Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necro healer builds?

dcam86b14_ESO
dcam86b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Can anyone point me to some healing builds for the necro class by chance?
Thank you.
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    FC7X2Ia.png

Here, this is my skill setting for necro healer.

I've tested and researched it since pts launch, but i dunno it will work great since i never done vet trial with it.
    If you have any question, just ask me :smile:
    Edited by CHM228 on May 7, 2019 10:35AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone point me to some healing builds for the necro class by chance?
    Thank you.

You might want to specify the content you’re doing, @dcam86b14_ESO ... so other forum-goers don’t automatically assume PvE, PvP, Trials, etc.
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast has one on his website
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the build I currently use for veteran Sunspire:
    zLqgwuI.jpg
    Zf0dANa.jpg
    I think the other builds posted in this tread are making a huge mistake by using up corpses for healing and not draining them for ultigen with Necrotic Potency, thereby wasting one of the classes biggest strengths. Corpses are honestly pointless for healing, you can heal just as well and more reliable with normal healing skills and additionally drastically increase your buffing capabilities.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • CHM228
    CHM228
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    zLqgwuI.jpg
    Zf0dANa.jpg
    I think the other builds posted in this tread are making a huge mistake by using up corpses for healing and not draining them for ultigen with Necrotic Potency, thereby wasting one of the classes biggest strengths. Corpses are honestly pointless for healing, you can heal just as well and more reliable with normal healing skills and additionally drastically increase your buffing capabilities.

Nice build you have! It's good to see actual necro healer in this forum.

I mostly agree your opinion, and i'd love to use necro potency in my skill setting.

I wanna ask you about something since you have experience in actual vet trials, which is vet ss in pts;

* Why you don't use life amid death, which can purge your ally and do nice dot healing? It can be used alone for burst aoe heal too.

* Is totem really worth for healer?

* Why did you choose other healing pet morph instead of intensive mender?

* When you need constant corpse, you can slot blast bones like me. how do you think about it?

I done many vet trials in live server, but mostly with dps, not heal. So i need good advice from someone :smile:
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why you don't use life amid death, which can purge your ally and do nice dot healing? It can be used alone for burst aoe heal too.

I don't need a purge and for healing springs are more reliable and don't use up corpses.

Is totem really worth for healer?

The totem itself is okayish, however it gives a unique synergy for proccing alkosh and that is why I'm using it.

Why did you choose other healing pet morph instead of intensive mender?

I find the pet to be rather unreliable, it doesn't do much, even with the stronger heal. However I need a pet for the passives and this morph is better in that regard. Especially in a new raid and with PTS performance I try to be more tanky then usual.

When you need constant corpse, you can slot blast bones like me. how do you think about it?

I tried it out and think it works pretty well. However I kind of don't have the barspace and patients for a minigame every 3 seconds at the moment. :D
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • munchkinxx
    munchkinxx
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    zLqgwuI.jpg
    Zf0dANa.jpg

I agree with this explanation in so far utility wise if you are in a core group with an appropriate dual healer set up in your group. It also depends on the content.

An ulti gen play-style for a healer is advanced though for most players, as resource management seems to be far above the skill of them. Little know the ulti gen is best for warhorn with jorvalds back bar and even less know why to wear these sets and when at all.

Seeing too many with the assumption one healer set up rules them all....and farm the crap out one or two trials, get the gear and call themselves an end game healer.

But if I am reading this correctly, you have Jorvulds Front bar with war horn on the back with Olorime..? If so why? I know reanimate is expensive and I am guessing it is because of the ulti gen passive but with this set up you are not generating a great deal of your own corpses without trash mobs and only a 16 second pick up, so i am wondering what the ulti regen rate is actually like.

If not, I am sorry, not used to reading the pc version of the sheet XD. PS4 healer from launch.

But considering what you are capable of doing with this healer, players should be looking to this build as a goal.

I am curious as to what your off healer was and wearing in VSS.. as to what you believe compliments the necro best in the other healer?
    Edited by munchkinxx on June 26, 2019 2:24AM
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    @munchkin12369

This setup is Nice, with the Master restau staff, you need to have Jorvuld at all time on you by putting an olorime lightning staff

Why did he put warhorn on the backbar ? Because if you have a good group you are not supposed to play the rez ultimate but the meteor (for the max magicka, passives = more heal power)

Why did he play the 16 seconds ghost ? I try to do it with the 8 seconds one, the things is, as a necro healer, you dont care about the heal from the ghost (too random, and it s only one person every two seconds), you dont care about the corpse generation (way more important for a dps) , but you care about your regen (check the last passive from healing branch).
    Like i said, i tried it with the 8 seconds one, and it is nearly impossible to get any stable rotation..(i guess he got the same conclusion)

Nethertheless, I disagree with his bar construction, i dont think you have to run the blockade if you run the totem, because if i remember well it provide the same debuff (someone can confirm ?), but the totem Will have a better ultime for the minor vulneravility

My first bar is >
    Flash heal
    Healing spring
    Combat prayer
    Ghost (16 seconds)
    Healing theter (Nice off heal when you are rzfreshing your buff)

My second bar is >
    Boneyard
    Totem
    Energy orb
    Elemental punction (you can ask to the other healer to put this one, and you win a slot)
    Purge

Consondering you have Jorvuld/Olorime on you, the other healer can play Worm/Mending, if there is a lot of Stam Dd Naavithas/Mending, some play Infaillible Mage instead of Mending, it s up to you and you pzrtner, but your group dont need 2 olorime especially if you have Jorvuld...

I hope i answered your question, bye :)

EDIT :
    On the second bar, you can ask to the second healer to play the punction and you can play the tank skill that increase the Next Light attack damage by 40%, i dont Know if this spell is worth it or no, the thing is that you need to spam it in order to get à strong increase of the dps, and i dont know, if one cast every 5 seconds is effective or not, if someone knows more about it, please feel free to share your feeling ! :) ( @FakeFox ?)
    Edited by danara on June 26, 2019 7:05AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intensive Mender is an incredibly strong heal, I don’t see any reason why you would not use this morph. The 10% damage redirection is pretty much worthless imho. One tick of Intensive Mender heals like four ticks of Mutagen / three ticks of RR. The downside is you have to activate it every 8 seconds but the upside is your corpse generation is increased by the shorter duration, too. It’s a fantastic healing skill.
    Edited by Seraphayel on June 26, 2019 8:10AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    @Seraphayel

Mutagen heal 2 time every 2 seconds and it heal 2 person and it last 20 seconds (not sure about that)
    Intensive mender heal 1 time every 2 seconds but it heals one person and it last 8 seconds

If you are ine pvp, yes maybe idk i never tried healer necro in pvp

But in pve you are not playing this skill for the heal, but for the passive, you dont care about the 10% damage mitigation

And for which skill/passive do you need à corpse every 8srconds ?

I dare you to have decent uptime of any buff AND intensive mender at the same time in real fight

Edited by danara on June 26, 2019 8:30AM
  • munchkinxx
    munchkinxx
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Intensive Mender is an incredibly strong heal, I don’t see any reason why you would not use this morph. The 10% damage redirection is pretty much worthless imho. One tick of Intensive Mender heals like four ticks of Mutagen / three ticks of RR. The downside is you have to activate it every 8 seconds but the upside is your corpse generation is increased by the shorter duration, too. It’s a fantastic healing skill.

I am leaning towards this option myself, particularly with the SM ticks vs Mutagen etc

My understanding is that you do not have to wait the full 8 seconds to generate a corpse and get the proper effect of the cast. If you recast at 4 seconds and under, you get the benefit of a corpse without having to wait the full 8 seconds. Try to recast from 8 to 4 and you do not get a corpse...

Same for Bone Armour I believe, though irrelevant here, I know.
    Edited by munchkinxx on June 26, 2019 8:55AM
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    In order to generate a corpse you have to wait half of the spell duration (mender, skeleton, bone armor)

But if you have to wait 4,seconds (at least to drop a corpse) when you need it, it is not worth it

Plus the corpse has to be well placed for some spell (i think to life amid death, i dont understand like this spell also, too situational) and the mender stay a litle behind you, and as a healer you have to stay behind your group, so most of the time the corpse is not well placed

In my opinion opinion, 8 seconds is to short for what it does, and it cost too much, if they change the mender placement (like in front of you) maybe i ll change my mind, but for now i think it is not even considerable as a viable option

By the way i run Blue food (4k max mag, 400 max regen) and even with that it is too much
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intensive Mender costs 1500 Magicka when we consider the buff you get after one of your pet dies. So the first cast might cost 2000 Magicka but the following all just cost 1500. For the amount of healing plus the corpse generation I think it’s an amazing skill and very cheap.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @munchkin12369

This is a build from my PTS testing and quite a few things have changed since then. First of all I was using Jorvulds on both bars in those screen shots. As for actual ultigen I still use Necrotic Potency a lot, however not for many trial bosses anymore, because I simply lack barspace and the ultigen passive can be procced by graveyard as well. The impact of Necrotic Potency directly scales with the amount of enemies that leave corpses as it generates 6 ultimate for every corpse, sadly I found out that even in many add heavy boss fights it's probably not worth it as the adds simply leave no corpses.

Using corpses to heal instead is absolutely not worth it in most fights in my opinion. The heals you get are simply not good enough to justify using this somewhat unreliable mechanic and GCDs on skills that don't buff. You can always just spam springs instead if you want pure healing.

My group currently does not run a necro healer anymore, as we are stacking stamina necros and need the support slots for other classes. There are two situations that make running a necro interesting and result either on a combination with warden or templar. Either you have a warden tank or you don't need a templars offensive support. But in general you can run a necro with anything as the class is strong and versatile enough.

Currently we run warden + templar in vSS with templar using Torugs + Infal and warden using Jorvulds + Olorime, but you could do the exact same with necro. I also don't run master staff anymore, as springs usually only make up 1-3% of my casts at the moment, I run asylum staff instead.

I agree with @danara on the ghost. It's very unreliable and 8 seconds is just a waste of GCDs in my opinion. As for the totem I can't agree. You would need to place it every 5 seconds or so to get a good uptime of vulnerability, apart from that I also run blockade for off balance and to procc my weapon glyph.

The rezz ultimate I don't use anymore, it has been nerfed too much in my opinion and is only really useful when learning a new trial anyway.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just like to say in the argument with mender maybe it might be good to use skelington mage? Cuz the dps could be good as an off dps if u don’t need the heals and the duration is long 4 the passive.
    Edited by ThePhantomThorn on September 11, 2019 11:31PM