Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How would you improve Anniversary event next year?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What do want to see in future? What did you enjoy most this event?
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More pve to pvp events for farming.
  • thedovahmon
    thedovahmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the entire anniversary to be like Week 5 so we don't get a repeat of this week.
    "Voted most likely to reply with a reaction image. According to the Mournhold High School Yearbook."
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    More pve to pvp events for farming.

I think it should be more even. At least 2 weeks of pvp events since just about every event in the game makes people do pve things.
    Edited by Kidgangster101 on April 23, 2019 6:54PM
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leave out the pvp week. I actually pvp. Pve events in pvp are terrible.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having every week like me week 5 would spread it out so the bad PvP players might stop camping inside quest buildings and go back to fighting the good PvP players. It might cut down on next week being nFG1 week.it might reduce overcrowding on dungeon bosses. Overall, it would improve the event.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have PvP and PvE events run at the same time so people could choose which to do and not feel they were forced into PvPing or PvEing. Hopefully that would squash some of the complaints. Probably not though. We'd still find something to moan about :lol:
    PC EU & NA
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fixed group finder. guess it will be dead next week. direct port will be the only way to get into instance so there will be no bgs for me.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pve campain for cyrodiil
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see changes to all events. I'd change up the current events with new rewards while keeping older ones around. New holiday quests/stories, new holiday themed bosses, etc. Unique rewards that change every year occasionally coming back for people who missed them. Instead of creating new events just update the current ones to give us something new and exciting to look forward to. Personally I am sick of the same exact quests/WB farming that we get every time with new life and witches festival.

More specific to the anniversary would be changing it so any daily counts again like it was last year.
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on April 23, 2019 7:15PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evolving a chamber pot furnishing each time you use the cake.
    Final form is a spacious outhouse shaped like White-Gold Tower with dehumidifying scented misters and a selection of lowbrow humor books from across Tamriel.
    signing off
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and boxes for fishing....
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt I would change much

Vouchers were plentiful and only took moments to collect, the actual events had plenty of variety and earning the styles not difficult.

The only changes would be better drop rates on worm cult ( pages seen so far == 0 ) and if the rumours are right then change the last week so any box can offer any style. That way it brings the event to an end on a high.
    EU PS4
  • kratier
    kratier
    ✭✭✭✭
    i dont think the devs are capable of any legitimate effort towards events, they are very lazy, they would rather charge 20 dollars for us to be able to do a competent event

if you need good examples of whats a MMO event, look at other mmos.

it really isnt difficult, as all the other mmos do it

ESO's strong point is voice acting, story telling, lore, etc. the anniversary events should be landmarks in story to prompt whats to come, a simple story quest, simple reward is all they needed

what we have here, is like the worst kind of lazy
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I doubt I would change much

Vouchers were plentiful and only took moments to collect, the actual events had plenty of variety and earning the styles not difficult.

The only changes would be better drop rates on worm cult ( pages seen so far == 0 ) and if the rumours are right then change the last week so any box can offer any style. That way it brings the event to an end on a high.

Yeah I find it weird that they lowered the rate so much. Last year I had every style page just from doing the crafting dailies during that week. This year its been 3 weeks and still only 1 page
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the boat of 'week 5 but the whole event' because screw this crap of 'this week is for XYZ group of players' because it just HURTS those players more than anything else.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say make it shorter (2 weeks seems right to me). Fewer ways to earn way better rewards. Reward boxes don't feel like a reward if they have 1 transmute crystal and bait.

Maybe a tiered reward system. Crafting and delve level bosses get you a blue box, dungeon and world bosses get you a purple box, trials and actual pvp missions get you a gold box.

Blue boxes have blue rewards with a small chance at something better. Purple boxes have purple rewards with a medium chance at something better. Gold boxes have one gold reward with a decent chance to get an additional gold reward.

People could then choose how much time and effort to put into chasing what they want.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I preferred it when all the dailies counted.

Yes, loads of PVEers still complained about having to PVP in towns if they wanted to get as any quests doing as quickly as possible last year.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's been pretty good overall. There's just a few things I've noticed that may have been unintended and/or bugs:
    • Single-item anniversary boxes. I have opened a few boxes that had only one item in them. I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to happen. Something needs to be reconfigured on the drop tables for next year.
    • Worm Cult drop rate. The drop rate on these was not great last year, but it does seem to have been reduced for this year. This is worth looking into since the only way to obtain this motif is during this event.

A few other constructive suggestions:
    • Adjust drop rates for more time-consuming activities. In previous years, any dailies would grant boxes. With themed weeks, we run into the issue of different weekly activities being more (or less) time demanding. Weeks with more time demanding activities should get a bump up for rarer drops, especially the event-specific style pages. This is to keep the relative abundance of these items throughout the different weeks equalized.
    • Adjust drop rates for more daily-limited activities. In the same spirit, themed weeks also put more limits on how many dailies a person can run for each week of activity. For weeks that more strictly limit how many dailies are possible on a character, those should get a bump for rarer drops too on those event-specific style pages. The worst offender here will be Week 4, where the dailies are both very limited and very time demanding.
    • Make Week 3 truly PvP. If the intent for week 3 was to have it be PvP focused, PvE dailies in Cyrodiil should not be granting boxes. Instead, boxes should be granted by completing any PvP daily and any PvP repeatable quest. This way, the week is truly themed around PvP instead of this awkward situation we have now with most folks just wanting to do boxes from PvE quests and PvP players ruining things for folks.

And some more radical suggestions:
    • Create a special anniversary-only PvE Cyrodiil and Imperial City. There have been a lot of requests for PvE instances of these areas. If Week 3 is made pure PvP, this would provide another way players could do what are really PvE focused dailies in those zones. Completing them will not grant AP, players will not be able to earn tel-var, but no PvP will be possible in these special time-limited zones. Seriously... I would be all over this. So would many others.
    • Expand Week 4 to include group activities. This may not be possible to program, but what if you could be granted boxes by doing any daily quest while in a group? What if there was some way to celebrate players interacting with each other and being prosocial? I don't know what this would really look like, if I'm honest, but it's something to think about.
    • Return of the Game Masters. What would be really, really cool is if the Zenimax staff team came into the game with us to celebrate and hosted interesting events. Maybe at such and such time, folks who ported to a location could participate in a live fashion show judged by actual game devs and employees? Maybe they run a bot-hunting event so we can see bots die in real time for once? So many possibilities for some more dev-player interaction that could be a lot of fun!
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah just week 5 for the future, like it was before.

About PVP events, I think that even "PVEers" enjoyed Midyear Mayhem (I did). The problem is when you try to mix PVE and PVP and create a ganker toxic fest in the quest area. That's an aberration for most players, it only caters to ill mannerism.
    Edited by Loves_guars on April 23, 2019 8:02PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not have one
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us choose which type of event we want to do!
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this is really a question that needs asking; next year the Jubilee will likely go back to being a two-week event where any repeatable daily/weekly counts towards the Jubilee boxes, like the event always has been. We won't be seeing five-week long Jubilees after this, considering the only reason it's even five weeks this year is because ESO turned five.
    Edited by Arunei on April 23, 2019 8:36PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    more motif drops
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Create a unique storyline that players can only access during the anniversary event.
    It would make the world feel more alive
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 weeks with boxes only in cyrodiil :D
  • SpringEternal
    SpringEternal
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah just week 5 for the future, like it was before.

About PVP events, I think that even "PVEers" enjoyed Midyear Mayhem (I did). The problem is when you try to mix PVE and PVP and create a ganker toxic fest in the quest area. That's an aberration for most players, it only caters to ill mannerism.

Agreed. I like that some events, like Midyear Mayhem, encourage me to mix things up with parts of the game I don't often play. But for the anniversary, I'd prefer to be able to celebrate the things that I enjoy most. All the divisiveness drags the event down.

It's also a bit of a let down to open several reward boxes in a row with things like ichor and ta runes. It'd be great if even the boxes without motifs felt more worthwhile to collect.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just let it be like week 5 so everyone can do what they want.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Terfin
    Terfin
    ✭✭
    Reduce Barasatii's spawn time to 5 minutes. Waiting a quarter hour for her to spawn is just painful.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the entire anniversary to be like Week 5 so we don't get a repeat of this week.

This. So much this.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    I don't think this is really a question that needs asking; next year the Jubilee will likely go back to being a two-week event where any repeatable daily/weekly counts towards the Jubilee boxes, like the event always has been. We won't be seeing five-week long Jubilees after this, considering the only reason it's even five weeks this year is because ESO turned five.

Next year will be six weeks... 😃
    "Get off my lawn!"