Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 21, 3:00AM EDT (07:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 23, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 23, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The problem with faction lock for the veteran PvP players

  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s a thought, how about we try it out for a month and if it doesn’t work we can always go back... that beats whining about something that’s changed before *grin*.
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    So what exactly is the point of emping over and over and over again? is it just the ap farm? I personally think the Emp should be the person with the most keep takes not the most AP... at least that would reflect an actual emperor leading his faction in war
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what exactly is the point of emping over and over and over again? is it just the ap farm? I personally think the Emp should be the person with the most keep takes not the most AP... at least that would reflect an actual emperor leading his faction in war

    No , should just add more leaderboards for offense, defense and scrolls with their own rewards.
    Ebonheart Pact: Templar - Overlord - Knight Paladin Tiberium Aka The Golden Saint

  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭
    I have been saying for a while now they should add leaderboards for successful scroll carries by player per campaign but it's easier said than done.
    Ahtu, Former Emperor
    Argonian Warden
    CP 810 EP AR 50
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »
    so just plan your characters, who and where you main, its easy

    Planning will not change the fact that faction locks, if they go live, will restrict options in playing together with different groups of friends and will restrict the options of going where we can find good fights even more. They will be enormously frustrating for many of the people who currently play on a daily basis.

    PC NA ∙ PC EU

    Flame ∙ Tyr (PvP)
    Alith Legion (PvE)
    Filthy Faction Hoppers (faction hopping)

    'My only complaint about ball groups is that there isn't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's important to understand that the devs have made it pretty clear by their actions that they hope the veteran pvp players will just go away.

    The things they do make a lot more sense when you understand that you aren't really their customer and they don't care about what you want.
    Edited by pzschrek on April 26, 2019 7:12PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    I think it's important to understand that the devs have made it pretty clear by their actions that they hope the veteran pvp players will just go away.

    The things they do make a lot more sense when you understand that you aren't really their customer and they don't care about what you want.

    They want us out of their game, we are a stone that annoys their progress and economy system, all they just want is casual and tryhard pvers in instances doing all achievements and draining the crown store
    Edited by HaroniNDeorum on April 28, 2019 4:13PM
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @HaroniNDeorum it certainly seems that way sometimes
    DC NA - Norri (formerly Noriku) - Khole
    DC NA - Ginger Gaspode (sorc stuff)
    AD NA - Mahdis (sometimes sorc stuff)
    AD NA - Dee Tix (heals for hire)
    EP NA - Norr'i (heals for hire) - Flame/Vanguard/solo potato
    EP NA - Boot'Lizard (does warden things)
    AD NA - Here for the Tick (elf fail bomber)
    DC NA - Boot Lizard (just here to meatbag plebs)
    EP NA - Sorc in a Bottle (negates stuff)
    EP NA - Hashtag Blessed (throws flowers on things)
    AD NA- Windowless Van (reasons)

    ** I have too many toons **
    RIP every alt I deleted
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday:

    G3tC5gP.png

    ZGSJjmY.png
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Yesterday:

    G3tC5gP.png

    ZGSJjmY.png

    Maybe someone wanted to clear inventory?

    What are we supposed to be looking at?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The implementation is not very good. I’d have no issue if there was an unlocked noCP campaign, 7 day or no. But that I should be forced to play either CP PvP or IC with all my alts is pure BS.
    Main characters:
    Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 41 - Stormproof (PC EU)
    Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)

    Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial Necromancer (lvl 8)
    Fearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)
    Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)
    Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDK
    Valirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBlade
    Turuna - AD Altmer magBlade
    Kheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDK
    Kibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - Stormproof
    Yavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWarden
    Azog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWarden
    Vidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDK
    Marquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - Stormproof
    Rawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWarden
    Tu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar

    All chars 50 @ CP 1000+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on Bahlokdaan PC EU.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Yesterday:

    G3tC5gP.png

    ZGSJjmY.png

    Maybe someone wanted to clear inventory?

    What are we supposed to be looking at?

    PC must be way more honorable than console @Joy_Division ... somebody on DC hopped on an AD character and put up the max number of camps so that AD couldn't put any up at keeps that were being attacked. EP did the same thing about an hour later. Used to happen pretty regularly, haven't noticed it recently until yesterday.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Yesterday:

    G3tC5gP.png

    ZGSJjmY.png

    Maybe someone wanted to clear inventory?

    What are we supposed to be looking at?

    PC must be way more honorable than console @Joy_Division ... somebody on DC hopped on an AD character and put up the max number of camps so that AD couldn't put any up at keeps that were being attacked. EP did the same thing about an hour later. Used to happen pretty regularly, haven't noticed it recently until yesterday.

    True story. A "hardcore faction loyalist" EP who plays on NA- PC once spent a night dropping 60 forward camps because he wanted to sabotage this other "hardcore faction loyalist" EP player who was emperor.

    I know it's totally unbelievable that such die-hard faction loyalists would allow their own personal pettiness to mar the good of the faction because it's only bandwagon faction-hopper AP boosting exploiters that do such things, but it did in fact happen.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 30, 2019 4:03PM
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    somebody on DC hopped on an AD character and put up the max number of camps so that AD couldn't put any up at keeps that were being attacked. EP did the same thing about an hour later. Used to happen pretty regularly, haven't noticed it recently until yesterday.
    Thanks for explaining the picture... if that doesn't obliterate the anti-faction lock argument, then those people clearly won't ever get it.

    Wouldn't it just point to the fact that there need to be better checks to prevent griefing, instead of just locking people into playing only X faction on Y campaign?

    RIP to anyone who likes no CP and has characters on multiple factions a la One Tamriel.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

    @Glorious since I have too many characters to list

    Ádamant

    Strongly against Faction Lock
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Wouldn't it just point to the fact that there need to be better checks to prevent griefing, instead of just locking people into playing only X faction on Y campaign?
    That's a good thought, but because there are so many ways in which this is a detriment, but only one single way in which it is a benefit, banning it outright is the better approach.
    RIP to anyone who likes no CP and has characters on multiple factions a la One Tamriel.
    Sorry, no time to rest. That describes me perfectly, and I will be too busy playing to rest.

    Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on April 30, 2019 7:21PM
    Lethal zergling
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ks888 wrote: »
    It is possible to play for the side you're on at the time.

    It's pretty clear a lot of players don't have the mental flexibility to be able to understand this.

  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    ks888 wrote: »
    It is possible to play for the side you're on at the time.

    It's pretty clear a lot of players don't have the mental flexibility to be able to understand this.

    No we have the mental flexibility to understand that there are no sides when everyone plays for all of them.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    ks888 wrote: »
    It is possible to play for the side you're on at the time.

    It's pretty clear a lot of players don't have the mental flexibility to be able to understand this.

    No we have the mental flexibility to understand that there are no sides when everyone plays for all of them.

    LOL, no. That's not what it means, it means my reds can play for red, my blues can play for blue, without cheating/trolling/sabotaging. My characters have sides (and fight furiously for them).

    Maybe it would help if I said it's kind of like how I can play a female character despite not being in possession of any female body parts myself.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    LOL, no. That's not what it means, it means my reds can play for red, my blues can play for blue, without cheating/trolling/sabotaging. My characters have sides (and fight furiously for them)
    They CAN, but they DON'T. This is the problem: when your reds play for red, and your blues play for red, and your yellows play for red. This is why faction lock needs to exist. Some people are ruining it for the rest of you.

    Lethal zergling
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    ks888 wrote: »
    It is possible to play for the side you're on at the time.

    It's pretty clear a lot of players don't have the mental flexibility to be able to understand this.

    No we have the mental flexibility to understand that there are no sides when everyone plays for all of them.

    LOL, no. That's not what it means, it means my reds can play for red, my blues can play for blue, without cheating/trolling/sabotaging. My characters have sides (and fight furiously for them).

    Maybe it would help if I said it's kind of like how I can play a female character despite not being in possession of any female body parts myself.

    No, people who swap factions don't fight for any sides they fight for themselves, its all about them and they don't care who wins because they always win on one character or another, regardless of their anatomical make up. When you fight furiously for a faction, and 5 minutes later fight furiously against them, your not really fighting for them at all, its just for you and your close knit group of other furiously fighting faction swappers.

    Everything isn’t so black and white. People can have multiple reasons to play for other factions. Just because they don’t coincide with your faction loyalist mindset doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

    Spot on, AND just because you don't cheat when you faction hop doesn't mean cheating is not possible..

    Both sides of this debate are right, and wrong. It's not black and white as you say - hence ZOS nailing it by giving choice.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus - VR16 (810CP) Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-02-18 - 16-02-18 & Sheogorath 02-05-19 - 07-05-19
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus - Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus - Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

    Fighting for : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Lunar Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | TradersOfNirn2
    Trials : Saviours

    Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus - L40 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets - CP160+ Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    [
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    ks888 wrote: »
    It is possible to play for the side you're on at the time.

    It's pretty clear a lot of players don't have the mental flexibility to be able to understand this.

    No we have the mental flexibility to understand that there are no sides when everyone plays for all of them.

    LOL, no. That's not what it means, it means my reds can play for red, my blues can play for blue, without cheating/trolling/sabotaging. My characters have sides (and fight furiously for them).

    Maybe it would help if I said it's kind of like how I can play a female character despite not being in possession of any female body parts myself.

    No, people who swap factions don't fight for any sides they fight for themselves, its all about them and they don't care who wins because they always win on one character or another, regardless of their anatomical make up. When you fight furiously for a faction, and 5 minutes later fight furiously against them, your not really fighting for them at all, its just for you and your close knit group of other furiously fighting faction swappers.

    Everything isn’t so black and white. People can have multiple reasons to play for other factions. Just because they don’t coincide with your faction loyalist mindset doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

    Spot on, AND just because you don't cheat when you faction hop doesn't mean cheating is not possible..

    Both sides of this debate are right, and wrong. It's not black and white as you say - hence ZOS nailing it by giving choice.

    Honestly though the cheating is few and far between in my experiences on both ps4 and pc after having played the game for 5 years. For instance I dunked a scroll like 5 months ago, a faction loyal guild still hasn’t forgot.

    I would say people remember the occurrence and won’t let it go for longer. No matter what. Sad part is the camp had 3 days left and said faction was behind 20k points or so rendering the scroll useless as they were mathematically not going to overcome the deficit.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    For instance I dunked a scroll like 5 months ago, a faction loyal guild still hasn’t forgot.
    Poster-boy for faction lock.

    Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    For instance I dunked a scroll like 5 months ago, a faction loyal guild still hasn’t forgot.
    Poster-boy for faction lock.
    I main the said faction so not really. I’m just proof that faction locks don’t matter.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    [
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    ks888 wrote: »
    It is possible to play for the side you're on at the time.

    It's pretty clear a lot of players don't have the mental flexibility to be able to understand this.

    No we have the mental flexibility to understand that there are no sides when everyone plays for all of them.

    LOL, no. That's not what it means, it means my reds can play for red, my blues can play for blue, without cheating/trolling/sabotaging. My characters have sides (and fight furiously for them).

    Maybe it would help if I said it's kind of like how I can play a female character despite not being in possession of any female body parts myself.

    No, people who swap factions don't fight for any sides they fight for themselves, its all about them and they don't care who wins because they always win on one character or another, regardless of their anatomical make up. When you fight furiously for a faction, and 5 minutes later fight furiously against them, your not really fighting for them at all, its just for you and your close knit group of other furiously fighting faction swappers.

    Everything isn’t so black and white. People can have multiple reasons to play for other factions. Just because they don’t coincide with your faction loyalist mindset doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

    Spot on, AND just because you don't cheat when you faction hop doesn't mean cheating is not possible..

    Both sides of this debate are right, and wrong. It's not black and white as you say - hence ZOS nailing it by giving choice.

    Honestly though the cheating is few and far between in my experiences on both ps4 and pc after having played the game for 5 years. For instance I dunked a scroll like 5 months ago, a faction loyal guild still hasn’t forgot.

    I would say people remember the occurrence and won’t let it go for longer. No matter what. Sad part is the camp had 3 days left and said faction was behind 20k points or so rendering the scroll useless as they were mathematically not going to overcome the deficit.

    almost every day multiple times a day is few and far between? Good, good. Now we know that daily cheating is rare cheating. Good to know.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    [
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    ks888 wrote: »
    It is possible to play for the side you're on at the time.

    It's pretty clear a lot of players don't have the mental flexibility to be able to understand this.

    No we have the mental flexibility to understand that there are no sides when everyone plays for all of them.

    LOL, no. That's not what it means, it means my reds can play for red, my blues can play for blue, without cheating/trolling/sabotaging. My characters have sides (and fight furiously for them).

    Maybe it would help if I said it's kind of like how I can play a female character despite not being in possession of any female body parts myself.

    No, people who swap factions don't fight for any sides they fight for themselves, its all about them and they don't care who wins because they always win on one character or another, regardless of their anatomical make up. When you fight furiously for a faction, and 5 minutes later fight furiously against them, your not really fighting for them at all, its just for you and your close knit group of other furiously fighting faction swappers.

    Everything isn’t so black and white. People can have multiple reasons to play for other factions. Just because they don’t coincide with your faction loyalist mindset doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

    Spot on, AND just because you don't cheat when you faction hop doesn't mean cheating is not possible..

    Both sides of this debate are right, and wrong. It's not black and white as you say - hence ZOS nailing it by giving choice.

    Honestly though the cheating is few and far between in my experiences on both ps4 and pc after having played the game for 5 years. For instance I dunked a scroll like 5 months ago, a faction loyal guild still hasn’t forgot.

    I would say people remember the occurrence and won’t let it go for longer. No matter what. Sad part is the camp had 3 days left and said faction was behind 20k points or so rendering the scroll useless as they were mathematically not going to overcome the deficit.

    almost every day multiple times a day is few and far between? Good, good. Now we know that daily cheating is rare cheating. Good to know.

    It’s not as rampant as your hyperbole makes it appear. So please just stop.
  • Augustus67
    Maybe instead of faction lock,make it so you can only ever be Emperor once,per account ,regardless of faction.
Sign In or Register to comment.