Updating Elven Hero Costume for Summerset Chapter

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't really need to have the parts that require cloth physics, just the base outfit would be nice.

Edit: Specifically, v39HBSg.jpg

I would probably buy it a second time as an alternate version if they did that, while hopefully updating the metal to be shinier with all dyes and making those awful huge packs and belt buckle smaller. This isn't the rodeo.
    I definitely like the trailer version better than the in game version.

You missed a few differences though. The boot armor is less. The amulet hanging from her neck is different. The packs are smaller.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on May 29, 2018 8:55AM
  • veloSylraptor
    veloSylraptor
    ✭✭✭
    They don't really need to have the parts that require cloth physics, just the base outfit would be nice.

I would probably buy it a second time as an alternate version if they did that, while hopefully updating the metal to be shinier with all dyes and making those awful huge packs and belt buckle smaller. This isn't the rodeo.
    I definitely like the trailer version better than the in game version.

You missed a few differences though. The boot armor is less. The amulet hanging from her neck is different. The packs are smaller.

Yeah, I may have not marked some differences where I liked them as a stylistic choice, like the extra armor plating. My main problem with the current version is that it "simplifies" (for lack of a better word) the outfit. The breaks in clothing help break up the uniformity and continuity in the overall outfit, and I guess I like the added complexity. It also makes it look more like one simple outfit as opposed to an elaborate, expensive to manufacture, personally customized outfit and armor sets. Removing those breaks has the effect (to my eyes at least) of making the outfit more "mundane" so to speak, where as certain other changes do appeal to my stylistic senses.

Edit: and yeah, I would buy it a second time if they offered it... for 5000 - 10.000 crowns if that's what it takes.
    Edited by veloSylraptor on May 29, 2018 9:19AM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

perhaps due to a possible cellulite problem with our chars, they changed the look from sexy to .... boring???
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little disappointed to see this return to the Crown Store. I spent a lot to buy this costume when it first came out and it's what got me interested in playing before I subscribed. It felt rare before it hit the Crown Crates, then it seemed like everyone had it but now literally everyone WILL have it which is fine I guess, it is just a very unoriginal experience when you see several look-alikes in one place. It would be nice to have more options!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought this costume, too, when it was first released for 2k crowns. It didn't seem like many had bought it, since I don't recall seeing any other players' characters wearing it. I was happy when it released in the crates, because then at least people had a chance to get it if they missed it or weren't even playing when it first released.

I think it's cool that they've made it available again in the CS and on sale even (though I wish I could have bought it at that price). While this was undoubtedly released again to celebrate Summerset, it is still encouraging nonetheless that other limited-time items might make their way back to the Crown Store, even if they had ended up in the Crates. Also, we saw the BA motif, which was introduced in crates, later get released in the CS for a limited time.

I understand the desire for exclusivity. But, at the same time, I like the idea that people who weren't playing the first time around have a shot at getting a particular item.

Here's hoping that more limited time items make their way back to the CS.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think your character needs to be fairly tskinny to pull this costume off..
    My female chracters have curves in all the right places and this costume doesnt look particularly good on them...
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I bought this costume, too, when it was first released for 2k crowns. It didn't seem like many had bought it, since I don't recall seeing any other players' characters wearing it. I was happy when it released in the crates, because then at least people had a chance to get it if they missed it or weren't even playing when it first released.

I think it's cool that they've made it available again in the CS and on sale even (though I wish I could have bought it at that price). While this was undoubtedly released again to celebrate Summerset, it is still encouraging nonetheless that other limited-time items might make their way back to the Crown Store, even if they had ended up in the Crates. Also, we saw the BA motif, which was introduced in crates, later get released in the CS for a limited time.

I understand the desire for exclusivity. But, at the same time, I like the idea that people who weren't playing the first time around have a shot at getting a particular item.

Here's hoping that more limited time items make their way back to the CS.

You get an awesome from me. I totally agree and hope in the future more stuff will come back not attached to crates (or even after they've been in crates, like this costume).
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Adloquium
    Adloquium
    Tbh, as a new player who missed the chance to get the armor the first 2 times I'd be happy if they revamped the armor or if they give another chance at the original
    XBox (NA) ~ Adloquium l Lvl 24 l Dunmer NB Main
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GChaseXmas wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »

Well its obvious isnt it?

Three alliances.

Three heros.

Three leaders

Blue breton king
    Red nord king
    Yellow altmer queen

Breton hero
    Nord hero
    Elven hero

Hero embodies leader, waering leaders peoples gear, aligned to people.

Right I understand all that. But I was simply getting at why these three races were selected as the heroes/leaders, reps of their group and the like ... THAT I do not know. Could they have made the heroes and faction leaders Dunmer, Bosmer, Redguard? Maybe. It could be lore related but I’m unfamiliar with the lore. But that is neither here nor there. Personally it doesn’t really matter to me why. We have what we have and I’ve enjoyed the game and the Hero trailers. I just loved the trailer and am glad we got the hero costumes to begin with as they didn’t come out until some time after the game’s release. Was only bringing up this Discussion to see if the Elven Hero costume might get an update. Then I wondered if ANY of the costumes so far had been updated for whatever reason. This way I could put the likelihood of the elven Hero one being updated into perspective. My guess at the moment is that an update to the costume is highly unlikely.

They went with those races based on the races of each factions leader. I thought that was obvious.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adloquium wrote: »
    Tbh, as a new player who missed the chance to get the armor the first 2 times I'd be happy if they revamped the armor or if they give another chance at the original

They just had a sale for the Summerset release. You might have to wait a while for another sale or it to come back in the Crown Crates, unfortunately.
  • GChaseXmas
    GChaseXmas
    ✭✭✭

They went with those races based on the races of each factions leader. I thought that was obvious.

Yeah in hindsight I’m not even sure what I was getting at when I typed my original message. But I think I was just pondering why the creators even chose the three races they did as leaders in the first place. It’s always made sense why the heroes are the races of the leaders, I imagine I was more focused on how the leaders’ races were chosen. But in the end it’s irrelevant. Glad they chose an Altmer and Nord hero and happy they gave us costumes.
  • GChaseXmas
    GChaseXmas
    ✭✭✭
    Adloquium wrote: »

I always wondered if Zenimax would put together a special crown store month or even just a weekend, where they put up a large inventory of exclusives in the CS for a special holiday or something. But unless they do something like that, @VaranisArano is probably right and we won’t see it return for some time.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Going to shamelessly necro this and say that I want them thighs exposed goddamit!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • wodkamanostrab16_ESO
    Now that the hero costumes are coming back, can we please have a visual update of those?
    PC EU
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won’t happen. They do not edit existing assets unless it is a bug. Thank gods for that.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thighs have been covered for to long ZOS.