Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BG Premades teaming for event.

HalvarIronfist
HalvarIronfist
✭✭✭✭
Had two matches recently where it was a blatant 4v8.

For example the last match was Crazy King. We were Green.

Red/Purple did not attack each other whatsoever. Even to the point we had multiple encounters watching them fight us side by side and then running away from each other. Or walking together and not fighting.

One instance: I'm capturing an abandoned purple flag, very literally, all 8 of them run up. I drop my storm attro. (Magsorc), manage to kill one before I die, and then watch the purple team just run away, without being attacked/attacking the red team.

Now; I don't care if you want to be a premade. No issue with that.

But if you're going to be running multiple premades, and play 4v8, instead of 4v4v4, I think something should be done about that. IMO, that is not acceptable behavior, and not what the BGs are for.

My deduction on why it's happened twice today already is that these premades are trying to get their quest boxes. (Like the rest of us!)
I know of this happening in Cyrodiil, which I am impartial to. It's open world PVP there, if PVE players are attacked, that's the risk they run being in cyro. If two alliances want to have that 'mutual understanding', that's fair for PVE. (IMO)

I don't know. Just seems stupid that such behavior can be allowed in a BG. Not the first time I've seen such a thing happen, but it's definitely going to be a problem already, from what I've seen, thanks to the event. Everyone wants their rewards, but making the supposedly 'structured' pvp environment unfair by acting like that just kind of sucks.

(Disclaimer: I do, and have no problem playing with premades myself. I don't think that's a problem. No hate on that.)

• kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I think about this, the more it feels like the byproduct of a 3-team system. I don't mind it, because it doesn't happen often, and 3 teams is much faster paced than waiting for an enemy team to respawn in a 1v1.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making it 4v4v4 was a bad move anyhow.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah classic problem of a 1v1v1 system is you end up with 2v1, and when that happens it is one of the most unfun experiences in the game.

would much prefer if BG's was either all lone wolf or had a lone wolf queue, where it was groups of 4 assembled from solo's on all teams, because even premades vs 4 randos is just no chance.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I think about this, the more it feels like the byproduct of a 3-team system. I don't mind it, because it doesn't happen often, and 3 teams is much faster paced than waiting for an enemy team to respawn in a 1v1.

I'd agree with this for sure. In my small time doing BG's today (which, for transparency I absolutely hated every minute of), I saw a lot of the other two teams teaming up. In one particularly obvious example, I got my ass kicked by both a red and a green (which was par for the course, but that's not the point), and as I lay there respawning, they walked away from each other and didn't engage.

Honestly, I didn't mind. I know it's a bad mentality, but the sooner they murdered me and one side one, the quicker it would be over.

Keep in mind, I do only queue in premades where we all know we suck, so I'm not intentionally screwing up someone elses MMR or anything. I'm not a jerk.
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need:

1. A random-only BG queue.

2. People who play rigged matches should be suspended from that game mode.

If wishes were horses... well then there would be so many horses that I don´t mind beating a dead one again:

We won´t get a good online experience for competitive games until rules are enforced the way they are outside of online gaming. Hell, even football games with 12-year-olds have enforced rules...

o:)
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the reason I stopped pvping is that cyrodill is a mess and worst is a laggy mess that makes no fun...and battlegrounds have no MM corresponding to queues...so u get premades/full premades in the same pot as solo queues...cuz that's the best experience when you solo queue and get paired with underleveled people and undergeared vs 2 teams that grouped together and have it all set for the specific mode/s... /clap gg zos....years passed nobody addressing this...at this point im about to agree with others to turn cyrodill into a pve zone and make imperial city the only "open world" pvp...whatever
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had two matches recently where it was a blatant 4v8.

For example the last match was Crazy King. We were Green.

Red/Purple did not attack each other whatsoever. Even to the point we had multiple encounters watching them fight us side by side and then running away from each other. Or walking together and not fighting.

One instance: I'm capturing an abandoned purple flag, very literally, all 8 of them run up. I drop my storm attro. (Magsorc), manage to kill one before I die, and then watch the purple team just run away, without being attacked/attacking the red team.

Now; I don't care if you want to be a premade. No issue with that.

But if you're going to be running multiple premades, and play 4v8, instead of 4v4v4, I think something should be done about that. IMO, that is not acceptable behavior, and not what the BGs are for.

My deduction on why it's happened twice today already is that these premades are trying to get their quest boxes. (Like the rest of us!)
    I know of this happening in Cyrodiil, which I am impartial to. It's open world PVP there, if PVE players are attacked, that's the risk they run being in cyro. If two alliances want to have that 'mutual understanding', that's fair for PVE. (IMO)

I don't know. Just seems stupid that such behavior can be allowed in a BG. Not the first time I've seen such a thing happen, but it's definitely going to be a problem already, from what I've seen, thanks to the event. Everyone wants their rewards, but making the supposedly 'structured' pvp environment unfair by acting like that just kind of sucks.

(Disclaimer: I do, and have no problem playing with premades myself. I don't think that's a problem. No hate on that.)

Welcome to battlegrounds. A detested crap system, only supported and demanded to be added into the game, by the pre-made groups minority, who is too scare to go to Cyrodiil, because Cyrodiil is not their "controlled" environment to "flourish" by means of exploiting the mechanics.
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A detested crap system, only supported and demanded to be added into the game, by the pre-made groups minority, who is too scare to go to Cyrodiil, because Cyrodiil is not their "controlled" environment to "flourish" by means of exploiting the mechanics.

TBH that largely goes for Cyrodiil too, at least Vivec. LFG with no response, 95% meta sets destructive staff knockback with everyone jumping around like the ground was on fire. + Horse riding online.

I actually like BGs, they´re a nice change of pace, but the ´premade vs headless chickens´ is a problem.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best thing is remove pve aspects from cyrodiil and make it like a battle royal no one will then complain of zerg issue or alliances teaming up and all.
    Isnt there saying every thing is fair in love and war and yet people complain of zergs and alliance teaming up :D
    Edited by r34lian on April 19, 2019 10:49AM
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not a perfect system by far, but the biggest flaws are the players who take themselves too seriously when winning or losing.
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hand_Bacon wrote: »
    Its not a perfect system by far, but the biggest flaws are the players who take themselves too seriously when winning or losing.

That's what I fear this premade epidemic is, especially with the event. Personally, I may group up with my friends, or play solo. We don't take it seriously enough, but it's a problem I've noticed before, and rising with the event. I don't think it should be tolerated whatsoever. You want to have 8 people in a premade, and still play 4v4v4? Sure, go nuts. I don't care.

But, you want to have 8 people in a premade, break the 'Rules' and play 4v8? (For whatever reason, event or not.) Should NOT be tolerated.

Premades vs randoms are somewhat of a problem, I can't say that I run into it too much. (Even in solo queue, I've beaten premade full groups before.) But I can understand why it's a problem.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see a way to distinguish this behavior in game.

How could you possibly prevent it from occurring? And even if it does, how could you prove against an argument made about how it was strategy?

(Let's say you report or something similar, how would a third party determine which of these acts are acceptable vs unacceptable?)

I've had it happen once before and yeah it pissed me off to no end. I just see no way to prevent it unfortunately
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How could you possibly prevent it from occurring? And even if it does, how could you prove against an argument made about how it was strategy?

(Let's say you report or something similar, how would a third party determine which of these acts are acceptable vs unacceptable?)

I've had it happen once before and yeah it pissed me off to no end. I just see no way to prevent it unfortunately

Random queue only.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need solo que, let the premade groups fight other premade groups
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭

Not distinguishable? Hardly.

For instance, I've seen: CTR, where both other teams stand side by side with relics and do not fight, and each team sends members after the relic you're holding. When you die with said relic, one team allows the other to kill them and score 2 relics.

Domination: Two teams will attack a point, only kill off one team, and the one of the surviving teams runs away, not being attacked by the other. These teams will make a point to either run away from each other, or attack the 3rd team together, and then split up.

Above Crazy King reference.

The mode is supposed to be a 4v4v4. If such collusion between two teams is apparent, perhaps it SHOULD be reportable.

Obviously, I've played in games where weird things have happened, as such: Domination. Our team has all 4 points, the other two aren't even attempting to take them. Just fighting with each other over and over.

If they're standing side by side and completely cooperating though is different. Playing smart and avoiding other teams if possible is one thing. But walking side by side and refusing to fight one another is another.