The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master Writs : A Year In Review

Recremen
Recremen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So last year I made it my goal to get every attuneable crafting station available, and this past Sunday I finally completed the goal, sort of! I now have every attuneable blacksmith, clothier, and woodworking station, all on my own dime and with my own effort. I still need 11,750 writ vouchers to get the jewelrycrafting stations, of course, but that should only be about 6-8 weeks away at this point, and they didn't come out until after I started the project, so in my book I am technically victorious. Then when Elseweyr comes out with its three new sets, I'm anticipating to be actually and fully caught up by late July, or perhaps early August.

Let me tell you though, this endeavor has been a giant pain in the ass. All writs on 15 characters a day, for an entire year, just to fuel the master writ generation. Fortunately, I still make enough profit from the regular writs in general to fuel the master writs themselves, but talk about a grind! Even on PC with the lazy writ crafter addon, it still takes up to an hour a day between loading screens and such to get it all done. Is this normal? Is this the kind of grind players are expected to be putting in? Honestly, it seems a bit much to me.
Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster

Master Writs : A Year In Review 89 votes

Wow what a neat idea I should try this!
11%
calitrumanb14_ESOChickensteinEnemy-of-ColdharbourParrot1986MyNameIsEliasdogmanZenatheiaDosuulHotdog_23MartiniDaniels 10 votes
Literally why would anyone ever do this?
43%
bulbousb16_ESOpurple-magicb16_ESOUntrustedExistenzAndyMacSilverwillowfeyiiWildWilburNovaMarxRi_KhantwevBouldercleaveabigfishyInvictusApolloMettaricanaCillion3117ApheriusSteelshivNecrus011SpiderKnightKarivaa 39 votes
What a chump, crafting stations are for large trade guilds.
21%
PinesyDaveMoeDeeTonnopescestatic_rechargeZunaRoathEdziuswifty3174RecremenZenzukiSmitch_59Darth_TrumpiousRunefangWise_WillphwaapNulamiKryserteejkapowrei91Blinkin8r 19 votes
Can someone give me one Nightshade?
23%
DarcyMardinDTStormfoxfioskaldaemoniosAlnilamELarianaralphylaurenIlCanis_LupuslIbarney2525morrowjensp_korshunsimoxChickenSuckerPanzanellaPrayingSeraphfierackasBlackStormXJamelielMichaeGaladius 21 votes
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Is this normal? Is this the kind of grind players are expected to be putting in? Honestly, it seems a bit much to me.

Grats on the achievement, but no this is not normal.

A normal player will not need or want ALL of the crafting stations (only a handful are worth having anyway).

A normal player will not have 15 fully leveled crafters AND be willing to grind them every day for over a year.

I don't believe that ZoS "expects" people to do this and in fact you are the only one that has mentioned doing it solo as far as I have seen.

• Ahlteffour
    Ahlteffour
    ✭✭✭
    PLEASE TAKE SCREENSHOTS!

I am imaging crafting heaven, it must be your place. :D
    "Anyone can identify a problem. It takes hard work, dedication, patience and understanding to be a positive part of the solution"
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not even willing to do Writs daily on my grand master crafter. So I applaud you in your endeavor, but say no thank you in dreaming of doing the same

P.S 🤓 You could now sell slots on your friendlist with your house to the guildless.
    Edited by Tasear on April 23, 2019 6:36PM
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, i decided to go get all the crafting stations but copped out and just bought them rather than try and do writs for them. Cost just over 30m but only took 2 months, not sure i could have done it your way.

Well done of the commitment!
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats - that’s a hell of a grind you’ve completed there - I thought getting all motifs for my crafter was grindy - but that’s some serious next level stuff.

That said, this is the other reason I join trade guilds - they have the gold and the motive to do the whole “All crafting stations in our guild house” thing.

A room full of attunables is very handy - but there’s no way I’d get one of my own.

GJ though.
    Edited by AndyMac on April 23, 2019 9:46PM
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every furniture in the game should have equivalent in vouchers. For example 1000 vouchers for mundus stone or statue like recent Meridia's etc.. as for now vouchers are dead weight after you earn more then 2k of them. So probably attuned craft stations is only way of crafting end-game.. though I am terrified by amount of grind required.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahlteffour wrote: »
    PLEASE TAKE SCREENSHOTS!

@Ahlteffour

Oh lol, no, it is a hellscape right now because I've just been storing a ton of stuff in my Coldharbour Surreal Estate, and haven't properly set everything up yet. That said, this is a very rough-draft look at the general layout it will have when all is said and done.

cA5aDq2.png

Once I get the jewelry stations I'll be doing a proper build, making it look like a grand and elaborate haven for artisans, but for now this is just the bare-bones rough sketch of where the attuneable stations will actually sit. They're already organized alphabetically, and I'll be putting up the necessary lettering once everything is accounted for so that they you can find your station as you run towards it.
    Edited by Recremen on April 23, 2019 11:09PM
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats on your stamina and intestinal fortitude! I wish I had a little of it. There is absolutely nothing I want that much in any facet of this existence. If I'd done what you have, I'd uninstall the game, pave over my hard drive with a little Boot & Nuke, then switch to FreeBSD or something so I'd never be tempted to touch ESO again :D
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, grats on the (almost done) grind. But I'm perfectly happy to travel around to where the sets actually live.... I do writs on 25 toons (currently - will of course be more eventually) though with all this event stuff I'm tending to miss out a few. I do it for the gold - and I'm quite fine with buying Master Writs for my one CP toon who has 50 crafting in everything. She averages one MW a week, and some weeks that's enough - but right now, with double XP, I've been buying cheap ones that she knows the stuff for (shields, cuirasses) while she's spending MONTHS researching the remaining traits. It's really a crap way to get her to CP 160, but then again, doing it the "normal" way is just plain unworkable with 2k ms+ ping....
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extraodinary effort. Much kudos to you. ;)
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my guilds has with all of the crafting tables. It's convenient and I'm grateful someone - or someones - did it. I applaud your madness. I'd never attempt to even consider such madness myself, though.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I totally get the impulse to do this.
    But I also know I’d never have the will to grind it every day. I’d never finish so I’m not gonna start.
    But you have my respect.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on getting it done!

Personally, we are doing this in our guild and I feel this is the kind of thing that works better as a group effort.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GJ! Im doing this too, painful AF! But yet it gives me a reason to log in, always need a goal or some kind of progress xD
  • sp_korshun
    sp_korshun
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, man, it was just a year with 15 chars doing crafting writs, seems like nothing special for old players in this game. And after Elsweyr there would be even more chars, so if it's too hard for you - good luck.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congratulations on this achievement.

I too am working on this same goal but nowhere near your level yet. Currently have the sets in Cyrodill and 16000 writs in the bank and probably a 100 master writs to do in the bank. Not really sure why I am doing it because I am in 3 guilds that have all the stations. Since I have access to the stations I am in no way pushing to get it done, really just slowly letting the writs build up. Wish I could do 15 characters in an hour but console stinks for this. Generally get bored after 30-45 minutes after having done only 4-5 toons at best. It would take over 2 hours to do them on console.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whatever rocks your boat buddy =). I barely have time to play the game, not to mention grind writs on 15 characters for a year. After doing all that you must be filthy rich! Can you spare some gold for this poor old beggar? ;)
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the effort.

But this is exactly why I paid my guild 1m for a lifetime membership.

All the trading I want and all attunables available whenever I need.
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like any of the options

There is certainly nothing Wrong with what you did. You set a goal. You knew what it was going to take. And quite frankly, that's a great accomplishment.

You say you spend an hour a day doing writs. That is not that much in MMOs, as far a Farming things goes. Lots of MMOs you have to farm for 2- 4 hours a day or more for gear and whatever.

It seems weird to me that at This point you are saying its too much of a grind. I would understand it 3 or 4 weeks into the project, wondering if it was worth it. But After you came this far?

Now it's too much of a grind?

• VvardeFellow
    VvardeFellow
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the grind, albeit in your case a bigger cake, is there for all crafters. Crafting hasn't changed in years. Add Jewelry, which wasn't different, just the same but with broken parts.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some writs are bugged.
    My epic jewelry lamae ring isn't recognizable as crafted :/
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, some people want to collect things. The OP's goal is to get all the stations - why not? The only condition to be met - this must be fun for one who does it.
    I tried to collect furniture recipes. When Homestead appeared, I said: I want to collect them all! But monthes passed... I was so tired of farming the recipes, trying to make gold, trying to find good prices on recipes... So I gave up. I have else fun things to do.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Welcome to the club :P

I too have obtained all the attunable crafting stations for my own personal house as well for me to do my master writs on (and to share with guild members/friends). I concur that we are not the "normal" when it comes to getting this done, but it does carry a sense of accomplishment.

If entirely focused on the writs, and with good luck on the loading screens I've gotten it down to 35 minutes to do all 15 characters. That being said, I use that hour (on average) of doing writs to wind down after work, to catch up on personal e-mails, news, TV shows on my other monitor.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE TAKE SCREENSHOTS!

@Ahlteffour

Oh lol, no, it is a hellscape right now because I've just been storing a ton of stuff in my Coldharbour Surreal Estate, and haven't properly set everything up yet. That said, this is a very rough-draft look at the general layout it will have when all is said and done.

cA5aDq2.png

Once I get the jewelry stations I'll be doing a proper build, making it look like a grand and elaborate haven for artisans, but for now this is just the bare-bones rough sketch of where the attuneable stations will actually sit. They're already organized alphabetically, and I'll be putting up the necessary lettering once everything is accounted for so that they you can find your station as you run towards it.

I used the Coldharbour estate as well... I have them arranged in a ring around the "flat" area in the middle, which I hedged off so you can run around the circle to find your station. They're all in alphabetical order around. They also run on the "inside" of the ring as well. Inside the center circle, I have all the base stations, along with Transmute station, Banker/Merchant/Fence, my storage boxes, all the busts from trial/dungeon clears, and all 13 mundus stones as well.

Once I started on the path I became quite the completionist about it.... lol
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a member of 3 guild traders that have these in their guild halls. It’s your game, play it how you want to.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE TAKE SCREENSHOTS!

@Ahlteffour

cA5aDq2.png

@Hakai my guild Master has most beautiful design for coldharbor and all stations. He has diagonal lines of stations with Crystal labels up top with labels a-c and such. It's very easy on the eyes to find right station.

Not to mention it has beautiful design with dragon and fitting decor surrounding it.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you think you have it hard? bruh I have a friend who is doing this !@#$ on 3 accounts just for the sake of it and calls it "pleasure"(yes YOU ARE A MASOCHIST >:3) and she enjoys it...so 3 hours/day just writs...master writs...everyone to its own?
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Very admirable and thank you for sharing your accomplishment. :)

I started doing exactly this in January 2019. I wasn't sure if I should and there have been times that I have thought I am crazy to even have started it, since atm I only have six of the attunable sets (with Jewellery tables mind you). But I do have the transmute, enchanting, alchemy and cooking stations so there is that.

I very much applaud your tenacity and you have given me encouragement that I too, one day, will manage to get all the crafting tables for all the crafted sets!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Ahlteffour
    Ahlteffour
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    PLEASE TAKE SCREENSHOTS!

@Ahlteffour

cA5aDq2.png

I used the Coldharbour estate as well... I have them arranged in a ring around the "flat" area in the middle, which I hedged off so you can run around the circle to find your station. They're all in alphabetical order around. They also run on the "inside" of the ring as well. Inside the center circle, I have all the base stations, along with Transmute station, Banker/Merchant/Fence, my storage boxes, all the busts from trial/dungeon clears, and all 13 mundus stones as well.

Once I started on the path I became quite the completionist about it.... lol

No words......Should have sent a poet.

Too cool!
    "Anyone can identify a problem. It takes hard work, dedication, patience and understanding to be a positive part of the solution"
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    I didn't like any of the options

There is certainly nothing Wrong with what you did. You set a goal. You knew what it was going to take. And quite frankly, that's a great accomplishment.

You say you spend an hour a day doing writs. That is not that much in MMOs, as far a Farming things goes. Lots of MMOs you have to farm for 2- 4 hours a day or more for gear and whatever.

It seems weird to me that at This point you are saying its too much of a grind. I would understand it 3 or 4 weeks into the project, wondering if it was worth it. But After you came this far?

Now it's too much of a grind?

It's more the situation that I still consider it worth the grind, but am still able to say that the grind is "too much" because this is a game and nobody is actually gaining anything by me putting in extra work, it's just extra time spent for no reason. They could lower the cost of the stations, for instance, and nobody would be adversely affected in any capacity.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit