Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-On Request: Multiple Inventory Bags

WhiteQueen
WhiteQueen
✭✭✭
If you're mildly OCD like me, everything has a place and everything in its place is kind of a goal. And since the inventory interface of this game is horribly backward perhaps some modders can make this come true?

I know there are grid-slot mods already out, so how about being able to add separate windows where we can store stuff, so they're not all in the main window. The way everything is higgledy-piggledy infuriates me.
  • vikemosabe
    vikemosabe
    Soul Shriven
    I'm confused as to what you would want beyond what it does.
    It has different tabs for all different kinds of loot, which I find extremely useful and plenty sufficient for my needs.
    What more would you like?

I don't this as a flame or anything, truly want to know.
    And maybe a would-be mod maker will get a better idea of what you want as well.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    @vikemosabe‌
    Hi. Okay, picture this, you open your back and what do you see? An interminable list of stuff alphabetised. Click on weapons and an entire list of weapons. And so on and so forth.

Now, picture this. You open your bag. You see one window with all the stuff you just picked up. Another window with the stuff you want to research. One window with potions. Another window with crafting materials. Another window with racial lore books. This way they're not all jumbled together in one drop-down list. Organising, banking and whatnot will be easier; you won't accidentally sell something you didn't want to sell or destroy something you didn't want to destroy.

I hope this links.

Not_a_purse.jpg
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with some additional filtering. So instead of all materials, you could see all smithing materials, or even all tier 2 smithing materials. Instead of all weapons, you could see all one hand weapons, or all daggers. Instead of all consumables, you could filter to all potions, or all motifs, or all recipes.

Finally, a master filter than would filter by matching whatever you type into it. So, you could type "iron", and the all items list would show iron weapons, iron armor, iron ore, and iron ingots.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    @tallenn wrote: »
    I'd be happy with some additional filtering. So instead of all materials, you could see all smithing materials, or even all tier 2 smithing materials. Instead of all weapons, you could see all one hand weapons, or all daggers. Instead of all consumables, you could filter to all potions, or all motifs, or all recipes.

Finally, a master filter than would filter by matching whatever you type into it. So, you could type "iron", and the all items list would show iron weapons, iron armor, iron ore, and iron ingots.

I haven't tried it yet but there's an add-on for that. At least t he master filter.
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info165-InventoryMod.html
  • claudekennilol
    claudekennilol
    ✭✭✭
    vikemosabe wrote: »
    It has different tabs for all different kinds of loot, which I find extremely useful and plenty sufficient for my needs.

I had to LOL your post just because I can't figure out what game you're playing that makes you think the inventory management is fine as is.
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteQueen wrote: »

I haven't tried it yet but there's an add-on for that. At least t he master filter.
    Awesome, thanks! I'll be trying that out tonight!
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteQueen wrote: »

I haven't tried it yet but there's an add-on for that. At least the master filter.
    Awesome, thanks! I'll be trying that out tonight!

Hope you find it useful!
  • vikemosabe
    vikemosabe
    Soul Shriven
    vikemosabe wrote: »

I had to LOL your post just because I can't figure out what game you're playing that makes you think the inventory management is fine as is.

I've truly never had an issue.
    Maybe I'm just used to the system from playing skyrim so much.
    Idk
  • Januk
    Januk
    Oooh look TSW nice screenshot. I never did manage to understand how inventory management worked with multiple windows like that since it was all derived from the limited inventory slots you had.
  • aislin
    aislin
    I actually like the tab option that we have currently but I do agree that there should be a way to filter them into sub categories under each tab.. and the search option would be GREAT!