Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat Metrics 0.9 Bugs

Solinur
Solinur
✭✭✭
Combat Metrics 0.9 has left the beta stage and is now live on EsoUI:
https://esoui.com/downloads/info1360-CombatMetrics.html
You can use this thread to report bugs if you like.

Old Message:
Hi all,

I'm about to release a new major update to Combat Metrics and since I don't have a raid group at the moment I can't thoroughly test it. So the hope is some of you can help me out here.
As always:

Make a backup of your Saved Variables file for Combat Metrics, which includes CombatMetrics.lua and CombatMetricsFightData.lua in your SavedVariables folder.

Download: https://solinur.de/Files/CombatMetrics-0.9.0_beta4.zip

Please let me know about errors, typos, other issues you found or suggestions you have.

Change Notes:
Beta 1:
  • Added a new Info panel. It shows the Equipment, CP, and Skills used in the selected fight. Weaving Metrics
  • For the skill panel "Weaving Metrics" are shown. They give some info how fast you are able to cast subsequent abilities and the average time between two subsequent casts of the same ability.
  • Also some stats about how much time was spent and how much damage was done on each bar are shown. Werewolf is not supported at the moment but will be added in the future.
  • Added a new Graph panel.
  • Here you can view how DPS or HPS developed over time. You can also show Resources (e.g. Magicka) or Stats (e.g. Spell Damage).
  • You can click on the colour boxes on the left to change the plots colours
  • When you select buffs/debuffs in the buff panel, while the graph panel is shown, the buff uptime will also be visualized in the graph.
  • Uptime % in the (De-)Buffs Out Panel are now considered towards the total time the respective units have been engaged in combat. This should lead to more reasonable results when you fight different bosses in succession (e.g. the iterations of Z'Maja in Cloudrest). It won't however help for fights where units are inactive in between (e.g. The minibosses in Asylum)
  • Note that some of the new features only work for new fights.
  • Some of the columns in the abilities panel can now be changed. They are coloured in a bright yellow. You can for example choose to show the minimum hit instead of the maximum or show the average critical hit instead of the overall average hit. Just try them out!
  • Added more options in the Combat Log. This includes Skill activations and for boss fights the remaining %HP.
  • Added the account to the bottom info bar
  • Updated russian localization (Thx @KiriX)

Beta 2:
  • Fix a lua error

Beta 3:
  • Fix a lua error appearing when trying to show data in a graph that is not available
  • Fix some malformated labels in non-english localizations
  • Added option to post DPS/HPS to a selection of targets.
  • Added option to post Buff uptime (right click on buff). I plan to also implement options to quickly post uptime on bosses or group members only.
  • When right clicking a unit while in the DPS out panel, you can now post the DPS to that unit or all units that share that name. Big Thanks to @Letho for the idea and help with this.
  • Right click is no longer used to reset the selection in the different list panels, instead this is now set to the 3rd mouse button.
    (Note: You can also just click on a single unit to select it and then click again on it to deselect it)
  • Added detection for Khajit Passive and Minor Force from the 5 pc bonus of Tzogvin’s Warband to show correct Critical Damage Modifier values. Please let me know if anything is missing there.
Beta 4:
  • Buff uptime from the "(De-)buffs out" panel can now also be directly posted for all bosses or group members without the need to select them in the unit panel first
  • When posting data for one unit only, the name of that unit is shown.
  • When in a healing category, the "(De-)buffs out" panel now also considers the uptime of the yourself
  • Added a change that hopefully fixes issues with Briarheart and similar buffs.
  • Added a cursor with a tooltip that shows the exact numbers. It can be toggled on an off by the cursor icon next to the enlarge button.
  • Fixed an issue with graph rescaling.
  • Added a tooltip to the groupbuff toggle in the graph panel
  • Fixed an issue where custom penetration values for crusher weren't loaded

Info Panel:
Elder_Scrolls_Online_2018-11-04_19.23.31.png

Graph Panel:
Elder_Scrolls_Online_2019-02-03_18.34.45.png
Edited by Solinur on May 13, 2019 9:24PM
@Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
Addon Author
  • iceman784
    iceman784
    ✭✭✭
    These changes look awesome. Will we be able to see 2 or more graphs at the same time, overlaying each other? First thing that came to mind was dps and resource, but others might be interested in buff uptimes etc
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    83cp698fmmpp.png
    s7vsuvd89jed.png
    2k6gm7vkxhme.png
    73uoha6fd0yk.png
    6g7iyiqnmvcw.png
    9y8jip6fehmt.png
    1q5xgoz89212.png

It seems to work for the Gear/Skills/CP part but everything else seems to be broken. Honestly, looking forward to see how the graph will look like after a 10 minutes fight ^^ These screenshots are after the first fight, will do runs with this version for the whole evening in case it works ^^

EDIT: Adding 2 more screenshots that shows the bugs with Red and Blue stats on the main screen.
    omhm46a53z31.png
    v6bfco0bjyow.png
    Edited by Liofa on February 23, 2019 8:37PM
  • Floliroy
    Floliroy
    ✭✭✭
    +++ :D
    YoutubeFacebookTwitchTwitter
    PvE Scores - Titles
    PC - EU

GodSlayer
    Gryphon Heart | Dawnbringer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer
    The Unchained | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | The Flawless Conqueror

vAA : 154.949 (WR) | vHRC : 164.513 (WR) | vSO : 158.340
    vMoL : 164.538 | vHoF : 232.939 (WR) | vAS : 114.451
    vCR : 134.630 | vSS : 249.683 | vKA : 252.409 (WR)
    vDSA : 47.895 | vBRP: 103.140
    AddOn Author : HowToBeam - AsylumOlorime - DebuffMe - SpeedRun - ShowBlastbones - HowToSunspire - AddonCategory
  • vkala
    vkala
    Doesn't seem to be saving fight data currently.
  • Torael_Valdis
    Torael_Valdis
    Soul Shriven
    These additions look amazing, I will happily test this out after the errors that Liofa has pointed out are resolved!

Edit: I decided to take a look at this on PTS on some dummy parses. In addition to none of the data populating as shown in Liofa's screenshots, I also received several UI errors. Maybe these will help:
    ho4leozu0pwi.png

1d2dbxs6xpnl.png

twebkd5lfubf.png
    Edited by Torael_Valdis on February 23, 2019 9:09PM
    PC-NA
    Mundus
    CP 810 Stamina Nightblade | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    CP 810 Magicka Nightblade | Immortal Redeemer
  • Altaryan
    Altaryan
    Well, I wanted to add some screenshots, but Liofa did it already. You're too fast !

edit : I tried to delete my old saved variables as well as restarting the game and it didn't fix the issue. However I have now UI errors

dp0bt8meoekt.png
    Edited by Altaryan on February 23, 2019 8:53PM
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for all the trouble. For me everything works, but this is kind of the point about this test. I'll have a look at these issues and post a new version tomorrow. Thanks for all the reports. 😊
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I tried to fix those issues. Not sure what went wrong @Liofa but maybe you have some error supression active?
    Also added screenshot to show what you are supposed to see.

New Download: https://solinur.de/Files/CombatMetrics-0.9.0_beta2.zip
    Edited by Solinur on February 23, 2019 10:53PM
    Addon Author
  • LordGodzilla
    LordGodzilla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, it's look really great ! ;)

Love the new graph / build overview and spellbar timing ! <3

For now, don't have any problem (only on solo content). I will tell you if i got some ! (but i'm not doing a lot of trial so o:) )
    Edited by LordGodzilla on February 23, 2019 11:26PM
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Well if it works for some ppl thats good already :D
    Addon Author
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using it during all yesterday's session and didn't notice any bugs nor performance hits on my game.

I did some solo dummy parses, a couple of normal trials (nCR and nCR+1) and some attempts at a veteran trial (vCR+1) end boss, as a fill in for one that left, and tried to remember looking at the fights report/stats when I could, and all seemed proper and correct, from my understanding, at least. Didn't noticed any extra performance hit nor other issues either (I mean, than weren't already there in game from before, at least :wink: )

As for the actual fight data, I'm not a serious number cruncher and didn't properly analyze the reports/data to be sure that everything is alright on that front... it seemed to be OK and within what's usual, with nothing strange to report or mention on that front.

Graphs are really cool, though... really liking it <3
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Robin_the_Noble
    Tried it just now, on dummy parses both graphs and the stats worked perfectly, didn't encounter any errors anywhere. Solid job!
  • Torael_Valdis
    Torael_Valdis
    Soul Shriven
    @Solinur I have been using this in raids for the past week on Live and I absolutely love it. Very well done. There are a couple things that I think would make it a little better if it's not too hard to do.

1. The ability to manually set the axis values. It would make it very helpfully to be able to type in that I want to view exactly between 55000 and 70000 dps from 30s to 70s for example.
    2. Exact number popups when you hover the cursor over the graph. For example, being able to hover the cursor over the highest peak to know exactly what the highest burst dps was.

Again thank you so much for the work you've put into this!
    PC-NA
    Mundus
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    @Solinur I have been using this in raids for the past week on Live and I absolutely love it. Very well done. There are a couple things that I think would make it a little better if it's not too hard to do.

1. The ability to manually set the axis values. It would make it very helpfully to be able to type in that I want to view exactly between 55000 and 70000 dps from 30s to 70s for example.
    2. Exact number popups when you hover the cursor over the graph. For example, being able to hover the cursor over the highest peak to know exactly what the highest burst dps was.

Again thank you so much for the work you've put into this!

I will look into 1. Should be doable in some way.
    2. I wanted to do anyway, since it helps understanding the plots.
    Addon Author
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One thing i've noticed while using this version is sometimes switching between healing done and damage done, the reported stats like average resource/power will change. Sometimes this will only be a few points but other times it seems to pull very random numbers like having double-digit spell power or single digit crit rates. The maximum values always seem to be fine however
  • Torael_Valdis
    Torael_Valdis
    Soul Shriven
    Solinur wrote: »
    I will look into 1. Should be doable in some way.
    2. I wanted to do anyway, since it helps understanding the plots.

Thank you. Looking forward to it!
    PC-NA
    Mundus
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    One thing i've noticed while using this version is sometimes switching between healing done and damage done, the reported stats like average resource/power will change. Sometimes this will only be a few points but other times it seems to pull very random numbers like having double-digit spell power or single digit crit rates. The maximum values always seem to be fine however

This is because the weighting is done for healing and damage separately. As a simple example: You have 30000 magicka and heal 1000. then you have 34000 magicka and heal 3000. This will lead to an average value of 33000 (as you have done more healing with the higher value). Since this is done with heals for the healing stats and with damage for the damage stats, different values are to be expected. For various reasons they will often be quite similar.

Little sidenote here: I'm aware that this will lead to slightly higher average values as supposed to be since higher stats will lead to higher damage/heals, so weighing the values like that could be called "double dipping". On the other hand a time-based average would neglect strategic decisions like syncing warhorn, ultis and other buffs to get the most out of them. I felt the first strategy would give more relevant results and for some mathmatical reasons the double dipping effect shouldn't be too strong.
    Addon Author
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. I will test it for sure. Thanks!
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Finally managed to get another iteration ready. I currently find less time to work on this as in the past, so sorry it's taking so long.

Download: https://solinur.de/Files/CombatMetrics-0.9.0_beta3.zip

Changes:
    • Fix a lua error appearing when trying to show data in a graph that is not available
    • Fix some malformated labels in non-english localizations
    • Added option to post DPS/HPS to a selection of targets.
    • Added option to post Buff uptime (right click on buff). I plan to also implement options to quickly post uptime on bosses or group members only.
    • When right clicking a unit while in the DPS out panel, you can now post the DPS to that unit or all units that share that name. Big Thanks to @Letho for the idea and help with this.
    • Right click is no longer used to reset the selection in the different list panels, instead this is now set to the 3rd mouse button.
      (Note: You can also just click on a single unit to select it and then click again on it to deselect it)
    • Added detection for Khajit Passive and Minor Force from the 5 pc bonus of Tzogvin’s Warband to show correct Critical Damage Modifier values. Please let me know if anything is missing there.

Note: I'm still working on some improvements on the graph, that were mentioned here before.
    Edited by Solinur on April 6, 2019 9:40PM
    Addon Author
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using your previous beta all the time since you posted it... never had any issues with it myself in all this time. And I've been in several trial runs, including progression runs which normally take ages and ages :)

I mean, I had plenty of opportunities for stuff to go wrong!
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    I've been using your previous beta all the time since you posted it... never had any issues with it myself in all this time. And I've been in several trial runs, including progression runs which normally take ages and ages :)

I mean, I had plenty of opportunities for stuff to go wrong!

I guess lua error popups and obvious issues are gone, but there might be some details in the calculations that are off, some edge cases or some weird skills that cause issues.
    I guess once the missing adjustments to graph and buff uptime posting are done, we have a release candidate ;)

Thanks for the feedback :)
    Edited by Solinur on April 7, 2019 2:44PM
    Addon Author
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Note: I'll first finish the current version before I look into changes for Elsweyr.
    Addon Author
  • Letho2469
    Letho2469
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solinur wrote: »
    [...]
    [*] When right clicking a unit while in the DPS out panel, you can now post the DPS to that unit or all units that share that name. Big Thanks to @Letho for the idea and help with this.
    [...]

Thanks for implementing it so quickly =) Although the new loging functionality kinda makes it obsolete^^ LOGS ARE COMING TO ESO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
    Trial Progression:
    vAA: Hardmode
    vHRC: Hardmode
    vSO: Hardmode
    vMoL: Hardmode + dro-m'Athra-Destroyer
    vHoF: Hardmode + Tick Tock Tormentor
    vAS: Hardmode + Immortal Redeemer
    vCR: Hardmode + Gryphon Heart
    vSS: Hardmode
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go, this should be the final beta. Now I'll gather translations and then this should get released next week.

0.9.0 (beta4)

Download: https://solinur.de/Files/CombatMetrics-0.9.0_beta4.zip

Changes:
    • Buff uptime from the "(De-)buffs out" panel can now also be directly posted for all bosses or group members without the need to select them in the unit panel first
    • When posting data for one unit only, the name of that unit is shown.
    • When in a healing category, the "(De-)buffs out" panel now also considers the uptime of the yourself
    • Added a change that hopefully fixes issues with Briarheart and similar buffs.
    • Added a cursor with a tooltip that shows the exact numbers. It can be toggled on an off by the cursor icon next to the enlarge button.
    • Fixed an issue with graph rescaling.
    • Added a tooltip to the groupbuff toggle in the graph panel
    • Fixed an issue where custom penetration values for crusher weren't loaded
    Edited by Solinur on April 17, 2019 10:28PM
    Addon Author
  • Maltheru
    Maltheru
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the work you are doing on this Solinur. I really like the graphs. They give a good insight into how your buffs are working. I use Briarheart and was wondering what the issues are with that set? I've scrolled up the thread but may have missed where it is mentioned
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Briarheart used to show up with nearly 100% uptime, I haven't tested cmx with briarheart yet but it should actually show the time the set is actually proced now.

Also, i've been testing on pts and find that cmx doesn't track overhealing on it, which correct me if I'm wrong, isn't how it works on live right now. It makes it seem like heals are much weaker when instead its only showing the actual healing, making some of the burst heals i'm testing look a lot weaker.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Briarheart used to show up with nearly 100% uptime, I haven't tested cmx with briarheart yet but it should actually show the time the set is actually proced now.

Also, i've been testing on pts and find that cmx doesn't track overhealing on it, which correct me if I'm wrong, isn't how it works on live right now. It makes it seem like heals are much weaker when instead its only showing the actual healing, making some of the burst heals i'm testing look a lot weaker.

That's interesting. I'll have a look on it and will make it so that it works like usual until I can show separate stats on it.
    Addon Author
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't tried the new beta here but is the crit hit damage from khajiit and the minor force from tzogvins showing up properly? I also discovered that the 5-15% crit hit damage from archers mind does not show up in a previous build of this add-on.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't tried the new beta here but is the crit hit damage from khajiit and the minor force from tzogvins showing up properly? I also discovered that the 5-15% crit hit damage from archers mind does not show up in a previous build of this add-on.

Beta is finished. this got just added to ESOUI, including the crit damage issue
    Addon Author
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far things have looked good on live with the new patch. With the changes to how the api provides heal data it is nice seeing just how much overhealing i'm doing, but i'm guessing now its a lot more work if impossible to get the true heal values?