Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are You Feeling Event Fatigue?

Nestor
Nestor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
We will have had 21 or so weeks of events in the past 33. Are we having too many events, just enough or do we need more?

https://massivelyop.com/2019/04/17/tamriel-infinium-are-elder-scrolls-online-events-too-much-of-a-good-thing/
Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Are You Feeling Event Fatigue? 283 votes

Not Enough Events
4%
deadsheepb14_ESOotis67RedTalonMadyStonen80ub17_ESODarkhorse1975Asyslassitershawnconnor22843PulqueHaojinHailSirKnight 12 votes
Just About the Right Amount of Events
12%
NestorJarndyceJD2013TanadrielKemenrilagegartonMelilottaEasily_LostDaimmyoRaddlemanNumber7Consum98PocketAces13xbMarcoPolo184El_BorrachoAuraNebulaPrayingSeraphWildRaptorXayu_feverHotdog_23moses1763 35 votes
Too Many Events
65%
ImrylltheskymovesSolarikenKikazaruvailjohn_ESOMoloch1514DarcyMardinninibiniIruil_ESOTurelusAlienSlofMaottikwisatzSpacegatoKnootewootLauranaeAsha_11_ESOMitrengacheeseaddictLarsS 184 votes
What's an Event?
3%
leeuxsiddiqueTyharTasearBekkaeldracul813magueTensarAznarbLybal 10 votes
I Like Pie
14%
navystylz_ESOSythen88411MisterBigglesworthAcrolasCoatmagicstarlizard70ub17_ESOManwithBeard9BazdaAcharnorInrealitySilentRaven1972kylewwefanDojohodaNeoealthBartuWise_WillmoonpawcSydneyGreybarney2525Panzanella 42 votes
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too Many Events
    That last writ one burnt me out. ill just wait till the last one where everything is available then burn myself out again.
  • Myrkgrav
    Myrkgrav
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it gets a bit overwhelming only because of the crap low drop rate. I'd rather have a guaranteed something to do. That being said, I've gotten all the set pieces so far.
    Morty | ♂ | @morti_macabre | PC NA | EST
    Member of Knights of the Sanguine, Sheogorath's Mortals & Sword Coast Traders
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I Like Pie
    I am having poll fatigue

They need all these events because of the event tickets though. If you're tired with it, just don't take part. No reason to become concerned.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's an Event?
    I dont care about events. Eat the cake everyday once. I don't feel the compulsion to do whatever they want me to do.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Too Many Events
    Haven't logged in for a few days now. Don't care about the motifs and lost interests in the mounts. Especially when there is a queue involved.

I'll try again this weekend. Oh wait, I'm gone for the weekend.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Like Pie
    I'm ok with the events, just getting a little frustrated about grinding for boxes and getting nothing but water and clean pelts.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    I am having poll fatigue

They need all these events because of the event tickets though. If you're tired with it, just don't take part. No reason to become concerned.

The events are to drive log ins, if they back fire and drive folks from the game, or do not generate the interest they are intended to, it can become an issue.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too Many Events
    I stopped doing events when they announced the berry *** at the begin of the year. The game has more often running an event than not having an event by now. It became exhausting to me so I stopped participating in general.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I Like Pie
    So burnt out on back to back to back.... events, I'm not even sure what I answered.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Jarndyce
    Jarndyce
    ✭✭✭
    No. Five year anniversary should have a lot of events, imho. Experience boost is nice and free stuff. 🙂👍
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too Many Events
    I’ve opted out of this event and played like it’s not happening. It’s been nice, but it doesn’t help the feeling of event fatigue because all 5 of my guild chats are focused on the quests, the boxes, the drop rate of Lyris pages compared to Prophet, which zones, which bosses, and on and on. Every. Night.

I’m over it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too Many Events
    Yeah, I quit.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine.

I participate in what I want to, and don't participate in what I don't want to.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too Many Events
    Events need to feel... eventful.

They no longer do.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • deadsheepb14_ESO
    deadsheepb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not Enough Events
    More events! More XP boosts! More free stuff! If you're feeling burned out, you don't have to do them. Exercise some self-control.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too Many Events
    Wh... Wha... What is Fatigue...? I am so tired *breathes heavily*
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 17, 2019 7:02PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too Many Events
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Haven't logged in for a few days now. Don't care about the motifs and lost interests in the mounts. Especially when there is a queue involved.

I'll try again this weekend. Oh wait, I'm gone for the weekend.

That's the opposite of what these events with tickets seem designed to do - generate consistent log-ins. Too many events, and people can burn out.

Also, some people seem to only be thinking about the Anniversary event, but OP is talking about the cadence of events since last fall, which has been way too many for me. Sure, I've participated in all of them to one degree or another, and have earned lots of event tickets, but I do think fatigue is setting in. I'm looking forward to the Anniversary event being over and having a few weeks before Elsweyr's launch.

Regarding the Anniversary event in particular, I went all out during the 1st week, but have been more lax during this second week. My spouse and I have done WBs almost exclusively, and we've been doing less and less each day. On the weekend, we threw in the Geysers and a couple of delves.

Taking week 3 off, as I don't PvP. Then, during week 4, we'll see if my spouse and I are up to a few dungeons. We just do them together, so we're usually limited to just one per day, which is fine.

Then, week 5 I'll go all out again and will undoubtedly get most of the pages and should be able to afford the rest due to the heavy farming that will happen that last week.

Then, break time!
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 17, 2019 7:12PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I Like Pie
    I got the prophets pages pretty quick. Haven’t got a single lyriss page. Totally skipped the thieves guild/brotherhood Heist/Sacrement thing

It’s all I can do to eat the cake and get a ticket.

No need for xp anymore really.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's an Event?
    I don't care about events, to be completely honest... if the event consist of something I like to do, I do it... if not, I completely ignore it
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Pulque
    Pulque
    ✭✭✭
    Not Enough Events
    Rly? No one forces you to do these events right?
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    I love all of the events. I don't happen to enjoy the current delve quest thing, but it's fine. I'm ignoring that part and will be all over the bg /cyrodiil week. Nothing says we have to do them all. :smile:
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too Many Events
    Events are one of the reasons I haven't pre-ordered Elsweyr. I have a lot of underdeveloped characters that I still need to work on, who have been running around thieving, throwing flower petals, and rescuing pigs. They probably would have progressed more by now if they were farming gear, collecting skill points, practicing their rotations, and running dungeons. I'm thinking I should finish them before I even think of picking up a new class and more content.

Also, I do feel a bit burned out on carrots. Not so much the prizes as the awareness that, however indirectly, I'm chasing them rather than simply playing the game. I used to enjoy logging in every day just because I felt like it. Now that I do it with the thought that it's "for the tickets," somehow it's not quite the same, and 5 weeks straight is quite a lot. I may just take a break once the Anniversary Event is over, skip the release of Elsweyr, and pick the game up again in the Fall.

I think for people who love the events, though, and especially for those who wouldn't log in otherwise, they are great. "Too many events for me" is not the same as "more events than Zenimax should offer anyone." The game certainly isn't about me, and I'm not forced to participate. I'm thankful for the two Indriks, which I did want and which were, to me, worth the hoops they have us jump through to get them. I'm just ready for a lengthy break after this.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its nice we have many calendar events. You don't have to partake but its pleasant knowing you can mostly anytime of the year. If it gets a little overwhelming take a little break. We all need one from time to time.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I Like Pie
    Nestor wrote: »
    I am having poll fatigue

The events are to drive log ins, if they back fire and drive folks from the game, or do not generate the interest they are intended to, it can become an issue.

Seems to be no sign of that happening though. Numbers are up. Participation is optional. Albeit servers are struggling. But your poll was asking if players are tired of events or not.

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too Many Events
    Stopped doing them. Who cares. The delve world boss one in particular. It’s boring solo and boring with friends. No one I know is doing them.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on April 17, 2019 7:43PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's an Event?
    I took a break on week 2. It's outfit styles so can just collect what I like and not worry about crafting.

I think enjoy double xp instead of trying hoard motifs.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Like Pie
    Not half as much as I am feeling ***-RNG-fatigue
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too Many Events
    Yeah too many for my liking. I said long ago I didn't want ESO to become like SWTOR where we had so many events it detracted from time playing the parts of the game you want to be playing, and this year has somewhat felt that way.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I Like Pie
    Pie VS Event

Pie > Event

Pie wins

Pie first, Pie During Event, Pie After

3 Pie
    1 Event

Pie wins

P I E
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Like Pie
    I am having poll fatigue

This