The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 26

Login Queue??!

Jeezye
Jeezye
✭✭✭✭✭
What the hell is going on, first time in five years that I'm trying to login and face a login queue (currently 8:30 pm friday EU)? 8 minutes is actually enough to watch a series instead given the high amounts of time I get disconnected/ kicked when playing. Did the servers just come up?

EDIT: Actually you can skip queue if you get kicked from the server so its not that big of a deal. Link to Matts post:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/467936/pc-eu-server-update-april-11
Edited by Jeezye on April 12, 2019 7:16PM
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MattFiror : I don't pay subscription fee to wait in a queue. Please fix your load issue! :(
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They turned on the log in queue yesterday.

    You can read about it here:

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/467936/pc-eu-server-update-april-11/p1

  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano , don't care about why's! We live in Cloud IT age, this is BS.
    Edited by Gelmir on April 12, 2019 6:40PM
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    Approximate wait time: 30 secs, and waiting at that number?! Now this is ridiculous!

    EDIT: Ok, finally in.
    Edited by Gelmir on April 12, 2019 6:45PM
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • Tamrik
    Tamrik
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed it's annoying having to queue, but they've released a statement as to why is happening and are working on getting the servers upped to handle to increased load.

    Look at it as a good thing though, as more people are enjoying and playing the game, which in turns adds more life to the world and means content etc will keep being added at the rate we've come to expect.

    None of us want to queue to get online at peak times, but it's happening and it will be fixed as soon as they're able to do so and after that, everything will be back to normal and the player base will be increased
    Edited by Tamrik on April 12, 2019 6:47PM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually pretty happy there's a queue. What, would u rather play on a broken megaserver filled with issues?

    Not to mention that there are tons of new players flooding in. LOVE IT.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queue is great because I have reminded myself that there are some other games which are great and I can save 14e/month on my subscription. They are making milions every month on subscription and crowns with relatively small team working on this game and still they can't afford a proper hosting and most funny is that there are still people who white knight this xD
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kilnerdyne wrote: »
    What they confirmed was not infact a surge in playerbase but instead the fact that the game is declining in population & have moved the PC Servers to a lower hardware configuration. This was done during a transition at the end of January.

    They most likely re-allocated the premium servers they own to another Zenimax/Bethesda company service, or sold/rented them on to a 3rd party company for another game. Either way the service we have now especially on PC EU is not even close to the performance we had pre-January. Which is saying something because the service/performance prior wasn't fantastic either.

    PC NA most likely haven't noticed because they only have to deal with the Japanese (JP) & Central/Southern America playerbase whereas PC EU has alot of the African/Oceanic/Asian playerbase + a larger playerbase in general.

    TL;DR They are running the game on minimum resources to maximize cash & trying to flip it to market it as a positive.

    Man no wonder aluminum foil costs a fortune these days.... when everybody has a tin foil hat.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilnerdyne wrote: »
    What they confirmed was not infact a surge in playerbase but instead the fact that the game is declining in population & have moved the PC Servers to a lower hardware configuration. This was done during a transition at the end of January.

    They most likely re-allocated the premium servers they own to another Zenimax/Bethesda company service, or sold/rented them on to a 3rd party company for another game. Either way the service we have now especially on PC EU is not even close to the performance we had pre-January. Which is saying something because the service/performance prior wasn't fantastic either.

    PC NA most likely haven't noticed because they only have to deal with the Japanese (JP) & Central/Southern America playerbase whereas PC EU has alot of the African/Oceanic/Asian playerbase + a larger playerbase in general.

    TL;DR They are running the game on minimum resources to maximize cash & trying to flip it to market it as a positive.

    According to Matts post this is total BS, ironically the opposite is true. Spread your hate elsewhere
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    What the hell is going on, first time in five years that I'm trying to login and face a login queue (currently 8:30 pm friday EU)? 8 minutes is actually enough to watch a series instead given the high amounts of time I get disconnected/ kicked when playing. Did the servers just come up?

    EDIT: Actually you can skip queue if you get kicked from the server so its not that big of a deal. Link to Matts post:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/467936/pc-eu-server-update-april-11
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilnerdyne wrote: »
    It's just mind-boggling that they have any paying customers left at all. If the game didn't have the Elder Scrolls name in it it would have been dead as a dodo years ago due to the constant incompetence of the decisions made or not made.
    You overestimate average gamer's IQ and lets be honest here - there is no other branch where you can completly disrespect your customer and get away with this like in gaming industry ;-)
  • Komputerheld
    Komputerheld
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, you´re not serious. The solutions is a queue? In eastern Germany, there has been queues for bananas. Long ago.
  • Larry78
    Larry78
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't play like month or so and this is pretty new for me ^^ Never saw it before

    nFC76Rd.jpg

    and i guess there is still Cyro queue so im out, for an casual player that's too much :-)
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is what it is people, bitching and moaning about it won't log you in quicker. They have made a statement as to the reasons so deal with it.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is still an issue in PC EU Central EU timezone.

    Why no fix is there yet?
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldartar wrote: »
    It is what it is people, bitching and moaning about it won't log you in quicker. They have made a statement as to the reasons so deal with it.

    And be sure to buy some Crowns for Crown Crates while you wait. 😐
    PC-NA
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Eldartar wrote: »
    It is what it is people, bitching and moaning about it won't log you in quicker. They have made a statement as to the reasons so deal with it.

    And be sure to buy some Crowns for Crown Crates while you wait. 😐

    Yeah how about? NO! XD
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • NWOMark
    NWOMark
    ✭✭
    No fix yet! And fix will not come even
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Eldartar wrote: »
    It is what it is people, bitching and moaning about it won't log you in quicker. They have made a statement as to the reasons so deal with it.

    And be sure to buy some Crowns for Crown Crates while you wait. 😐

    Nice idea for scroll of login queue skipping.
    For just 50 crowns you can skip login queue for a day ( 13€/30day ) and you can use this service just if you are ESO+ user!

  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    I'm actually pretty happy there's a queue. What, would u rather play on a broken megaserver filled with issues?

    Not to mention that there are tons of new players flooding in. LOVE IT.

    Man no wonder aluminum foil costs a fortune these days.... when everybody has a tin foil hat.
    Facts dont care about your feelings.

    just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There is already an ongoing thread for discussing the login queues on the PC-EU megaserver. For this reason we will be closing this discussion. You are welcome to continue commentary in the thread linked below.

    PC-EU Server Update - April 11
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.