Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

30 Master Anglers & proof that the Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl works!

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astarana wrote: »
    I was fishing recently and got furnishings while fishing in Summerset and Murkmire. I also got a new type of fish (furnishing) that is I think available only in Murkmire: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/fish-black-marsh/
    I was using the buff food while fishing. Cleared whole Murkmire achievement in around 3 hours. However, the buff food does not help me at Gold Coast. I fished for a bit more than an hour and did not get a single blue. I been trying to clear Gold Coast for a while now and no blue fish from either of the waters for me. Oh well, will keep trying.

Even with the food active it's still RNG. I spent many hours fishing without getting any blue fish. It will come eventually!
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    I believe that was already a thing. I think you can craft a fish furnishing from the provisioning station.

Thank you. I'm somewhat new to the game, so I wasn't sure.

After I posted here I logged onto PTS and went fishing some more. I caught a furnishing at the lake in front of Elden Root, at the hole near the vendor.

I'll keep on fishing there at different places and types of water, and will keep you guys updated.

Thank you, i am hoping for the best :smiley:

My pleasure.

I'm hoping too. Many people in this forum might say I'm naïve, but I did see changes on PTS, which in my mind means they are reading and doing something about it. :D
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that was already a thing. I think you can craft a fish furnishing from the provisioning station.

Thank you. I'm somewhat new to the game, so I wasn't sure.

After I posted here I logged onto PTS and went fishing some more. I caught a furnishing at the lake in front of Elden Root, at the hole near the vendor.

I'll keep on fishing there at different places and types of water, and will keep you guys updated.

Thank you, i am hoping for the best :smiley:

My pleasure.

I'm hoping too. Many people in this forum might say I'm naïve, but I did see changes on PTS, which in my mind means they are reading and doing something about it. :D

<3
  • scholar666
    scholar666
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for this wonderful post. I took the purple arteum food, successfully caught that blue lake fish in alikr which eluded me for weeks 😊. The imgur link with all the different types of water in Tamriel is very helpful too 👍
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scholar666 wrote: »
    Thank you for this wonderful post. I took the purple arteum food, successfully caught that blue lake fish in alikr which eluded me for weeks 😊. The imgur link with all the different types of water in Tamriel is very helpful too 👍

I am so happy to hear that it is helpful <3
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently had a discussion with some friends about account wide achievements and was wondering what your opinion is on that! :smiley:
    Edited by Kr3do on February 23, 2019 5:56PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admire your commitment to it. This would make me crazy to do.
    Edited by Tasear on February 23, 2019 6:04PM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kr3do wrote: »
    I recently had a discussion with some friends about account wide achievements and was wondering what your opinion is on that! :smiley:

I would like account wide achievements. Mostly for hard to get titles like Master Angler and trial titles. I want to unlock Tick Tock Tormentor and others like, but my main character isn't something that is desired in raids sadly.
  • szamboti
    szamboti
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for this and for the maps..!! You are a legend, dude..!! ;)
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great statistics, insane dedication =D
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    szamboti wrote: »
    Thanks for this and for the maps..!! You are a legend, dude..!! ;)

Glad to see my post is still helping people! Thank you for the kind words and best of luck to you on your journey :smiley:
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MyNameIsElias
    Thank you very much for sharing your hard work and information.
    I don't fish myself, but the depth and breadth of information here is awesome.

So often there's confusion and doubt on the forums about the 'hidden mechanics' of the game; anecdotal evidence that's often further conflated by myths or comes from a refutable source.
    But when someone has the measure of experience you do here, and puts their data points forward so succinctly, a reader can really feel like they can trust what they're reading. They don't have to doubt or confirm it themselves.

All-in-all, very well put together, and interesting even for a non-fisher.
    Especially because now I know that if i want to start now, using the food is a great help!
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, I used artaeum pickled fish bowl gaining master angler and it felt like it had an impact.

Coldharbor was probably the hardest zone becuase you needed 12 random fish from fool water while in other zones you needed 3-4 in one type of water and could move on.

Cyrodil might be hard unless AD. Fortunately its so far inside AD area its not much PvP there unless Bloodmane is under siege.
    1pmEKRKh.jpg
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MyNameIsElias
    Thank you very much for sharing your hard work and information.
    I don't fish myself, but the depth and breadth of information here is awesome.

So often there's confusion and doubt on the forums about the 'hidden mechanics' of the game; anecdotal evidence that's often further conflated by myths or comes from a refutable source.
    But when someone has the measure of experience you do here, and puts their data points forward so succinctly, a reader can really feel like they can trust what they're reading. They don't have to doubt or confirm it themselves.

All-in-all, very well put together, and interesting even for a non-fisher.
    Especially because now I know that if i want to start now, using the food is a great help!

Thank you so much for the very constructive feedback! I am so happy that the post ended up doing well :smiley:
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Thank you, I used artaeum pickled fish bowl gaining master angler and it felt like it had an impact.

Coldharbor was probably the hardest zone becuase you needed 12 random fish from fool water while in other zones you needed 3-4 in one type of water and could move on.

Cyrodil might be hard unless AD. Fortunately its so far inside AD area its not much PvP there unless Bloodmane is under siege.
    1pmEKRKh.jpg

I did struggle a lot with Coldharbour too at times. And yeah, Cyrodiil has pretty much all the best fishing locations in the entire zone, so as an EP player it kind of sucked having to sometimes ride from the south Morrowind gate down to Bravil to get those Ocean holes :joy:

Cool to see you fishing with someone from a different alliance too! I only got discovered twice while fishing in Cyrodiil. Once i was ganked by an AD player while fishing in that same river in your screenshot, and another time i was fishing in the lake around the Imperial City and got discovered by two DC players, but they let me live when they realised i wasn't fighting back :blush:
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on April 23, 2019 12:58PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1pmEKRKh.jpg

I did struggle a lot with Coldharbour too at times. And yeah, Cyrodiil has pretty much all the best fishing locations in the entire zone, so as an EP player it kind of sucked having to sometimes ride from the south Morrowind gate down to Bravil to get those Ocean holes :joy:

Cool to see you fishing with someone from a different alliance too! I only got discovered twice while fishing in Cyrodiil. Once i was ganked by an AD player while fishing in that same river in your screenshot, and another time i was fishing in the lake around the Imperial City and got discovered by two DC players, but they let me live when they realised i wasn't fighting back :blush:
    Your map showed two more ocean spots up along the coast, I only knew about the two at the end of river so I went up it for river fishing then the two was dry.
    And yes I felt perfectly safe knowing he had to ride a long way and if he killed me he would expect an sneak attack in return.
    He probably guessed an fellow fisher would not attack.
    And its weird if its not other ocean holes but I assume people has searched the south coast east of the border river pretty well
    Edited by zaria on April 23, 2019 4:31PM
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my lord! This is an absolutely incredible display of patience, determination and motivation! My master Angler that I just have on my main took me a year and a half because I couldn’t fish continuously. I also started to get impatient and bored out of my mind at times. Also, I do have master angler for all zones except summerset and murkmire, but I just do it because I’m a completionist :D

I’m also so shocked right now. I just realized there is a recipe to drop rare fish faster!! Like, omg!! HOW DID I MISS THIS!!
    I hope they make a similar food buff for monster trophies because, I’m still not done with those and It’s an even worse than fishing. :s

One question: Does the bait caught through fishing guarantee white fish or is that a false notion I came up with while fishing?
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my lord! This is an absolutely incredible display of patience, determination and motivation! My master Angler that I just have on my main took me a year and a half because I couldn’t fish continuously. I also started to get impatient and bored out of my mind at times. Also, I do have master angler for all zones except summerset and murkmire, but I just do it because I’m a completionist :D

I’m also so shocked right now. I just realized there is a recipe to drop rare fish faster!! Like, omg!! HOW DID I MISS THIS!!
    I hope they make a similar food buff for monster trophies because, I’m still not done with those and It’s an even worse than fishing. :s

One question: Does the bait caught through fishing guarantee white fish or is that a false notion I came up with while fishing?
    Watched an series on the other monitor.
    The bait from fishing works the same way as far as I observed, I had the impression in the start that it was better but that is very likely to be false.
  • SwoopIM
    SwoopIM
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! ZOS needs to create a special achievement just to recognize your achievement! I am inspired to try for my first Master Angler now. And I will use the food :)
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad someone did the stats on it, when I did my MA having the psijic food on definitely seemed to help- maybe a 5% drop rate as opposed to 2% .my only issue was it was expensive to craft
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1pmEKRKh.jpg

Your map showed two more ocean spots up along the coast, I only knew about the two at the end of river so I went up it for river fishing then the two was dry.
    And yes I felt perfectly safe knowing he had to ride a long way and if he killed me he would expect an sneak attack in return.
    He probably guessed an fellow fisher would not attack.
    And its weird if its not other ocean holes but I assume people has searched the south coast east of the border river pretty well

As far as i know, there's only 4 ocean holes in Cyrodiil :disappointed:
  • VvardeFellow
    VvardeFellow
    ✭✭✭
    Warning! Short reply.

Bravo!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First off, i wish you the best of luck with your fishing adventure in Summerset & Murkmire!

And for the monster throphies, i hear you. I have all the throphy achievements, and i remember spending 5 hours straight farming the Wamasu before it finally dropped for me :joy:

To answer your question: The extra bait you can catch from fishing is only there to make the loot table bigger. The bait doesn't give you any edge over using normal bait. I wish it did something, because it's sort of a waste of time to wait 15 seconds just to catch *more* bait :neutral:
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SwoopIM wrote: »
    Wow! ZOS needs to create a special achievement just to recognize your achievement! I am inspired to try for my first Master Angler now. And I will use the food :)

Your kind words humble me, thank you friend!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warning! Short reply.

Bravo!

Best comment ever :smiley:

Glad you enjoyed!
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's a lot patience! Thanks a lot for this information.

It's really not that boring. Get a second monitor, load up your favorite streaming service, start fishing. If your going to watch TV, might as well make it productive. Oh, a very comfy chair helps too.
  • Ahlteffour
    Ahlteffour
    ✭✭✭
    I have to pay respect to this. Thank you for diving into one of the games activities and providing relevant statistics, loot drops and even a comparison of what the Pickled fish bowl brings to the table. I truly do appreciate posts like this.

They should give you an achievement all to yourself. Perhaps a title "God of Angling" or something like that
    "Anyone can identify a problem. It takes hard work, dedication, patience and understanding to be a positive part of the solution"
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahlteffour wrote: »
    I have to pay respect to this. Thank you for diving into one of the games activities and providing relevant statistics, loot drops and even a comparison of what the Pickled fish bowl brings to the table. I truly do appreciate posts like this.

They should give you an achievement all to yourself. Perhaps a title "God of Angling" or something like that

That means a lot to me, thank you :)
  • Crobazrian
    Crobazrian
    Soul Shriven
    Elias I loved your post so much!!!! Inspirational and fun to read!! I have Master Angler on my main and working on it on my others ❤️ Great info on the Arteaum food, I often wonder about it 😊
    Edited by Crobazrian on June 22, 2019 9:33PM
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elias I loved your post so much!!!! Inspirational and fun to read!! I have Master Angler on my main and working on it on my others ❤️ Great info on the Arteaum food, I often wonder about it 😊

Thank you, and i wish you the best of RNG on your alts :blush: