The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

craglorn and cyridell flickering/artifacting assets--- old bug --- needs forum mod attention

• rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (PC/EU) Seems that the flickering is slowly getting worse everywhere with each update. Still far from being as bad as in Craglorn / Cryodiil but feels going to get there eventually.

Something is clearly wrong. How about assigning some dev at it before your game melts?
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox na. What started in only craglorn has now spread to coldharbour and occasionally other zones. Will someone please look into this.
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    DRTE wrote: »
    Well i'm glad someone else is addressing this i thought it was my gpu crapping out lol.

Same here....and I just bought a new PC with a 2070 graphics card. Was having minor heart issues thinking my card was overheating/dying.
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Note: Been seeing this in Cyrodil and some trials (probably the craglorn ones).
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having the same issue, previous PC had it, my new one also.

Other newer and more graphicly heavy games have been running with no issues or glitches.

Running a 1080 TI with an asus 144Hz gaming monitor running freesync if that helps.
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    DDemon wrote: »
    Having the same issue, previous PC had it, my new one also.

Other newer and more graphicly heavy games have been running with no issues or glitches.

Running a 1080 TI with an asus 144Hz gaming monitor running freesync if that helps.

No need to worry about your PC's harware. It's the same issue on ALL consoles. PS4, XBox One, as well. ;)
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like many issues, ZOS is well aware of it. They also know how to mitigate it, but won't.

This, and many other client issues, is being caused by the continuous influx of new art assets via crafting/outfit styles, mounts, vanity pets, accessories, etc..

This is also why other bugs aren't addressed. Their engineers are constantly focused on increasing the number of items the game can handle. They do improve the client, but whatever gains are made are quickly erased by again adding more content than the client can comfortably handle.

Basically, they are sacrificing performance and stability so they can sell us more things.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally came on here to repot this

Platform Xbox EU
    Seems to mainly happen in Craglorn and it’s particularly present whilst fishing but basically whole bits of the world flash black for a second

I’ve seen it briefly in greenshade too but it’s mainly Craglorn

Looking at the forum and my previous report about a quest being bugged which was fixed in 2016 I wonder if they’ve got a version issue of their software release
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • Maxell_DGM
    Still an issue, Craglorn should come with an epilepsy warning tbh...
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading the patch notes of the forthcoming chapter. I didn't see anything mentioning about fixing this issue. I hope this fix come implicit with the next patch, in other case, this will be absolutely sloth from the devs.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    I was reading the patch notes of the forthcoming chapter. I didn't see anything mentioning about fixing this issue. I hope this fix come implicit with the next patch, in other case, this will be absolutely sloth from the devs.
    Fixing the issue? They've never even mentioned it, or confirmed that it exists. :(
    Flickering in Bangkorai at Mournoth Dolmen, yesterday for me.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the same graphical issues in Craglorn and I'm on Xbox.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the same graphical issues in Craglorn and I'm on Xbox.

Yup I Even videoed it for them

• DumdogsWorld
    Has this bug been fixed yet? I left the game and decided to not come back until it was fixed.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the video from the other thread - the answer to your question is “no”

https://youtu.be/XKfKDqwmTNc
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not acknowledged?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_BillE

Can someone please acknowledge this problem and let us know if a fix is in the works or not?

It's difficult to spend very much time in Craglorn because the flickering is annoying at best, and migraine-inducing at worst.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • DumdogsWorld
    Well, I decided to have my account terminated. Why should I play ESO when I can play MMOs that are made by developers who know how to fix bugs?
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Like many issues, ZOS is well aware of it. They also know how to mitigate it, but won't.

This, and many other client issues, is being caused by the continuous influx of new art assets via crafting/outfit styles, mounts, vanity pets, accessories, etc..

This is also why other bugs aren't addressed. Their engineers are constantly focused on increasing the number of items the game can handle. They do improve the client, but whatever gains are made are quickly erased by again adding more content than the client can comfortably handle.

Basically, they are sacrificing performance and stability so they can sell us more things.

Have they acknowledged this
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • LartenCrepsley
    LartenCrepsley
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping this, had this issue in craglorn again today. any1 know if its been fixed yet on the ptr version for the new addon? would be nice.... at this point i am avoiding craglorn and cryidel majority of the time bc i dont want whatever this flickering is to do posible damage to my hardware-which nvidia said it might when i emailed them about this bug and it posibly being a driver issue, which they said it wasnt after looking into it.

hopefully its fixed soon, kinda hard to support a mmo if even the devs dont take the time to fix bugs that pop up, which is what your subscription is supposed to pay them for... the least they can do is acknowledge it or tell us why it hasnt been fixed yet
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • HerrPulaRau
    HerrPulaRau
    ✭✭✭
    6 months later... same problem
  • RandomSilliness
    RandomSilliness
    ✭✭✭
    Add me to the list of those increasingly affected; hoping for a resolution.

Glad I found this thread. I hadn't seen this issue in any other app/game, but was almost sure that a too-warm GPU was the cause. Good to see that someone with this issue already tried underclocking, and also many other would-be remedies that would have cost me $$$ to end up back where I started.
This discussion has been closed.