The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please fix the Onslaught ultimate

LordTareq
LordTareq
✭✭✭✭✭
"Killing an enemy with this ability immediately refunds the Ultimate cost."

Currently, this morph of Berserk Strike (2 handed weapon ultimate) does not work correctly with damage enchants on your weapon. The issue is this: if the damage enchant procs on the ultimate (since its a weapon ability it procs enchants), the ultimate cost of the ultimate is not refunded even if the Onslaught damage would have been enought to kill the target. It's very annoying, making a morph bonus which is already hard to pull off considering it doesn't always do enough damage to kill the target, plus the target can dodge or block it, even less reliable.
Would seem like something that is easy to fix?
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider using berserker enchantments, or not opening with Onslaught. Seems fine to me...
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happens with the shatter soul morph of soul strike... if the ult itself doesn’t land the kb due to enchants, delayed effects, or enemy/ally kill steals then the explosion effect does not occur... these abilities should be given a kill window of 1-2s for ult return and explosion respectively instead of requiring the damage of the ults themselves to land the kb... the unreliability of these secondary effects due to the kb damage restriction is one of the reasons why these morphs are so unpopular
    Edited by _Ahala_ on April 23, 2019 7:24PM
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider using berserker enchantments, or not opening with Onslaught. Seems fine to me...

Yes we can use workarounds, but obviously it would be better if it just worked correctly.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Same thing happens with the shatter soul morph of soul strike... if the ult itself doesn’t land the kb due to enchants, delayed effects, or enemy/ally kill steals then the explosion effect does not occur... these abilities should be given a kill window of 1-2s for ult return and explosion respectively instead of requiring the damage of the ults themselves to land the kb... the unreliability of these secondary effects due to the kb damage restriction is one of the reasons why these morphs are so unpopular

While I agree with you 100%, the situation with Shatter Soul is a bit different as it has several separate damage ticks, which means something doing damage in between the ticks can kill the target. It's not ideal but mechanically speaking sort of makes sense.
    However Onslaught is 1 big hit.
    When I hit something with 10.000 health with Onslaught for 12.000 damage, killing it instantly, it makes no sense that my damage enchant proccing somehow steals the kill and prevents the ultimate return.