The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character models missing, terrain faulty, repair always stuck at 84%

ElectricGuy
Since Autumn 2018, I haven't been able to play the game because of the game having problems during an update, *** files up because of that, and the repair being stuck at a percentage, thus not working. I've opened plenty of tickets because of this and none have born fruit in solving this problem, so I've decided to post here.
Character models are completely invisible, terrain all black when first ingame but loads somewhat, still faulty because some things don't physically load, thus have no collision.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ElectricGuy

Would you be able to list what troubleshooting you've tried so far?

Knowing what you've done so far will be helpful so no one is recommending troubleshooting you've already tried.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ElectricGuy
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @ElectricGuy

Would you be able to list what troubleshooting you've tried so far?

Knowing what you've done so far will be helpful so no one is recommending troubleshooting you've already tried.

For one, reinstalling. This hasn't resolved my problem as a whole but has allowed me to actually launch the game, instead of crashing slightly after pressing play.
    I've crashed once with this situation too once, and it's the same error I've had before, ESO stopped working.
    Another was adding ESO to firewall exceptions.
  • ElectricGuy
    Also, I've done some more but my memory is failing me and I didn't have the time to post a full reply when my previous message was sent
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ElectricGuy

Besides reinstalling, some additional steps you can take would be updating your video card drivers, changing graphical settings, and removing add-ons. Instructions on completing each of these steps can be found in the article below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    Staff Post
  • ElectricGuy
    @ElectricGuy

Besides reinstalling, some additional steps you can take would be updating your video card drivers, changing graphical settings, and removing add-ons. Instructions on completing each of these steps can be found in the article below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?

I haven't found anything to help fix my problem.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ElectricGuy

Since none of the crash troubleshooting has helped fix the faulty textures and your repair getting stuck, you should start a ticket with customer support if you've not done so.
    Staff Post
  • ElectricGuy
    @ElectricGuy

Since none of the crash troubleshooting has helped fix the faulty textures and your repair getting stuck, you should start a ticket with customer support if you've not done so.

I've done so, hence why I am posting here.
    I've also checked an error log in the files, specifically databuild errors, it seems the system thinks atleast some .txt, ".h" ".fx", .xml and .lua files have file names that are invalid. Also it seems another error file, also named databuild errors has "missing def files". It seems there is also a repeating line in another error file, "Failed on File_Read [F:\Zenimax\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot\eso0104.dat] 65536 (13)" from when I was attempting a repair yet again.
  • ElectricGuy
    I seem to have solved my problem by deleting a file that the repair function kept tripping up on.
    Will update again if I can get the game to work.
  • ElectricGuy
    It's worked. Never knew that the solution would be in such plain sight.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ElectricGuy

Could you let us know which file the repair was having issues with?

This would be helpful in the future for any other players who might run into this exact problem.
    Staff Post
  • ElectricGuy
    @ElectricGuy

Could you let us know which file the repair was having issues with?

This would be helpful in the future for any other players who might run into this exact problem.

It was a depot file, namely "eso0104.dat". I have doubts it would fix any issues in other players cases, but one could recommend looking at the host developer logs to see if there's a file the launcher keeps having problems with.