The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wallet was stolen. Now ZOS wont allow me to continue my ESO plus subscription for the same price

mdb800
mdb800
✭✭✭
My wallet was stolen and I go t a replacement yesterday. I was originally paying a lower price for ESO plus on my subscription and now I cant renew my subscription without paying the same price I was paying. The sub elapsed the same day I was able to get a new card. I am reaching out and asking, as a loyal subscriber to not punish me for being pick pocketed in real life. It is very dishonest and very lowly. I am willing to provide the police report and the bank records to prove it. Please allow the original price.
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    I want to also make one thing clear: I have neurological disabilities. It is very difficult to get around. This is how people take advantage of me when I have difficulty walking. This is something I am more than willing to prove to ZOS: Please don't compound predatory nature. Don't kick me when I am down. I have stayed an ESO plus subscriber for over a year ( maybe 2). All I can tell you is that I stayed an ESO plus subscriber despite going long periods of time without logging in. Would you consider allowing someone who has been loyal to you to continue being a subscriber for the original price that was dealt?
  • Wild_Mage
    Wild_Mage
    ✭✭
    Have you even made a ticket? Maybe they will help you without all the drama.
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    Wild_Mage wrote: »
    yes

• Wild_Mage
    Wild_Mage
    ✭✭
    mdb800 wrote: »
    yes

Then maybe the customer service rep, who will likely have no knowledge of this threads existence, will help you. If not then you can go back to the whole evil company kicked you while you were down thing.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you by any chance a resident of California? They started taxing out-of-state sellers on April 1, 2019. Several more began earlier in 2019, and some states like Pennsylvania are starting later this year.

ZOS has no control over state nexus laws.
    signing off
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes

Then maybe the customer service rep, who will likely have no knowledge of this threads existence, will help you. If not then you can go back to the whole evil company kicked you while you were down thing.

he didn't know where else to turn.
    he came here looking for help.
    it looks honest in appearance.
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Are you by any chance a resident of California? They started taxing out-of-state sellers on April 1, 2019. Several more began earlier in 2019, and some states like Pennsylvania are starting later this year.

I live in Canada, I subbed on when it was a certain price. Had no idea, it went up in price, I also, could find no record that it ever did. When I tried resubbing it was asking for more than what my other friends up here had to pay this month. So the price did not just go up recently in Canada. but I can find nothing on when it changed.
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    yes

he didn't know where else to turn.
    he came here looking for help.
    it looks honest in appearance.

I am not trying to bad talk ZOS. I really wanted to point out that being shrewd and hardline on somethings could be creating a situation ZOS has no desire to be party to. I always , always have to explain myself explicitly when things like this happen due to visible difficulties I have. Not to sound prideful: I cannot continue playing this game if a thief is rewarded for their worldview ( that it is okay to prey upon whom they see is weak). It would always upset me, that my expenses, lifestyle and now my entertainment is going to be dictated by those whom think I have no human value for being physically meek. ESO is my escape and probably the only one I will ever have. I was excited to buy more crown packs with the sale, but not anymore. Oh btw. The price on the crown packs has always been the same and has never changed. I back tracked my eso plus to fall 2017 and could go even further back once I contact my bank. I paid the same all throughout.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was supporting, you and defending your thread.
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    i was supporting, you and defending your thread.

I know, and thank you. I am sorry if that came off as offensive or negative. I just wanted to provide a more deeper explaination of what I am trying to do here. I am sorry.

• Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Ive tagged some people in thread who maybe able to help, hope you get sorted OP.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in Canada, I subbed on when it was a certain price. Had no idea, it went up in price, I also, could find no record that it ever did. When I tried resubbing it was asking for more than what my other friends up here had to pay this month. So the price did not just go up recently in Canada. but I can find nothing on when it changed.

Are your friends in the same province? Québec changed their nexus laws at the beginning of the year. I'm not certain about other parts of Canada, other than VAT.
    There's a lot of changes happening with Internet sales tax so it's no longer a given that everyone is paying the same price, even within the same country at the same exchange rate.
    signing off
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭

Are your friends in the same province? Québec changed their nexus laws at the beginning of the year. I'm not certain about other parts of Canada, other than VAT.
    There's a lot of changes happening with Internet sales tax so it's no longer a given that everyone is paying the same price, even within the same country at the same exchange rate.

they are in a different province other than quebec
  • VinxTerranova
    VinxTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused as to how you can't get the same price back? Did they offer you an exclusive deal or something?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a recurring sub and when zos raises the price, I get hit by it, whether my credit card number changes or not. I can pay for a year in advance and lock that price in but then a stolen credit card would have no effect on that until your year is up anyway. Basically, each time a payment comes out, they figure out the price at that point. If you're paying more now than you were a month ago, that has nothing to do with your stolen card or any disability you may have if I'm understanding the issue properly.
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Sony and ZOS have been pointing fingers at each other. Though, I believe ZOS: Their explaination is that on the ps4 platform, they have 0 control over offering ESO plus or its price. It is all 100 percent up to sony for any in game retail. All ZOS can do schedule the sales and events with sony, but, it is up to sony to match whatever deals are going on.

New Problem: At this time, the in game DLC ( not expansions like summerset) will at times no longer function as If I bought them. I had bought a bulk of these before ever becoming an ESO plus subscriber. What has happened in the last 3 days is that the DLC I previously bought was greyed out from being bought again but was not allowing me to travel to those locations with an upper right hand message saying that I do not own the DLC. So I was essentially locked out of the DLC areas with no option to rebuy them to fix the issue. I did get a Call from ZOS and walked through some things. Once I bought wrathstone, the problem stopped. However, it has started happening again. inconsistently and indiscriminately on and off. I do not know the next steps to take. Maybe, pay the higher price for sub and see if the problems stop, to test what that was. As of this time, I can travel to clock work city and murkmire but not the gold coast despite being able to earlier today. I cannot queue for the wrathstone dungeon despite being able to do so only a few hours ago ( it was greyed out again).
    I'm confused as to how you can't get the same price back? Did they offer you an exclusive deal or something?
    This is where nobody can tell me anything and fingers from sony gets pointed at ZOS and sony at ZOS
    I have a recurring sub and when zos raises the price, I get hit by it, whether my credit card number changes or not. I can pay for a year in advance and lock that price in but then a stolen credit card would have no effect on that until your year is up anyway. Basically, each time a payment comes out, they figure out the price at that point. If you're paying more now than you were a month ago, that has nothing to do with your stolen card or any disability you may have if I'm understanding the issue properly.

I have had a recurring sub for 2 years and absolutely no price increase. once it was interrupted, price increase. I am on ps4 though.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Sony and ZOS have been pointing fingers at each other. Though, I believe ZOS: Their explaination is that on the ps4 platform, they have 0 control over offering ESO plus or its price. It is all 100 percent up to sony for any in game retail. All ZOS can do schedule the sales and events with sony, but, it is up to sony to match whatever deals are going on.

New Problem: At this time, the in game DLC ( not expansions like summerset) will at times no longer function as If I bought them. I had bought a bulk of these before ever becoming an ESO plus subscriber. What has happened in the last 3 days is that the DLC I previously bought was greyed out from being bought again but was not allowing me to travel to those locations with an upper right hand message saying that I do not own the DLC. So I was essentially locked out of the DLC areas with no option to rebuy them to fix the issue. I did get a Call from ZOS and walked through some things. Once I bought wrathstone, the problem stopped. However, it has started happening again. inconsistently and indiscriminately on and off. I do not know the next steps to take. Maybe, pay the higher price for sub and see if the problems stop, to test what that was. As of this time, I can travel to clock work city and murkmire but not the gold coast despite being able to earlier today. I cannot queue for the wrathstone dungeon despite being able to do so only a few hours ago ( it was greyed out again).
    This is where nobody can tell me anything and fingers from sony gets pointed at ZOS and sony at ZOS

I have had a recurring sub for 2 years and absolutely no price increase. once it was interrupted, price increase. I am on ps4 though.

So it seems Zos has done an increase in their sub rate for new subscriptions. If someone's subscription ends and they start it up again then it is new for certain regions or platforms. I did just check what the rate would be for one of my alts if I were to sub again and it is the same as my main account. So this looks more like platform or region/currency related.
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

So it seems Zos has done an increase in their sub rate for new subscriptions. If someone's subscription ends and they start it up again then it is new for certain regions or platforms. I did just check what the rate would be for one of my alts if I were to sub again and it is the same as my main account. So this looks more like platform or region/currency related.

I should have clarified. You are correct, this is indeed the case, for new subscriptions. Not nessacarily continued existing ones ( this remains to be seen). This increase is not new this month and it is now in deliberations between ZOS and SONY as we are messaging at the times of the forums.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did get a Call from ZOS

You just got more than 99% of the player base ever has :D
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw a thread earlier by a Canadian on PS4 who noticed that his sub had increased at the time of his renewal. It didn't auto-renew because it was a higher price, and he had to accept the new price if he wanted to keep his sub.

Thus, regardless of whether your card was stolen, since your sub was up for renewal, it is now subject to the new sub price. Your friends are still paying the old price, since their subs are still in effect. Once they have to renew, they'll have to pay the higher price.

It's a price increase, regardless of whether it's Sony or ZOS, and not related to your card being stolen. It's related to your sub coming up for renewal and now subject to the new sub price.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know why you just cant change the credit card info on your account?

Ive done this at least once on mine and it didnt change the price of the sub.

Beta tester November 2013
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all Sony, they recently decided they wanted more money for ESO and crowns sold through their stores, so they added an additional premium to both subs and crowns...ZoS has no control over that, it's all on Sony.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I saw a thread earlier by a Canadian on PS4 who noticed that his sub had increased at the time of his renewal. It didn't auto-renew because it was a higher price, and he had to accept the new price if he wanted to keep his sub.

Thus, regardless of whether your card was stolen, since your sub was up for renewal, it is now subject to the new sub price. Your friends are still paying the old price, since their subs are still in effect. Once they have to renew, they'll have to pay the higher price.

It's a price increase, regardless of whether it's Sony or ZOS, and not related to your card being stolen. It's related to your sub coming up for renewal and now subject to the new sub price.

was this on ps4 or xbox?
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    besides the increase in sub price, there is still the issue of not having access to DLC I previously bought before ever subbing to plus without anyway to repurchase them. I am essentially locked out of all DLC unless I sub to plus ( I cannot verify this, I only note that I was not having this issue while on plus, there is a small possibility of it being a coincidence)
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to also make one thing clear: I have neurological disabilities. It is very difficult to get around. This is how people take advantage of me when I have difficulty walking. This is something I am more than willing to prove to ZOS: Please don't compound predatory nature. Don't kick me when I am down. I have stayed an ESO plus subscriber for over a year ( maybe 2). All I can tell you is that I stayed an ESO plus subscriber despite going long periods of time without logging in. Would you consider allowing someone who has been loyal to you to continue being a subscriber for the original price that was dealt?

I am strictly against individual prices/discounts :smile: . ( I am more into support, if some1 needs it)
    Also it's "somehow" funny.... "ZOS: Please don't compound predatory nature. Don't kick me when I am down".... like they are psychics and can see in the future or what happened to you in RL .... come on :smiley: They need some time to react to your ticket/complains... that's normal.

The overall story though, not so funny. Had my wallet stolen 2 years ago and it was very annoying. Still... I would not be angry because of a small increase (sub fee).. heck... the cards and stolen money were a lil bit more important.
    As you said yourself... you paid and didn't even play (is the money/price really the problem?)... I would try to be more happy and less angry. A game should not be a place to vent on RL problems... and especially not with strangers.

But, best luck.
  • mdb800
    mdb800
    ✭✭✭
    Lisutaris wrote: »

I am strictly against individual prices/discounts :smile: . ( I am more into support, if some1 needs it)
    Also it's "somehow" funny.... "ZOS: Please don't compound predatory nature. Don't kick me when I am down".... like they are psychics and can see in the future or what happened to you in RL .... come on :smiley: They need some time to react to your ticket/complains... that's normal.

The overall story though, not so funny. Had my wallet stolen 2 years ago and it was very annoying. Still... I would not be angry because of a small increase (sub fee).. heck... the cards and stolen money were a lil bit more important.
    As you said yourself... you paid and didn't even play (is the money/price really the problem?)... I would try to be more happy and less angry. A game should not be a place to vent on RL problems... and especially not with strangers.

But, best luck.
    If the government illegally confiscated your home and you got it back, would you not want your mortgage rate to be the same as it was beforehand? especially if everyone else in your neighborhood got the their same rate back?
    Had it not happen, I would be paying the same price. I am not asking for a handout, not one bit is that the case. Those individuals who do those things. They exist in the world only to hurt others. Talk a walk in the shoes of someone whom looks like a prey (disabled) and pay attention to how people, you have never met or known or have spoken to perceive you. ESO was my escape from that. That it is OK to be alive despite being hated for not contributing to society. I decided to stop subbing to ESO plus because I will always feel under the thumb of a hoodlum that thinks I do not deserve life, like what most people think. But now, that is not even an option as ZOS or sony ( they will not stop pointing fingers) honor any DLC purchases on my account outside of ESO plus.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lisutaris wrote: »

But, best luck.
    If the government illegally confiscated your home and you got it back, would you not want your mortgage rate to be the same as it was beforehand? especially if everyone else in your neighborhood got the their same rate back?
    Had it not happen, I would be paying the same price. I am not asking for a handout, not one bit is that the case. Those individuals who do those things. They exist in the world only to hurt others. Talk a walk in the shoes of someone whom looks like a prey (disabled) and pay attention to how people, you have never met or known or have spoken to perceive you. ESO was my escape from that. That it is OK to be alive despite being hated for not contributing to society. I decided to stop subbing to ESO plus because I will always feel under the thumb of a hoodlum that thinks I do not deserve life, like what most people think. But now, that is not even an option as ZOS or sony ( they will not stop pointing fingers) honor any DLC purchases on my account outside of ESO plus.

Bruh you weren’t robbed by the game, just by the person who stole your wallet

You’re blowing this all out of proportion trying to make yourself out to be some kind of victim
    Edited by Jhalin on June 10, 2019 10:25PM