Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Boss Not Spawning

SpookyPickle
SpookyPickle
✭✭✭
There's a sidequest in Murmire called Empty Nest. I am at the point in the quest where I'm asked to "Kill Krona and Ree-Nakal" I walked into the boss room to 5 other players standing around emoting and waiting on the boss to spawn. I joined in for a bit but after about 15 minutes we all decided to leave the room and wait 1 minute before going back in, hoping the boss would spawn after we had all left. We did so, but still no Krona and Ree-Nakal.

cbxbbnqolnw6.jpg

That's the room we've all been waiting on the boss for. Going on 25 minutes now.
  • Pandorax13x
    Pandorax13x
    Soul Shriven
    Still happeneing now. I've been stood in this room for the last 20 minutes, it's now 00:57am, and I'm still waiting for them to spawn....me thinks this quest is broken...sigh
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    Still happeneing now. I've been stood in this room for the last 20 minutes, it's now 00:57am, and I'm still waiting for them to spawn....me thinks this quest is broken...sigh

Yeah, I tried to get everyone in there to comment on this thread but I guess they just didnt fell like it. It's a pretty big problem in my opinion. I tried the quest again yesterday and it's STILL broken.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still doing it for me (PC NA). Tried:
    -Relogging inside boss room, and then again outside boss room
    -Leaving dungeon completely
    -Leaving Murkmire completely
    -Logged off for 20 minutes
    Bosses still not spawning. I come back to check once an hour or so but they're never there, and room usually has 4-5 people waiting with no luck.
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on October 28, 2018 1:43PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    Still doing it for me (PC NA). Tried:
    -Relogging inside boss room, and then again outside boss room
    -Leaving dungeon completely
    -Leaving Murkmire completely
    -Logged off for 20 minutes
    Bosses still not spawning. I come back to check once an hour or so but they're never there, and room usually has 4-5 people waiting with no luck.

Yep. I've done all this as well including abandoning the quest and starting all over. Still wouldn't spawn for me. I see nothing regarding this issue in the patch notes, any update on this issue, @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    I just went into the final boss chamber and it works now.
  • ijs
    ijs
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem at this moment , bos is not spawning. 2 more persons waiting here for a while also.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This appears to be bugged still.

It worked on my main, but a second time through Krona and Ree-Nakal are not appearing.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is intermittent. I had to check back a few times before I could complete the quest. When I arrived, the boss was already at half health, so I got lucky.

Hopefully, they can fix it in an upcoming patch.

Edit: remember to write a bug report. Don't just depend upon them fixing it.
    Edited by Elsonso on November 12, 2018 12:57PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Oakthorn
    Oakthorn
    ✭✭
    It is intermittent. I had to check back a few times before I could complete the quest. When I arrived, the boss was already at half health, so I got lucky.

One month later: still not fixed. No bosses around, relogging doesn't help.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakthorn wrote: »

One month later: still not fixed. No bosses around, relogging doesn't help.

I came back a couple days later, killed the boss, and finished the quest.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Could you all please clarify if the boss is simply taking a long time to respawn, or if he's not respawning at all? It shouldn't take more than a minute or so.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SpookyPickle
    SpookyPickle
    ✭✭✭
    Could you all please clarify if the boss is simply taking a long time to respawn, or if he's not respawning at all? It shouldn't take more than a minute or so.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I'm not sure if this has been fixed, I haven't been back to try. But it was just not spawning at all. There was no dead body from the previous group who killed it, and it wasn't respawning at all. Not even sure if it was there prior to my initial entry - no one that had been inside waiting before me had seen it either. I'm not sure if it was a bug in that particular instance of the zone or what. We tried abandoning the quest and starting over and nothing seemed to work.

Again, I haven't been back to try since my initial post of this but it seems hit or miss according to other posts on this thread.
  • Oakthorn
    Oakthorn
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno When I entered the room it was completely empty, also no other players around. I searched the room, also no dead body of the boss. According to tips of others, I left the room and re-logged outside. Then went back in, still no boss, empty room.

What solved it for me: I re-logged again INSIDE the room (the comment above was written after the first re-log OUTSIDE the room). After being online again, the boss was there and I could kill it.
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭

am doing the quest now have been waiting 20 minuts no spawning, was a guy there with me who thought the devs might have settet respawn on 1 hour instead of 1 minut but after a while he said hes been waiting a hour and still no boss
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • Locksheon
    Locksheon
    ✭✭✭
    It's been 8 months since people noticed this bug, and it's still occuring. I sent in a ticket tonight, but as of 5/10/19, it's still bugged.

Same issue as described above. I've tried relogging, running the dungeon again, logging off for 10-20 minutes, and nothing helps.

Everytime there is a room full of people jumping around wondering where the boss is.
    www.twitch.tv/locksheon
  • Rocteruen
    Rocteruen
    Soul Shriven
    @Locksheon @ZOS_GinaBruno I can verify that the boss either taking a while too spawn or not at all as described in this thread is still happening as of 5/10/2019 at 2:20am. Im playing NA on a PC.

This may be unrelated but I noticed that the female Argonian NPC, Haxara, stopped following me a ways before I got to the door to the boss room. Watching other's footage of what entering that room implies that perhaps I need the NPC to activate the roleplaying sequence. I've looked everywhere abs ran the instances like 3 times looking arounx. suppose the NPC could just load when the boss spawns as well.
  • Locksheon
    Locksheon
    ✭✭✭
    Rocteruen wrote: »
    @Locksheon @ZOS_GinaBruno

This may be unrelated but I noticed that the female Argonian NPC, Haxara, stopped following me a ways before I got to the door to the boss room. Watching other's footage of what entering that room implies that perhaps I need the NPC to activate the roleplaying sequence.

^^ Confirmed. I logged in today and the NPC, Haxara, was standing there with me in the cave. She had a dialogue with the boss. Previously, Haxara was NOT with me. It appears that Haxara despawns at random times during the quest.
    It happened to me once when I first entered the cave (when she's crying over the broken eggs), and again later after saying she wanted to accompany me once we killed the two mini-bosses.
    www.twitch.tv/locksheon
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    Stil bugged, 14 of us waiting and no spawn. Relogged, no spawn. Swapped characters and back again to get a different instance. No spawn.

Yet another bugged quest you just leave in game.
  • Trikie_Dik
    Trikie_Dik
    ✭✭✭
    yep - March 2020 and still broken... tried to do it during the event and there are tons of us just standing around baffled on what to do next......
  • Trikie_Dik
    Trikie_Dik
    ✭✭✭
    Trikie_Dik wrote: »
    yep - March 2020 and still broken... tried to do it during the event and there are tons of us just standing around baffled on what to do next......

OK, so i found a work around - i went back outside of the instance, ran through again, and waited for someone who had the NPC following them to enter the room. I just piggy-backed on that person, once the fight started got some hits in, and it marked the objective as complete.

Just wanted to share incase others are having the same issue!