The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Furnishing Upgrade Option for Existing Houses

Tigerseye
Tigerseye
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So, I get that there are the current maximum limits for furnishing (i.e. 700 Traditional Furnishings with ESO+), but I was wondering whether we could be given the option to upgrade existing houses, with limits that are less than that, post-purchase?

So, for example, Hunding's.

Hunding's is huge.

Big house, big courtyard at the front, big terrace overlooking the sea, big flat roof (which really ought to have a staircase, or a trapdoor, to it), tower (with upstairs and downstairs) and multiple balconies...

Going by size, that house really ought to have been classed as a Notable and given 700 slots (possibly more - but let's not go there, here...).

On the other hand, it's nice that it's more affordable than the Notables are and so, gives newer players a chance to get a bigger house, with nice grounds, earlier.

So, I'm not suggesting upgrading it and/or other 600 slot houses for everyone and then charging more for them, upfront.

As that would exclude many newer players from buying them.

I'm suggesting giving us the option to buy an upgrade for them, for gold, later on (if we choose to).

So, to offer an optional upgrade, which then puts them in line (overall price-wise) with the Notables and gives us 100 more Traditional Furnishing slots for them.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to be able to upgrade slots for smaller homes. My favourite home is Boulder Tree and I could do so much with even 100 slots.
    I asked this question before and was surprised at the amount of people that voted no!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/465032/would-you-buy-more-slots-for-small-medium-homes#latest
    I think the more times this idea gets brought up, the better. I don't see any reason why it can't be done and it would be an obvious money maker for ZOS.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    I would love to be able to upgrade slots for smaller homes. My favourite home is Boulder Tree and I could do so much with even 100 slots.
    I asked this question before and was surprised at the amount of people that voted no!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/465032/would-you-buy-more-slots-for-small-medium-homes#latest
    I think the more times this idea gets brought up, the better. I don't see any reason why it can't be done and it would be an obvious money maker for ZOS.

I think that reaction was probably, mainly, because you were asking if people would want to buy the upgrades with Crowns/real money?

Whereas, I'm suggesting a gold purchasable upgrade, for these gold purchasable houses.

They could, also, offer it to be purchasable with Crowns, but it would not be necessary to pay for it that way.

Many people, who do housing, probably already feel they have paid more than their fair share into the game, on balance (and continue to do so, from time to time, via furnishing packs/items and/or Crown-only houses), so are reluctant to pay even more for something like this.

They are also, generally, subbing to the game via ESO+, as an ongoing expense, for the crafting bag and the extra furnishing slots.

So, they are going to feel double, triple, or quadruple, dipped on if they have to keep paying and paying for everything, all the time, on top of that.
    Edited by Tigerseye on April 20, 2019 7:42AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Zypheran wrote: »

I think that reaction was probably, mainly, because you were asking if people would want to buy the upgrades with Crowns/real money?

Whereas, I'm suggesting a gold purchasable upgrade, for these gold purchasable houses.

They could, also, offer it to be purchasable with Crowns, but it would not be necessary to pay for it that way.

Many people, who do housing, probably already feel they have paid more than their fair share into the game, on balance (and continue to do so, from time to time, via furnishing packs/items and/or Crown-only houses), so are reluctant to pay even more for something like this.

They are also, generally, subbing to the game via ESO+, as an ongoing expense, for the crafting bag and the extra furnishing slots.

So, they are going to feel double, triple, or quadruple, dipped on if they have to keep paying and paying for everything, all the time, on top of that.

This is exactly it. I wouldn't pay crowns to upgrade any home, esp. the ones I purchased with gold. If there were a gold option to increase the item slots on the homes with less than 700, I'd probably buy some for some of my homes - most notably the inn rooms! Of course, I think there should be an upper limit for the smaller homes, as 700 items in an inn room would be way too much.