The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

U22 Crown Store - the good, the bad and the (not so) ugly...

• Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    Hey all, just to clear up some confusion here. The price you see on the Any Race, Any Alliance bundle is its permanent price. It's meant to display the total value of the bundle, rather than a sale (which is why there's no timer.)

Hi Sarah. You seem to be confirming that this isn't a typo or error - can you confirm? Could you also confirm why the incredibly high price? As I said in a comment above, this level of pricing for an account upgrade seem new to the store and I am sure many of us are keen to know if this is where Crown Store pricing is going. Ultimately almost £12k Crowns will put this out of reach for most players - is that the strategy here ??

Many thanks :)

Bolded out the part that answers your question
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good - Summerset as DLC
    Bad - Overpriced Skyshards
    Ugly - A Brutal Increase to the Any Race Any Alliance Token
    Your thoughts? And go.

The Ad shows a line through 11,700 and the actual cost is 2000.

Is the line temporary, or is it permanent? Is it on sale? Is it showing you the value of what you are actually getting for 2000 crowns?

Only Zos knows for sure

EDIT: OK. And so it got clarified while I was writing. Peachy.

Edited by barney2525 on May 20, 2019 11:29AM
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all, just to clear up some confusion here. The price you see on the Any Race, Any Alliance bundle is its permanent price. It's meant to display the total value of the bundle, rather than a sale (which is why there's no timer.)

Thank you for clearing that up.
    PS5 EU.
  • Isteris
    Isteris
    ✭✭✭
    I know im going to get shot at here and im not trolling but other than summerset it's pay to win and
    imho you can put the time in and do both the others for free. Yes I know if you want to race change then it means deleting a char and starting again and I get the tedium of sky sharding each new char for skills ect but hey with 6000hrs logged that's how I have had to do it until now and it ain't a bad thing to work for your build instead of just paying real world money,
  • FluffyKitten
    FluffyKitten
    ✭✭✭
    Well, glad I bought araa and adventure pack last year.
    That's an insane price, thought the old price was borderline rude.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Clarified. Total price is 11k+, but we get it for 2k. Not a timed offer, permanent discount.
    Edited by mairwen85 on May 20, 2019 11:46AM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw The adventurer pack is still available for 1hr
  • Auros
    Auros
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I can understand: "there's no timer" i.e. 2k perma price the big number is a marketing thing, not a real price.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isteris wrote: »
    I know im going to get shot at here and im not trolling but other than summerset it's pay to win and
    imho you can put the time in and do both the others for free. Yes I know if you want to race change then it means deleting a char and starting again and I get the tedium of sky sharding each new char for skills ect but hey with 6000hrs logged that's how I have had to do it until now and it ain't a bad thing to work for your build instead of just paying real world money,

Its Pay 4 Convenience. You arent winning anything by getting skyshards immediately.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi Sarah. You seem to be confirming that this isn't a typo or error - can you confirm? Could you also confirm why the incredibly high price? As I said in a comment above, this level of pricing for an account upgrade seem new to the store and I am sure many of us are keen to know if this is where Crown Store pricing is going. Ultimately almost £12k Crowns will put this out of reach for most players - is that the strategy here ??

The permanent price is 2k crowns, not 12.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The permanent price is 2k crowns, not 12.

a-ha....... Makes more sense. Thanks.

Stupid way of listing it though - how confusing is that....?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *wipes away much sweat* :cold_sweat: phew...

Okay, I am glad this is what it was and we were all wrong. Thanks for letting us know.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

Clarified. Total price is 11k+, but we get it for 2k. Not a timed offer, permanent discount.

This is how I interpret this, given what Sarah said. There are 11k worth of items in the bundle, but the cost is only 2k.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is how I interpret this, given what Sarah said. There are 11k worth of items in the bundle, but the cost is only 2k.

Or, for 2K you can get a collection of items to the value of 11K.
    Edited by mairwen85 on May 20, 2019 12:03PM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is correct :smile:
    Staff Post
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you :smile:
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TY Sara, Corrected and faith in ZOS restored :)
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's because the new bundle includes the any race, any alliance pack, the change tokens, the alliance dog, the alliance horse, the alliance costume and alliance hat. The sum of all these things together would be ~11,000 crowns, but they sell it for 2,000. That's how I understood it.

I bought the packs, the dog, the horse, the costumes etc. seperately over the course of the years. 2,000 crowns for all of these together is a nice price I think.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or, for 2K you can get a collection of items to the value of 11K.

This is much better! :smiley: If someday I will somehow want to buy another race change token, I could just buy this bundle and get the token cheaper than it costs as standalone item :)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically The ARAA bundle is now the first MUST buy item for any new player.
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭

The strategy is to appeal to emotion and urgency while obfuscating the actual value of what you get.

Unlocks the ability to create characters of any Alliance regardless of race. Represent your Alliance with a Mount, Pet, Costume, and Hat!

Also contains a Race & Name Change Token, 3 Experience Scrolls, and a collection of Treasure Maps.

13.99€ (2k Crowns) for "Any Race, Any Alliance" alone is hilarious. 2k crowns for "Any Race, Any Alliance" + chaff that costs 11.7k-2k is just killing it.

This is scummy pricing "strategy" at its best. Wombo combo with a cash shop.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

And now I have this tune stuck in my head again, thanks... :lol:
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The strategy is to appeal to emotion and urgency while obfuscating the actual value of what you get.

Unlocks the ability to create characters of any Alliance regardless of race. Represent your Alliance with a Mount, Pet, Costume, and Hat!

Also contains a Race & Name Change Token, 3 Experience Scrolls, and a collection of Treasure Maps.

13.99€ (2k Crowns) for "Any Race, Any Alliance" alone is hilarious. 2k crowns for "Any Race, Any Alliance" + chaff that costs 11.7k-2k is just killing it.

Compared to the previous ARAA version in the Adventurer pack the new bundle is a VAST improvement without dropping the price, good for ZOS, good for us.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When are they adding skill lines and class changes
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    2b4873087f085016509204303f55867e.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEo9sqzX1lQ

To be fair though
    Race change
    Name Change
    Any Race Any Alliance

not bad for 2000. But why make it look like it is worth 11.7k lmao.

It makes sense NOW that it's been explained but my first reaction was WHAT???? lol
    Jebaited...mois...hook, line and sinker lol.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

Good cast there mr Angler
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im actually quite pleased with the skyshards prices. I can use it on zones i friggan hate graht wood, greenshade, malabal tor, coldharbour, black marsh and just grab the ones i want in zones i dont mind and it doesn't cost a second mortgage.

Good job zos you've done the impossible and made me not angry not happy just not angry..
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If thats the case, it's still not an actual discount and can't be promoted as such. Since the Bundle never was on that original price for sale. Please contact your legal department and tell those guys to get their *** together. This is legaly not allowed.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

Skill lines: There was a brief mention that ZoS might consider Mages Guild and/or Psijiic at some point in the future. Based on limited past experience, expect 1-2 years before anything concrete is heard again.

Class Change: ZoS has been consistent for years that the answer is "never". The focus is on alt creation and levelling.

• WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭

Compared to the previous ARAA version in the Adventurer pack the new bundle is a VAST improvement without dropping the price, good for ZOS, good for us.

ZOS, much like almost all privately owned companies, are absolute paragons of benevolence and virtue for sure.

But hey, if these prices (next chapter digital upgrade is 40€, 34% of what you are paying here) presented in an underhanded way is okay with you, then fine, good for you.

EDIT: Clarity and typos.
    Edited by WolfingHour on May 20, 2019 12:58PM