The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zalsheem World Boss bugged. Not count for the achievement.

santialonso
santialonso
✭✭✭
Hi.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
@ZOS_BillE

As the title says, this WB is bugged. I've killed three times and it didn't count for me and others mates around, the same.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    Impossible to complete the daily WB quest as well.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're investigating.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    It counts for me killing this boss the last one.
  • spikesaurus
    spikesaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there, I had a similar issue with "Nightmare Plateau" WB... it was a nightmare too until others turned up, oh gosh lol... but no achieve. Was expecting a few bugs, always is with big new content. Atleast its not completely game-breaking :)
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by fullheartcontainer on May 20, 2019 5:56PM
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, this is the sort of stuff that should be littering the PTS forums so that the game is more polished at release. Instead, children would rather use PTS time to whine about how they didn't one-shot some other kid in Cyrodiil and that their class needs more power because of it...
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we've confirmed this as a bug. If your character dies while fighting this World Boss, you will not get credit for the achievement. This will be fixed in an upcoming incremental patch. Thank you for the report!
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    World Bosses are now No Death/Hard Mode/Speed Run enabled! ;-)
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, we've confirmed this as a bug. If your character dies while fighting this World Boss, you will not get credit for the achievement. This will be fixed in an upcoming incremental patch. Thank you for the report!

With all due respect, I did NOT die and still didn't get credit for achievement or quest...

(and yes, I did get loot so I was within range and did some damage :p )
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Ufretin wrote: »
    With all due respect, I did NOT die and still didn't get credit for achievement or quest...

Hmm, @Ufretin could you give it another try when you get a chance? If your character isn't dying during the fight and you still aren't getting the achievement, we may want to take a look at your account.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, @Ufretin could you give it another try when you get a chance? If your character isn't dying during the fight and you still aren't getting the achievement, we may want to take a look at your account.

Killed him three times now without dying. No achievement, quest didn't update, map icon still black :(
    PC-EU
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

This boss is bugged independently if you die or not. I had a lucky strike cause I killed all the rest of World Bosses I left alive and then I went to kill this bugged boss. It worked for me. The game granted me the achievement and the icon became white.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a long, long time, you could fail to get credit for the base-game WBs if you killed them outside of a certain radius from their origin point. On several of them, this radius was extremely small. Is it possible this issue has resurfaced?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm that it doesn't have to do with dying. I came in halfway through the first time I went in and it didn't work. I assumed I didn't get it because I had come in late, so I waited for it to respawn and soloed the boss. I didn't die (because I was solo it would have reset if I had). I didn't get the achievement
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just killed it without even getting closed to die, my friend also killed it twice without dying. We didn't get the achievement. It also doesn't count for the world boss daily quest. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by themaddaedra on May 20, 2019 10:22PM
    PC|EU
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is not just the World Boss achievement, the daily quest - A Waking Nightmare - is not registering the kill, either. I have killed him three times without dying the quest did not recognize the kill any of those three times and killing him is still listed as an active objective. This world boss is majorly bugged.

ETA" If you kill all five of the other world bosses and then kill this one, then the achievement, the map icon and the daily quest will complete for you.I made sure not to die during the battle, if it makes a difference.
    Edited by LonePirate on May 21, 2019 1:37AM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I just killed it 4 times without dying on my necro and didn't get the achievement at all
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    It is not just the World Boss achievement, the daily quest - A Waking Nightmare - is not registering the kill, either. I have killed him three times without dying the quest did not recognize the kill any of those three times and killing him is still listed as an active objective. This world boss is majorly bugged.

ETA" If you kill all five of the other world bosses and then kill this one, then the achievement, the map icon and the daily quest will complete for you.I made sure not to die during the battle, if it makes a difference.

It still doesn't work, I killed all five of the other wold bosses and the achievement will not take, in spite of never dying
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭

Killed him three times now without dying. No achievement, quest didn't update, map icon still black :(
    PC-EU

Same here. Killed it three times, without dying. 1st time I didn’t get any loot but put that down to joining the fight very late. Then later, while on the WB daily quest to kill this guy, me and another player killed him twice again - both times getting loot off the corpse - but no achievements, icon remains black in the map and unable to hand in the daily quest.
    (PC EU)
    Edited by Anony_Mouse on May 21, 2019 4:54AM
  • chrishart9451b14_ESO
    chrishart9451b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, I killed it twice without dying and no achievement or daily complete.

Edit: I killed the other 5 bosses first and then went and tried it and it worked for the daily, cleared, and got the achievement. Interesting method, but it worked.
    Edited by chrishart9451b14_ESO on May 21, 2019 8:12AM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, I had a similar issue with "Nightmare Plateau" WB... it was a nightmare too until others turned up, oh gosh lol... but no achieve. Was expecting a few bugs, always is with big new content. Atleast its not completely game-breaking :)

this happened to me aswell
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Killed her twice, no deaths, no success. First time thought it might be because I didnt place the urns 1st (no reason why, just scattershotting a possible solution), but nope.

I did die previously, once, in a dragon fight - could that be an effect that lingers?

Hope this helps.
  • Tevlak
    Tevlak
    ✭✭
    never died, did not get achievment
    PC EU
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a long, long time, you could fail to get credit for the base-game WBs if you killed them outside of a certain radius from their origin point. On several of them, this radius was extremely small. Is it possible this issue has resurfaced?

You also would not get credit for killing the world boss if you killed it before "discovering" the world boss, e.g. if someone else had pulled the boss away from its normal location and you came into the fight late.
  • Taresha
    Taresha
    ✭✭
    Killed it 5 times without dying. Got loot all 5 times. No achievement. Same for my 2 friends. PC EU
  • salander7
    salander7
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me. Took the quest and it didn't count. Tried twice

Dropped the quest. Tried another five times. No achievement.

No deaths, got loot every time, not getting the achievement. Sometimes adds were alive, sometimes they were not.

I know some people got the achievement at some point, but still, not a pleasant surprise.

PC EU btw.

Edit: Made it another seven, not five.
    Edited by salander7 on May 21, 2019 5:25PM
    Main: Dragonknight Tank.

Crown trading middleman in PC-EU.
  • Uizuu
    Uizuu
    ✭✭
    Killed him 3 times. Logged out and in and then killed him another time. Got the loot, but no achievement. Only died once.
    I'm playing on PC EU too.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The terror bird world boss is bugged as well, but the bug is that he'll disappear and spawn next to a wall at full health again at some point during the fight. I think Keelsplitter in Summerset might have had a similar bug.
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is there any update on this bug please? It’s preventing us from completing the daily quest and from getting the achievement/completion for this WB.

Not good for us completionists 😅
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm, doing daily, replaced urns, killed Zalsheem. I did not die. Journal registers urn replacement but not death of WB so unable to complete daily
    Edited by Holmarion19 on May 22, 2019 10:09AM