Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Why does the Engine Guardian Styles dye like crap?

Billdor
Billdor
✭✭✭✭
I apply Divine Gold to it and it looks like some homeless Khajiit has urinated all over it! Howcome it doesn't dye correctly... See the link below:

https://imgur.com/a/ZfxC1hd
Edited by Billdor on April 30, 2019 8:00PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They all dye badly
  • Billdor
    Billdor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    They all dye badly

I'd at least expect it to actually keep the same consistancy since ya know thats 300k spent on the Helm and Shoulders as well as 2.5k Crowns on the Arms Pack...
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, whoever designed the dye system in this game deserves a good slapping.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Quite a few dye horribly. I would like an option to apply a finish like matte or something.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only thing that engine guardian helm and shoulders looks good in is julianos white.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess its because of whatever texture the devs thought the material would "realistically" look like

Seems like it was just someone's opinion

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billdor wrote: »
    I apply Divine Gold to it and it looks like some homeless Khajiit has urinated all over it! Howcome it doesn't dye correctly... See the link below:

This is not breaking news is it?

You could have dyed a regular Engine Guardian helm when Divine Gold debuted last year with the Summerset patch.

Not to mention that the Dwemer style is what ... circa November 2014?

And it doesn’t match? Color me surprised. ;)

Not that it’s a forums-worthy problem either. Find another gold dye that does match.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 1, 2019 4:13AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS are the ultimate trolls.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have to mess with the dyes a little, but it isn't too hard to get it to match.
    I've noticed a lot of the Tier 1 dyes seem to do better for those materials.
    Screenshot_20190427_021632.png
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on May 1, 2019 4:27AM
  • Billdor
    Billdor
    ✭✭✭✭

You could have dyed a regular Engine Guardian helm when Divine Gold debuted last year with the Summerset patch.

Not that it’s a forums-worthy problem either. Find another gold dye that does match.

Helpful comment of the day. FYI all gold dyes look like crap..
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bloodroot wine looks very gold on the EG helm :)@Billdor if you wanted to try it out
  • Billdor
    Billdor
    ✭✭✭✭
    bloodroot wine looks very gold on the EG helm :)@Billdor if you wanted to try it out

Cheers mate, I'll give that a go.
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    They all dye badly

Sellistrix died amazingly. Got it on various characters in gold, blue, red and green. This one takes different shades of gold differently but that, to be fair, is it.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soooo disappointed with the engine guardian shoulder. Used the darkest black I got (legate’s black) and looks a sickly brown. Ugh.
  • ALPHAKILOx907
    ALPHAKILOx907
    Soul Shriven
    Seriously, ZoS really should update the outfit stations and improve the dyes
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always hated the dye on Mercenary style, Heavy chest.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure about this specific example, but some of the other monster outfit pieces use different color channels from the actual items.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always hated the dye on Mercenary style, Heavy chest.

Mercenary's always been a bit disappointing for me. I love the aesthetic in concept, but in practice it's ended up a bit, "meh."
  • Scarpion
    Scarpion
    ✭✭✭
    Julianos White.
    SDk & MSorc.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We have had to remove some comments that were baiting or otherwise nonconstructive or inappropriate.

Please remember to keep comments constructive and civil and take a moment to review our Community Rules here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭
    Divine gold looks good on metal but looks like crap on leather and cloth.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play around at the outfit table a lot. Mixing different sets always has a chance of not matching right. The material from one can be metallic and shiny and another piece can dye really dull or even a completely different looking color. I have to play around a lot with the colors and sometimes go for a slighty different color on another piece to make it look like it matches better. Sometimes I can't get light/dark colors to match right so I have to go the opposite for that particular combination of pieces. But yeah, there are many things that are clearly made of metal and have a sheen to them then you dye it and it looks flat which doesn't make much sense.