The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Outfit system : hide tabard

Sarousse
Sarousse
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno

Please, please, please ask devs to add this option, everyone is asking for it.

The armor chests are so nice, and we want to show them while having our guildtag above our head, not having them being hidden by awful tabards.

Thanks !
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something that gets brought up in my PvP guild a lot. Being able to show guild identity is fantastic, but a lot of us don't really want to try to match our outfits with our tabards, or we feel that the tabards themselves conflict with our overall desired aesthetic. With the nameplates update showing guild affiliation via tabards, it would be great to be able to hide the tabard itself while keeping that functionality.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please, please, please ask devs to add this option, everyone is asking for it.

The armor chests are so nice, and we want to show them while having our guildtag above our head, not having them being hidden by awful tabards.

Thanks !

Actually, I would like an "always see tabard" option so that it shows up over costumes.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. This is desperately needed and was overlooked IMO when they created the outfit system.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    add option to social settings allowing player to choose which guild appears on nameplate, make guild tabard override social setting and problem solved :) wear tabard if you want it visible or take it off if you want armour visible and allow social settings to display you guild of choice.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to have options

eg

Overwrite tabard
    Never overwrite tabard
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AoYjv_f-maxage-0.gif
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really really really like this.

Seriously a "hide tabard" option (and make tabards show over costumes) would totally work. Or just let us set which guild shows in our nameplate without the tabard.. or *something*
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.
  • X_LadyPhoenix_X
    X_LadyPhoenix_X
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I've been saying this for years! Yes, please. I like having my guild show over my head, but wear a costume to hide the tabard! But now with the outfit system, there is so much I want to tryout outfit wise, but don't because my tabard hides it.
    Mistress of Shadows (GM) <ShadowKnight Syndicate>
    an active,adult only, social guild that dabbles in everything on PS4 NA, Est. Oct. 2015
    For the Pact!
    ---
    Master Thief
    ---
    | Lady Phœnix ~ Nord DK | Yelena Elethea ~ High Elf Templar | Stalks-among-Shadows ~ Argonian NB | Inyoni Yezulu ~ Redgaurd Sorc |
    | Chändra Nälaar ~ Dark Elf DK | Elora de Danan ~ Breton Sorc | Velia Vixen ~ Wood Elf Warden | Serephina Valyrin ~ Imperial DK |
    ---
    PSN: X_LadyPhoenix_X
  • Crusades
    Crusades
    ✭✭
    I too would like this option
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed! What is the point when tabard ruins my outfit! Plus they're fugly anyway with minimal options etc.

Why not have Nameplates Display Guild Select guild number.

Tabard: Hide/Show

Seriously. It's long past due!
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agreed. Please give us a "hide tabard" button like the hide helmet one!
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. The tabard was - ok I guess - when there was zero character customization options, but the game has evolved so much since then.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would love this
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game really needs this option
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    I have legit not made many "outfits" due to this. I know all styles and have gathered many of the outfit style pages. Still refuse to use the system for anything other than weapon modifications due to the guild tabard being displayed over the outfit. This should have been an option from day 1 of outfit system. I would really love for this change to happen.
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    We definitely need this quality of life improvement!!! As a Officer, I would love to represent my guild while maintaining my character's "personal" story, both ON AND OFF the battlefields ! Pretty please ZOS!
  • DestructoKitty
    Yes please! I want to represent my guild and see my fashion choices!
  • TumlinTheJolly
    TumlinTheJolly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!
  • Jazz_Funk
    Jazz_Funk
    ✭✭✭
    My PvP guild insists that your tabard must show, which is understandable but when people have made cool looking outfits that get covered by a tabard (that makes the chest appear like a black t-shirt under the tabard) it puts you off creating outfits. Flip side of the coin and is just as bad is I can’t wear a costume in PvP because no tabard shows. Would be nice if you could sort out both sides of the coin and whilst you’re at it fix the issue with tattoos not showing up on vampires.
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    Yes please!
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Requesting it from a while now, cant come soon enough.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    add option to social settings allowing player to choose which guild appears on nameplate, make guild tabard override social setting and problem solved :) wear tabard if you want it visible or take it off if you want armour visible and allow social settings to display you guild of choice.

Good one! Of course, it's only visible to those using nameplates.

Hmm, guild hats?

No, no no...
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Zeioja
    Zeioja
    I would even be happy if they added a new tabard that was invisable, I'll respend the 2k gold per character to have my guild name and my outfits.
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am totally in favor of both, hiding guild tabbards with our outfits, AND the option to hide that unsavory armor piece that hangs from the hips on our chest armor. ZoS will be the REAL MVPs if they give those two options
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Show/hide tabard over armor and costumes, please! Actually - show/hide all apparel!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    Show/hide tabard over armor and costumes, please! Actually - show/hide all apparel!

Was going to say something about shoulders,but you beat me to it.