Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necro Resurrection ultimate

frostz417
frostz417
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Honestly what was the thought process behind this ultimate. It is way too powerful for how little ultimate it costs.
This will be extremely broken in PvP and pve. Especially cyrodiil and BG’s.
It can already be difficult enough fighting outnumbered. This ultimate will so detrimental to small scale and even in big battles.
Here’s a scenario:
You’re in a 4 man and your group is fighting 10 people, you kill 5 of them slowly after having to outsmart them and burst them down at the right time. Then you’re working on the remaining 5 but suddenly 2 necro’s just resurrect the entire group.... leading to a wipe. God forbid how strong it will be in large scale zerg fights like 20+ vs 20+ Especially since most people are going to make a necromancer...I haven’t even gone into the joke it’ll be in end game trials. Since people are always complaining about how easily content is being completed, this ultimate will just make pve content become more of a joke then ever. Why run a healer when all your necro dps can backbar this ultimate? Why even bother with mechanics when necros can just use this ultimate and skip mechanics in trials?.
This honestly needs to be addressed, because it looks very very unbalanced in the game.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Honestly what was the thought process behind this ultimate. It is way too powerful for how little ultimate it costs.
    It can already be difficult enough fighting outnumbered. This ultimate will so detrimental to small scale and even in big battles.
    Here’s a scenario:
    You’re in a 4 man and your group is fighting 10 people, you kill 5 of them slowly after having to outsmart them and burst them down at the right time. Then you’re working on the remaining 5 but suddenly 2 necro’s just resurrect the entire group.... leading to a wipe. God forbid how strong it will be in large scale zerg fights like 20+ vs 20+ Especially since most people are going to make a necromancer...I haven’t even gone into the joke it’ll be in end game trials. Since people are always complaining about how easily content is being completed, this ultimate will just make pve content become more of a joke then ever. Why run a healer when all your necro dps can backbar this ultimate? Why even bother with mechanics when necros can just use this ultimate and skip mechanics in trials?.
    This honestly needs to be addressed, because it looks very very unbalanced in the game.

Have you actually tested this on the PTS or are these just hypothetical theories based off the current info that we have?

I'm sure that they will be addressing balance issues before it goes live ----

LOL. Sorry, I couldn't even type that with a straight face!

• r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood spawn + eternal yokeda + akaviri dragon gaurd :trollface:
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cant have been around long...
    Zos doesn't give a flying f about player feedback, if its on pts its locked in, chances of them reversing a bad decision are close to zero. They have a very long proven track record of ignoring players and proceeding with bad design choice or hated changes.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretending how something will turn out does not mean it will really turn out that way.

An example. I am fighting 10 (1v10) Templars and I am getting their health down real low, about to finish them off. All of a sudden all 10 Templars hit me with Radiant Glory, healing them up fast and killing me like a one shot.

Does that mean Radiant Glory is OP and I should create a thread calling for a nerf? No. And mostly because it is fake like the example in the OP.
    '
    Now, the problematic aspect is nothing in PvP can actually be tested but Zos has gotten some feedback during play testing from some who do actually PvP.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Here’s a scenario:

Have you actually tested this on the PTS or are these just hypothetical theories based off the current info that we have?

I'm sure that they will be addressing balance issues before it goes live ----

You’re likely right, though, @Bouldercleave.

Forum-goers who specialize in armchair combat mechanics discussions tend to post their shooting-from-the-hip speculations in General Discussion ... and not where the real feedback is needed in the PTS forums. That’s assuming they’ve done real PTS testing of course ... ;)

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 23, 2019 5:17PM
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so before i read this yet another game destroying nerf thread to sour my mood, i Just want to say the class is not out yet, so nothing is set in stone, relax.

And im also confused to why u think this skill is so OP, i mean how much faster is it then a templar wearing kagrenac,? U have to remember that this skill is expensive af also, okay.

And third, i can see this could become an issue for some, in small scale and 1vsX scenarios but u know what, its pvp u are going to die all the time, and if your enemies gets rezzed all the time, good for u, more kills is more ap. If they were such good players they wouldnt need to all of a sudden instarezz each other over and over.. Kill the Necro first problem solved lol

EDIT: besides, this ulti is butterflies compared to earthgore stacking grps who Never die..
    Edited by Karmanorway on April 23, 2019 5:39PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    .5 second revives from tanky res bots wearing Kags could do the same while using a useful ult like nova or remembrance.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol and its bursty too can’t wait till it comes to make a warden bomber
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actualy since its instant rezz and not bring the rezz poP up I don't think tis even good in PvP.

Its an AoE so if enough player got killed in the same spot well chance are that AoE damage will instant kill them upon rezzing. Also you must rezz them b4 you actualy get killed (assuming you don't use the self rezz set).

For PvE using it to rez *** player mean you can't use your ulti to buff their DPS. It will mostly be usefull while doing normals tuff with gimped players.

Trial pushing still requiert horn.

I suspect this rezz ulti will be sloted as the second ultimate to use in some situation in pugs msotly or maybe while elarnign new stuff.

Don't forget you wont be rezzed at full health.
    Edited by david_m_18b16_ESO on April 23, 2019 6:29PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    .5 second revives from tanky res bots wearing Kags could do the same while using a useful ult like nova or remembrance.

Nah, you can have quick revives for sure... but imagine a necro tank with bloodspawn, dragon guard, and some other ulti set and he’s just hitting that like a spammable lmao
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Pretending how something will turn out does not mean it will really turn out that way.

An example. I am fighting 10 (1v10) Templars and I am getting their health down real low, about to finish them off. All of a sudden all 10 Templars hit me with Radiant Glory, healing them up fast and killing me like a one shot.

Does that mean Radiant Glory is OP and I should create a thread calling for a nerf? No. And mostly because it is fake like the example in the OP.
    '
    Now, the problematic aspect is nothing in PvP can actually be tested but Zos has gotten some feedback during play testing from some who do actually PvP.

Not really a good comparison because radiant glory is a poop ability where as the resurrection ultimate will Rez 3 people immediately and 3 people can be the difference maker in almost every situation