Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elswyr 2019. Which platform for a casual couple?

blaineswing_ESO
Which platform would you recommend for a casual couple that will not be running anything hardcore. Just questing, and maybe mid tier dungeons and raids?

Ps. We both have our own consoles and PCs.

Elswyr 2019. Which platform for a casual couple? 355 votes

PC
80%
NestorSirAndyakredon_ESOjsarthur_ESOCaligamy_ESOBigBraggJarndycedaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOdeadsheepb14_ESOSkuaSvenjaDestruentBeolundmann9753b16_ESONemesis7884GigasaxGythralAimoraquadraxis666Blackers 286 votes
Ps4 Pro
9%
CheloWolfpawAhPook_Is_HereHuyenCillion3117Peekachu99Takes-No-Prisonertemplesusbri5KelTheRealSnikerperditionerCadburyBomblePantsBallcapDracan_FontomNordSwordnBoardTyharCerboltBobby_V_Rockit 33 votes
Xbox One X
10%
IlawyndeThanatosXRBlack_FlameC0L0SSUSAmorphoZombabe1Rex-Umbrapod88kkBeardimusShadow_AkulaArchMikemSoulgirlGeneral_ZeranthWhite wabbitFeric51Diabolus1989Wise_WillSkyvertexmikemaconArdaghion 36 votes
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    consoles bad
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC
    Addons, better fps etc.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One X
    Been on Console for 3+ years, tried it on PC and immediately didn't enjoy myself.

Consoles are more ergonomic, comfortable, and from what I could tell have less bugs and performance issues overall than the PC client. That said, you NEED to play it on the One X, and not the standard One.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC

PC
    - Best load speeds
    - Highest quality
    - Best performance
    - Addons

Console
    - You have a bad PC.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    I do love playing with the gamepad, but its gotta be on PC just because I can customize the controls to my liking and have addons to help with my UI to be more informative with what's going on.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC
    W0YooRH.jpg
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    Played console from day of release, switched to PC in November 2018, Instantly a better overall experience, the add ons just add to that experience.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC
    Add-ons, make PC the only option...
    FPS on a decent PC takes console off the table, if lack of Add-ons does not (for you)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    I stopped using consoles back in 95. Switched super NES for 486.

Never looked back. PC is just so much better. Less company control, you get addons, more customization, etc etc. You can alttab to forum during load screens. You can play any pod / music / video in the background while having headphones on. You have discord voice chat if you want.

I really don´t get why you would use a console *at all* if you have the choice, but then personal taste is different.
    Edited by MaleAmazon on May 12, 2019 8:43AM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC
    Which platform would you recommend for a casual couple that will not be running anything hardcore. Just questing, and maybe mid tier dungeons and raids?

Never console. Console is basically ignored by zos. QOL, terrible (horrible) performance issues, later updates, no pts, no add ons ( some that should be in the base game already), even representation through class reps... We have none of the good things that PC has and all off the bad things, but worse, that this game has. And zos pretends everything is fine.

I would honestly say, at this point, if you cant play this game on PC then dont play it at all. At least for new players. Those of us who have been here fr years are kind of fkd since zos does not offer transfers.. This game should have never been put on console if they were going to handle it like this.
    Edited by eso_lags on May 12, 2019 8:45AM
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC
    The most important factor is which one you most enjoy playing on. And what kind of a gaming experience you want to have.

For me, console gaming is a more laid back, on the sofa in front of the TV experience, while the PC is an office chair, a desk and a more ‘serious’ gaming space. I’m not sure which of those feels best for you.

The console interface is lovely and using a controller is great, but you can do both with the PC too. Also the built in comms that consoles have is great, but again discord does the same thing for PCs

For me the lack of add-ons on consoles is a massive disadvantage. It makes some basic elements of the game annoying. It was less of an issue when you went through the game zone by zone in progression, but now the whole world is your stage, not knowing where anything is can be a pain.

Whichever you choose, ESO is a great game to play with friends. Have fun
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4 Pro
    As a day one ps4 player, and as much as I love my console, I'd still have to say PC.

It has nothing to do with performance...let's be honest here. Despite the misconceptions, ESO runs pretty bad no matter what platform you play on. My friend was bragging about how much better the game ran on his top of the line PC...and he had crashes and lag just like I had on console. Even when he tried turning down the graphic settings. The slide show did look prettier though. (And this isn't really worth arguing about. So, please save it. No need to turn this into a chest thumping console vs. PC war, and even as a console player saying PC. Though, probably inevitable due to it having console or PC in the title)

But even for what little you want to do, just having a mini map add on, and things like the skyshard and lore book add ons will save you a ton of headaches.
    Edited by Kel on May 12, 2019 8:56AM
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    Consoles used to be so awesome, then they added all the shortcomings of pcs, while pcs added the conveniences of consoles. Other than the nintendo switch, which obviously doesn't have eso, the current generation consoles are just bad, restricted pcs.

• Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xbox One X
    Forum is biased as its mostly pc players. Fb, band etc groups more balanced opinions.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4 Pro
    It’s a solid console....
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xbox One X
    We need as many people as we can on Xbox EU before the server dies.

You can be our heroes baby!!!!!!!
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC
    Pc I used to play on ps4, I could never go back now, pc is a much better experience.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC
    PC. Used to play Xbox one and the PC is way better. I play with my controller still, but add ons make it much easier.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Been on Console for 3+ years, tried it on PC and immediately didn't enjoy myself.

Consoles are more ergonomic, comfortable, and from what I could tell have less bugs and performance issues overall than the PC client. That said, you NEED to play it on the One X, and not the standard One.

Not sure if this is a joke, but you can still use a controller on PC if you like the ergonomics and not only does console get all updates later, they do not have the ability to use addons which makes lots of casual activities like crafting, selling and questing easier in general. Truth be told though if you’re really planning on only casual play then any platform is ok. Although it would be hard for you to play together on a console as you’d need two of everything and room for it. Two PCs seems easier.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC
    The superior one.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One X
    Console has less toxic players than PC
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is proceeding entirely as predicted.

Honestly, considering that you already have your PCs and consoles and price isn’t an issue, it all comes down to how/where you want to play. If you want addons and want to sit at your desks (assuming you don’t have your PCs set-up to run through your TVs), go for PC. If you want to sit on the couch and don’t care about addons, go for console. PC will obviously have better frame rates as it isn’t FPS-capped like console is, but all platforms have performance issues. There is no objectively “superior” platform for ESO — unless you consider access to addons a measure of superiority.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ps4 Pro
    Dont go pc their server dont work
    If your playing casually you dont need these addon
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC
    PC, of course.

Just don't use steam.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC

To be casual player is irrelevant of platform. PC is better platform overall for everything.
    And the significant majority are casual players in at least in PC EU. Only a tiny fraction 1-2% are not.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid on these forums you will get a biased awnser to this question. A few questions to ask yourself, do you already own a system to play on for both people? Well this is a good game I'm not sure it's worth spending thousands for a couple new systems just so you can play on a specific platform. Do you know anyone that already plays on a specific platform? Having some people to play together with is what often times keeps people playing and can make the game more enjoyable.
    I'm sure whatever platform you choose you can get some enjoyment from this game.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    PC, but avoid Steam and buy the game direct from ZOS.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    pc with controller
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    Tandor wrote: »

^This. Don't go through Steam, they frequently have log in issues. Buy from the site here and use ZOSs launcher, don't use Steam.

PC has more players and also you can use addons, it's the better platform IMO.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    Tandor wrote: »

As a PC NA Steam player, I agree with this 100%.