Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RIP MAGBLADE

Victor_Blade
Victor_Blade
✭✭✭✭
So zos has finally done it. Magblade which was already barely limping in pvp is finally dead. Pft 30% damage on bow as heal if you're in 7m radius. Pft dark cloak heals 4.5% of your max health over 8 secs. For real Zos? You're nerfing an already stupidly weak hot for which nightblades have to drop invisibility?????? No heals, no buffs and a bunch of nerfs which makes no cloak pvp(or even cloak spamming) difficult. Now if I just go and gank an afk person and run away then you nerf us even more? What do you want us to do? You've already brought us to the point where we can't even walk near a keep without cloaking and boi let's not talk about how sorcs can shield stack and then hide behind pets. Dks don't reflect but 50% damage migitation + fire orbs projectile for 6 seconds. Sorcs get damage boost. Dks get a bunch of damage buffs and survavility from melee and ranged characters. Templars got damage buffs and their spear now stuns longer. And you take our minor berserk and add a 30% heal on bow proc? Are you trying to make a joke? Why would a magblade play in 7m range? I see your assassin thing going on but what after I shoot my bow? Someone roots us and does 3 light attack and we die. I was expecting some buffs to magblade cos it's one of the worst class in 1v1 and the absolute worst in outnumbered unless they cloak spam and run away(which often fails aswell). I was kind of excited when you said "changes to classes to make it more in line with other characters"? What balance? Nb tanks are trash, nightblade healers are thrasher than trash. At one point I changed my magblade to a healer and got kicked from a pug trial groups cos I was nightblade. Malevolent offering is a heal? I mean yeah but boo hoo nobody wants a healer that ends up dying to a mob attack in trials just cos he tried to heal someone. Nightblades were all about dps but now you're trying to bring it in line with other classes in terms of dps. So tell me if sorcs and dks do the same dps then why would someone play a nightblade? Dks can do dps but they excel at tanking. Templars can do dps as high as nightblades lol and they can heal the entire groups while they're playing as dds. Either change this or give us a class exchange token cos my magblade is my first ever character and I don't want to stop playing my character just cos pve players complain how magblades are doing so much dps and then you nerf them in a way that effects them less in pve and more in pvp where they're absolutely trash. Good day!
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perfect.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did paragraphs get nerfed as well?
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry for your loss but we all have to adapt eventually. Things will or wont get better depending on how you approach these changes.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

Apparently so. I got to maybe the fourth sentence until I realized it was a ranty wall of text.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Natch potes had 44 pages and got nerfed too. Bet they nerfed OP's paragraphs too.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gg
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm mostly wondering why it heals now even though it's not a siphon ability even though that's the skill line that's more about like. getting heals/doing heals. Kinda seems like a mess to me.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    👍
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to love magnb in pvp, but haven't played that toon in months. With the new changes, looks like there's even less reason to come to pvp with it.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So zos has finally done it. Magblade which was already barely limping in pvp is finally dead. Pft 30% damage on bow as heal if you're in 7m radius. Pft dark cloak heals 4.5% of your max health over 8 secs. For real Zos? You're nerfing an already stupidly weak hot for which nightblades have to drop invisibility?????? No heals, no buffs and a bunch of nerfs which makes no cloak pvp(or even cloak spamming) difficult. Now if I just go and gank an afk person and run away then you nerf us even more? What do you want us to do? You've already brought us to the point where we can't even walk near a keep without cloaking and boi let's not talk about how sorcs can shield stack and then hide behind pets. Dks don't reflect but 50% damage migitation + fire orbs projectile for 6 seconds. Sorcs get damage boost. Dks get a bunch of damage buffs and survavility from melee and ranged characters. Templars got damage buffs and their spear now stuns longer. And you take our minor berserk and add a 30% heal on bow proc? Are you trying to make a joke? Why would a magblade play in 7m range? I see your assassin thing going on but what after I shoot my bow? Someone roots us and does 3 light attack and we die. I was expecting some buffs to magblade cos it's one of the worst class in 1v1 and the absolute worst in outnumbered unless they cloak spam and run away(which often fails aswell). I was kind of excited when you said "changes to classes to make it more in line with other characters"? What balance? Nb tanks are trash, nightblade healers are thrasher than trash. At one point I changed my magblade to a healer and got kicked from a pug trial groups cos I was nightblade. Malevolent offering is a heal? I mean yeah but boo hoo nobody wants a healer that ends up dying to a mob attack in trials just cos he tried to heal someone. Nightblades were all about dps but now you're trying to bring it in line with other classes in terms of dps. So tell me if sorcs and dks do the same dps then why would someone play a nightblade? Dks can do dps but they excel at tanking. Templars can do dps as high as nightblades lol and they can heal the entire groups while they're playing as dds. Either change this or give us a class exchange token cos my magblade is my first ever character and I don't want to stop playing my character just cos pve players complain how magblades are doing so much dps and then you nerf them in a way that effects them less in pve and more in pvp where they're absolutely trash. Good day!
    I completely agree with everything you said here I been playing eso and nb only since console release if nb so bad to the point of unplayable I’m ending my subscription I don’t care for the other classes including necromancer which I won’t be buying as well if my nb trash
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭

It isn't an appealing topic and I was almost at the point of losing it cos I've played my magblade for a while and it really hurt watching how zos keeps nerfing an already underperforming class and doesn't do much about op classes like stamblade.

My bad if you had trouble understanding what I said.
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrGraves wrote: »
    I'm mostly wondering why it heals now even though it's not a siphon ability even though that's the skill line that's more about like. getting heals/doing heals. Kinda seems like a mess to me.

That's zos just being lazy. They don't even know why stamblades are overperforming so they just nerf whatever class skill/passive they feel like hoping it effects stamblades as well. But it only hurts magblade lol
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone clarify what changes the OP is actually talking about here pls?
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bow proc change is just plain dumb. Imagine if vigor worked the same. No one would use it, and if these changes happen it will be another wasted skill. Rip magblade
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree with everything you said here I been playing eso and nb only since console release if nb so bad to the point of unplayable I’m ending my subscription I don’t care for the other classes including necromancer which I won’t be buying as well if my nb trash

I did buy elsweyr and that's my thing. I do love the nb class but I love my character more. And I don't want to stop maining it. If zos just gives out class change tokens then a lot of the problems would be solved.

They can nerf any class and I wouldn't care but the condition in while they've left magblade is really disheartening. My mate who used to play a magdk just saw how great nb is and he made a magblade but struggles in all of the snares and roots in no cp cyro. A nightblade outside cloak is basically free ap(or in cloak cos of the number of counters cloak has). That's how weak the class is. With the lack of hots/mobility any good class can become trash and any trash class can become good.
    Edited by Victor_Blade on April 15, 2019 10:29PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5b7faac2d3fed286182d40d85ec0e81a.gif
    Why+do+we+use+paragraphs.jpg

i did read your OP though...all these constant changes are pretty challenging to keep up with...builds only last six months or so...

it's tough committing to a build and playstyle - then, seeing it trashed or perverted in the name of "balance"...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 15, 2019 10:47PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Daniel94
    Daniel94
    ✭✭
    I have 2 option. 1 my magblade becomes a crafter and never play it again, is good I already have the skillpoints needed on him.... and create a sorc or something to main, or option 2 uninstall the game because I can not adapt to this, sorry. I suck even in pve as magblade and they nerfed it more. Very nice.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe the advantage of a Night Blade is suppose to be that they can do more dps than other classes. It's their ability to stealth and sneak around.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 15, 2019 11:04PM
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously why do they keep nerfing magblade when they're already weak? I love my magblade so I won't stop playing him, but there's not really any reason to play him over my sorc or wardens anymore. They keep taking all the stuff that makes them good and/or fun to play then lighting it on fire. Also did they forget the slow projectile crap they did to the bow proc? That makes having a heal on it when in close range kinda dumb imo. In pvp people will just dodge it, and in pve it won't really be needed. Hopefully the proposed changes will be tweaked because these are just plain rude.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ye rip magblade. Zos have finally done it. The class has never been in a worse place before.
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on April 15, 2019 11:09PM