Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The problem with faction lock for the veteran PvP players

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s a thought, how about we try it out for a month and if it doesn’t work we can always go back... that beats whining about something that’s changed before *grin*.
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    So what exactly is the point of emping over and over and over again? is it just the ap farm? I personally think the Emp should be the person with the most keep takes not the most AP... at least that would reflect an actual emperor leading his faction in war
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what exactly is the point of emping over and over and over again? is it just the ap farm? I personally think the Emp should be the person with the most keep takes not the most AP... at least that would reflect an actual emperor leading his faction in war

No , should just add more leaderboards for offense, defense and scrolls with their own rewards.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been saying for a while now they should add leaderboards for successful scroll carries by player per campaign but it's easier said than done.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »
    so just plan your characters, who and where you main, its easy

Planning will not change the fact that faction locks, if they go live, will restrict options in playing together with different groups of friends and will restrict the options of going where we can find good fights even more. They will be enormously frustrating for many of the people who currently play on a daily basis.

PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's important to understand that the devs have made it pretty clear by their actions that they hope the veteran pvp players will just go away.

The things they do make a lot more sense when you understand that you aren't really their customer and they don't care about what you want.
    Edited by pzschrek on April 26, 2019 7:12PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    I think it's important to understand that the devs have made it pretty clear by their actions that they hope the veteran pvp players will just go away.

The things they do make a lot more sense when you understand that you aren't really their customer and they don't care about what you want.

They want us out of their game, we are a stone that annoys their progress and economy system, all they just want is casual and tryhard pvers in instances doing all achievements and draining the crown store
    Edited by HaroniNDeorum on April 28, 2019 4:13PM
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @HaroniNDeorum it certainly seems that way sometimes
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday:

G3tC5gP.png

ZGSJjmY.png
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Yesterday:

G3tC5gP.png

ZGSJjmY.png

Maybe someone wanted to clear inventory?

What are we supposed to be looking at?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The implementation is not very good. I’d have no issue if there was an unlocked noCP campaign, 7 day or no. But that I should be forced to play either CP PvP or IC with all my alts is pure BS.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday:

G3tC5gP.png

ZGSJjmY.png

PC must be way more honorable than console @Joy_Division ... somebody on DC hopped on an AD character and put up the max number of camps so that AD couldn't put any up at keeps that were being attacked. EP did the same thing about an hour later. Used to happen pretty regularly, haven't noticed it recently until yesterday.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday:

G3tC5gP.png

ZGSJjmY.png

PC must be way more honorable than console @Joy_Division ... somebody on DC hopped on an AD character and put up the max number of camps so that AD couldn't put any up at keeps that were being attacked. EP did the same thing about an hour later. Used to happen pretty regularly, haven't noticed it recently until yesterday.

True story. A "hardcore faction loyalist" EP who plays on NA- PC once spent a night dropping 60 forward camps because he wanted to sabotage this other "hardcore faction loyalist" EP player who was emperor.

I know it's totally unbelievable that such die-hard faction loyalists would allow their own personal pettiness to mar the good of the faction because it's only bandwagon faction-hopper AP boosting exploiters that do such things, but it did in fact happen.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 30, 2019 4:03PM
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    somebody on DC hopped on an AD character and put up the max number of camps so that AD couldn't put any up at keeps that were being attacked. EP did the same thing about an hour later. Used to happen pretty regularly, haven't noticed it recently until yesterday.
    Thanks for explaining the picture... if that doesn't obliterate the anti-faction lock argument, then those people clearly won't ever get it.

Lethal zergling
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    somebody on DC hopped on an AD character and put up the max number of camps so that AD couldn't put any up at keeps that were being attacked. EP did the same thing about an hour later. Used to happen pretty regularly, haven't noticed it recently until yesterday.
    Thanks for explaining the picture... if that doesn't obliterate the anti-faction lock argument, then those people clearly won't ever get it.

Wouldn't it just point to the fact that there need to be better checks to prevent griefing, instead of just locking people into playing only X faction on Y campaign?

RIP to anyone who likes no CP and has characters on multiple factions a la One Tamriel.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Wouldn't it just point to the fact that there need to be better checks to prevent griefing, instead of just locking people into playing only X faction on Y campaign?
    That's a good thought, but because there are so many ways in which this is a detriment, but only one single way in which it is a benefit, banning it outright is the better approach.
    RIP to anyone who likes no CP and has characters on multiple factions a la One Tamriel.
    Sorry, no time to rest. That describes me perfectly, and I will be too busy playing to rest.

Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on April 30, 2019 7:21PM
    Lethal zergling
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks won't prevent me from repairing the Alessia bridge when EP spends waaaay too long destroying them while we lose Chal and Arrius is flagged. Jus saying. ;) I see alot of folks blaming faction hopping, when in reality campaign losses come down to just some crappy map decisions being made. All 3 sides are guilty of this.

This is coming from someone who doesn't care about the map too much, but 2 of my guild always ends up defending things no one else responds to. It is possible to play for the side you're on at the time. If EP is gating AD or DC, I don't need to be on my EP toon - I need to be on my other toons to try to help make sure everyone has the opportunity to play the game. If your enemy can't get out of their bases, you're not making AP people.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ks888 wrote: »
    It is possible to play for the side you're on at the time.

It's pretty clear a lot of players don't have the mental flexibility to be able to understand this.

• Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

It's pretty clear a lot of players don't have the mental flexibility to be able to understand this.

No we have the mental flexibility to understand that there are no sides when everyone plays for all of them.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

No we have the mental flexibility to understand that there are no sides when everyone plays for all of them.

LOL, no. That's not what it means, it means my reds can play for red, my blues can play for blue, without cheating/trolling/sabotaging. My characters have sides (and fight furiously for them).

Maybe it would help if I said it's kind of like how I can play a female character despite not being in possession of any female body parts myself.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, no. That's not what it means, it means my reds can play for red, my blues can play for blue, without cheating/trolling/sabotaging. My characters have sides (and fight furiously for them).

Maybe it would help if I said it's kind of like how I can play a female character despite not being in possession of any female body parts myself.

No, people who swap factions don't fight for any sides they fight for themselves, its all about them and they don't care who wins because they always win on one character or another, regardless of their anatomical make up. When you fight furiously for a faction, and 5 minutes later fight furiously against them, your not really fighting for them at all, its just for you and your close knit group of other furiously fighting faction swappers.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, no. That's not what it means, it means my reds can play for red, my blues can play for blue, without cheating/trolling/sabotaging. My characters have sides (and fight furiously for them)
    They CAN, but they DON'T. This is the problem: when your reds play for red, and your blues play for red, and your yellows play for red. This is why faction lock needs to exist. Some people are ruining it for the rest of you.

Lethal zergling
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, people who swap factions don't fight for any sides they fight for themselves, its all about them and they don't care who wins because they always win on one character or another, regardless of their anatomical make up. When you fight furiously for a faction, and 5 minutes later fight furiously against them, your not really fighting for them at all, its just for you and your close knit group of other furiously fighting faction swappers.

You’re still fighting for the alliance that you’re currently playing regardless of the wordplay you’re trying to use. If I help dethrone someone while on dc that’s me helping dc. Playing for yourself is when you don’t play any objective at all and choose action over anything.

Everything isn’t so black and white. People can have multiple reasons to play for other factions. Just because they don’t coincide with your faction loyalist mindset doesn’t mean it’s not possible.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

Everything isn’t so black and white. People can have multiple reasons to play for other factions. Just because they don’t coincide with your faction loyalist mindset doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

Spot on, AND just because you don't cheat when you faction hop doesn't mean cheating is not possible..

Both sides of this debate are right, and wrong. It's not black and white as you say - hence ZOS nailing it by giving choice.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    [

Spot on, AND just because you don't cheat when you faction hop doesn't mean cheating is not possible..

Both sides of this debate are right, and wrong. It's not black and white as you say - hence ZOS nailing it by giving choice.

Honestly though the cheating is few and far between in my experiences on both ps4 and pc after having played the game for 5 years. For instance I dunked a scroll like 5 months ago, a faction loyal guild still hasn’t forgot.

I would say people remember the occurrence and won’t let it go for longer. No matter what. Sad part is the camp had 3 days left and said faction was behind 20k points or so rendering the scroll useless as they were mathematically not going to overcome the deficit.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    For instance I dunked a scroll like 5 months ago, a faction loyal guild still hasn’t forgot.
    Poster-boy for faction lock.

Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For instance I dunked a scroll like 5 months ago, a faction loyal guild still hasn’t forgot.
    Poster-boy for faction lock.
    I main the said faction so not really. I’m just proof that faction locks don’t matter.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [

Honestly though the cheating is few and far between in my experiences on both ps4 and pc after having played the game for 5 years. For instance I dunked a scroll like 5 months ago, a faction loyal guild still hasn’t forgot.

I would say people remember the occurrence and won’t let it go for longer. No matter what. Sad part is the camp had 3 days left and said faction was behind 20k points or so rendering the scroll useless as they were mathematically not going to overcome the deficit.

almost every day multiple times a day is few and far between? Good, good. Now we know that daily cheating is rare cheating. Good to know.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    [

almost every day multiple times a day is few and far between? Good, good. Now we know that daily cheating is rare cheating. Good to know.

It’s not as rampant as your hyperbole makes it appear. So please just stop.
  • Augustus67
    Augustus67
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe instead of faction lock,make it so you can only ever be Emperor once,per account ,regardless of faction.