Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should there be a Vampire Rework?

• XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Please state in comments why
    In my opinion, being a vampire must change your playstyle, so you choose to be a vampire because you like new playstyle or you like aesthetic, like with werewolfs now, and not because of free passives or OP skill.
    As i see it, the playstyle must be around feeding, both in combat and outside of it.

And i definitely against Vampire Lord ultimate, i don't want to be forced to play as a Vampire Lord. If some one want to look like Vampire Lord from Skyrim then polymorph can be an option.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daveywavey wrote: »
    leeux wrote: »
    I'd like to be it reworked so that the people that doesn't want to be vamp and had to take the sour pill and be one just because of the passives for magicka build, can chose not to be one and still have the regen or some of the benefits from some other source.

I may have read this wrong, but it sounds like you want to have Vampire Passives without being a Vampire?

Nope... just the regen, which is not specifically vampire... it's just a random buff everyone needs in these times of low sustain.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tjcd wrote: »
    How funny it is when people yelling for vampire rework but no one mentioned that vampires should suffer from sunlight as they should. ;)

I'm fine with that, if they also get stronger at night as they should :hushed:
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, please state in comments why
    More pew pew less que que. Even if changes are warranted which I don’t think they are we don’t need more changes leading to more bugs. Changes means nerfs and after 4.5 years playing this game nerfs have only hurt this game and bugs have doubled that hurt.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • omarxz11
    omarxz11
    ✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    Too many people want the sparkley vampire from twilight and I want Dracula from the Castlevania game.

i would say castlevania is better story than twilight xD
  • omarxz11
    omarxz11
    ✭✭
    Let us hide vampirism.

remember the thing that makes ESO special is RPG element , otherwise i would say never let NB to tank or heal
  • omarxz11
    omarxz11
    ✭✭
    Zatox wrote: »
    Fighters Guild skill line should be disabled for vampires. But give them some new abilities instead.

and templar shouldn't able to be vampire too since its butcher the lore
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passives are almost fine, fire damage needs to be toned down, but there needs to be better abilities or more. Bat swarm needs to be either reworked or replaced to something funner.
    Royaji wrote: »
    Considering 80% of PvE population is a vampire? No, not really. They are ok. Maybe just fix the way they look.

That because you not given any real penalties to be either werewolf in human form or vampire at base stage. But the positives make it useful and fun for some with certain builds.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're fine as is. Nothing much to say really.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Morphs please. Would offer a bit more utility into it.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Stamina Morphs please. Would offer a bit more utility into it.

One of the few yes, that I could actually support. For the Love of the Divines though, NO WW knock off reworks
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Considering 80% of PvE population is a vampire? No, not really. They are ok. Maybe just fix the way they look.
    Yep, pretty much the only drawback of vamp is little bit of fire dmg (with CP it almost does not matter) and how vamp characters look like. If ZOS would add "hide vampirism" option, then vamp % usage will jump to something like 99% of players...
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's time to make vampires great again for the first time in ESO.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently it’s mostly about passives when it should be about playstyle...
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But only if they sparkle.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires are overtuned imo in passives and boring in actives. There is pretty much no reason NOT to be a vampire in PvE. You take a little bit more fire damage but gain 10% more recovery and mitigation at low HP if you want. Imo the passives need to be made active only when vampire abilities are slotted OR the fire damage weakness needs to be substantially increased (like 30%, 40%, 50% weaker at stages II, III, and IV respectively). I'd prefer the later option, risk vs reward, but might be way too painful in PvP. In return, vampire should get three more active abilities (especially if one needs to be slotted). Make it more interesting to play and actively strong, not just a passive you take to buff your stats.

Random active ideas:
    An ability with a synergy that is much more effective when used by other vampires
    A strong physical damaging ability - no reason vampires should be magic only
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Xarcus wrote: »
    Vampire are too op.
    they need to be more vulnerable to the fire or at least the skills of the warriors's guild.

we vampires are OP? ha ..

590.gif

on the contrary sir, infact we die to fire almost instantly
    and it does hurt and kill us within a few soconds in PvP and PvE

and as far as the whole idea of being over Powered as you suggest

i would love to see the reason you think we are over powered and what skill it might be that makes us overpowered.

go ahead my good man, please do show us ...

My vampire went from stage one to stage two during a random normal that I've been tanking - and I felt the additional fire damage. It's a pvp char that I do random normals on to slowly level Undaunted.

As for vampires rework, the only thing they need is a Mortal's Mask skin and thats all.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires are overtuned imo in passives and boring in actives. There is pretty much no reason NOT to be a vampire in PvE. You take a little bit more fire damage but gain 10% more recovery and mitigation at low HP if you want. Imo the passives need to be made active only when vampire abilities are slotted OR the fire damage weakness needs to be substantially increased (like 30%, 40%, 50% weaker at stages II, III, and IV respectively). I'd prefer the later option, risk vs reward, but might be way too painful in PvP. In return, vampire should get three more active abilities (especially if one needs to be slotted). Make it more interesting to play and actively strong, not just a passive you take to buff your stats.

Random active ideas:
    An ability with a synergy that is much more effective when used by other vampires
    A strong physical damaging ability - no reason vampires should be magic only

Let's not go overboard, I'd like to see the vampire line improved, but not at the cost of everyone's favorite build. I'm super happy with my current spec, being forced to slot a vampire ability would be annoying. And the firedamage is already too painful in PvP, increasing it any further would spell the end of vampires in PvP.

I'd like to see the same passives, but scaling so that it promotes you to feed rather than starve. Reworked active abilities except mist form which is fine, and a reworked ultimate. Vampire Lord has been mentioned, I personally wouldn't use it but it makes sense.
    Most importantly I'd like them to update the looks of the vampire so it doesn't look so terrible and more akin to the Skyrim vampires.
    3f5fa9c6-04ff-49b3-b4a7-c9961832d38c.jpg
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    omarxz11 wrote: »
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    Too many people want the sparkley vampire from twilight and I want Dracula from the Castlevania game.

i would say castlevania is better story than twilight xD

Ya Twilight is a vampire story for beta males.

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So long as they never return to what they were around launch, I don't care. I remember bashing at resource doors to keep enemy vamps from getting inside. There could be 20 of us inside, but once a vamp got inside and used their ult, it wasn't long before we were all toast.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on April 9, 2019 1:23PM
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires should lose the fighter's guild skill line. They don't need any buffs.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Currently it’s mostly about passives when it should be about playstyle...

My point exactly! People just care about the passives, especially in PVE. I genuinely don't see anyone use any of the skills.

The most playstyle altering thing is that fire is a big no no, oh wait if you go dunmer thats the playstyle gone.

Werewolves COMPLETELY change how you play the game , unlocking the transformation with the whole new set of abilities.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with it functionally..

% increase to recovery Stam/Magicka
    % Stealth run speed
    Undeath
    % decrease to health recovery
    % debuff to fire damage

Mist form is in the right hands , god mode.
    Drain essence does not scale well and needs to be looked at.
    Bats is ok as a survival tool, but not that great as a damage ult.

If there are any changes I think Drain essence needs to be looked at.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • BreakingBats
    BreakingBats
    ✭✭✭
    Bats and mist form are pretty OP if you use them right. Talking strictly pvp though.

Here's some shameless self promotion as proof of said OP skills. Skip to 2:20 to see a great example of vamp skills destroying in a 1v7

https://youtu.be/u2X1Kr-vLos
    Play Solo
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing that really should be done is just minor fixes to the current skills and passives.

Vampires aren't the same as wolves, the whole vampire lord thing needs to go away. That's not what vampires in tes are...

Being a vampire should simply be a choice with some benefits and burdens. I would argue the passives are too good currently... you see vamps everywhere.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Stx wrote: »

Being a vampire should simply be a choice with some benefits and burdens. I would argue the passives are too good currently... you see vamps everywhere.

Not really, that was months ago. Now with the recent changes resulting in the extra fire damage you see less and less. In PvP they are now a rarity while werewolves are everywhere.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think so. Vampire is used predominetly by Sorcs, DKs and Templars because lots of self healing/defense help vampire builds, plus it gives maneuverability.

If they’re going to do class changes rebalancing vampire at the same time is a bad idea. Maybe after the class changes go live and have been tweaked take a look at it.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 12, 2019 3:13PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten