The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Was wondering if anyone knew how to make a desktop shortcut to work with the steam version

C3YBR_ODYSSEY
C3YBR_ODYSSEY
Soul Shriven
I picked up the steam version of this game when it was on sale and the only way I can launch it is directly thew hitting "play game" in steam. I tried using steam's "create desktop shortcut" but all it does is make a notepad file. I cant seem to make any kind of shortcut work properly to run the steam version no-mater what I point it to. Was wondering if anyone knew how to make a desktop shortcut to work with the steam version. So Far I have tried the following

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\zosSteamStarter.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\Launcher\Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone can. iirc that those that started via Steam after a certain date cannot bypass Steam. Why some were grandfathered is an interesting question but not germain.

I would expect the desktop icon would be the third one listed, the launcher execute as that is what my desktop icon looks at. My game is not via Steam though.
  • C3YBR_ODYSSEY
    C3YBR_ODYSSEY
    Soul Shriven
    idk wrote: »
    Not everyone can. iirc that those that started via Steam after a certain date cannot bypass Steam. Why some were grandfathered is an interesting question but not germain.

I would expect the desktop icon would be the third one listed, the launcher execute as that is what my desktop icon looks at. My game is not via Steam though.

dang, guess I have to launch it via steam then
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @C3YBR_ODYSSEY

I just did it. Follow the path circled in red and then shortcut the .exe file highlighted in blue.

q6BKDoG.png
    Edited by Hippie4927 on April 21, 2019 5:00PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • C3YBR_ODYSSEY
    C3YBR_ODYSSEY
    Soul Shriven
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    @C3YBR_ODYSSEY

I just did it. Follow the path circled in red and then shortcut the .exe file highlighted in blue.

q6BKDoG.png

I tried that while it does activate the launcher it's the Bethesda one. It asks for username and password and putting in my steam login details does not work. If I launch the game threw steam the launcher says steam in the left hand bottom corner not Bethesda
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @C3YBR_ODYSSEY

Sorry for the mistake. I knew I had the shortcut on my desktop but I took you to the wrong one. Here is the correct one.....

OS9HwXm.jpg

It is the steam starter.exe
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    my bad, misunderstood, delete this pls, thanks.
    Edited by Inoki on April 22, 2019 7:23PM
  • C3YBR_ODYSSEY
    C3YBR_ODYSSEY
    Soul Shriven
    @Hippie4927

Followed your instructions but when I do I get the following error message (see screen shot) tried running as admin but that did not fix the issue. However the error does not appear when launching directly threw steam library.

yms051q80jkd.png