilestride
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    Just let me pick the faction that I am loyal for all my characters.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    As a pve carebear no I don’t like it. I only go in for the Golden or for my guild. Next achievement like Empieror comes around I most likely will have to use a ton of gold (don’t have a lot of AP) to change to campaigns so I’ll be on the faction the guild needs. If I put my AD in Shor Bahlokdaan and the guild needs blues for an event then I’ll be sol. Also I can’t check the map before choosing so for my pve activities in Cyrodiil I’m gimped.

I’m happy for you all though. Everything is coming up roses for you pvpers. Got your pvp dev in charge of combat and lore, the world is yours.
    Edited by max_only on May 20, 2019 11:42PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy about it personally because now it's a lot harder to troll siege and scrolls and use alts to flip entire maps, but that wasn't all free-for-all factions were about, so I understand why many players are unhappy with this change, and I don't think they're wrong to be.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    Literally the worst change in the game. It was removed for a reason. My guild has swapped alliances a couple times over the years (omg transfactiinals) and we have acquired friends from dc and ad. We recently came back to ad to finish a few characters to 5 stars. So we will be here for probably the year. Now we have to ask our dc friends to make a commitment to us and only main ad in vivec? Sorry but on ps4 NA nobody wants to play on Shor, Its usually dominated by one alliance and often much more dead than vicec

This isnt going to help anyone’s alliance win, this isn’t going to prevent spies, THIS ISNT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING. Why didn’t you make a campaign of each??? A 30day cp with alliance lock and one without etc? Then you could actually see who cares @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    I've played this game for 5 years now and zos only ever makes the game worse as time goes on, not better.

They probably wrote the game of thrones ending too
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No it sucks
    You already know my answer, and that I quit PvP this patch. Good riddance. Though it only really means I will log in far less. It's already hard for me now to bother downloading a 6GB patch for a DLC, I mean "chapter," I won't even be buying.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sucks
    It's short-sighted and bad thought change. Appealing only to the fanatics of this or that faction.