The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Making a Character

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So since I am an active student and have other things going on there are only so many characters I can make and invest time into.
That said I am having a hard time deciding on a character concept.

I had one idea for a Necro character then I played Murkmire and am in doubt.

In my case I would like to make one character for each class for my chosen alliance; Ebonheart Pact
I willingly limit myself to Nord, Imperial, Dunmer, and Argonian for my characters.

Right now I have;
  • Argonian Templar
  • Argonian Nightblade
  • Nord Dragonknight
  • Nord Warden
Planning on making a Dunmer Sorcerer

My original idea for a Necromancer character was a Dark Elf Healer, a female character which would have been a first for me.

She was a healer on the battlefield of Cyrodil. Her husband was badly hurt and she couldn't save him.
In mourning, she refused to burn him, as per tradition. She gave the officials ashes of other dead soldiers.
Using magic to preserve the body, she studied forbidden practices. She found an Argonian teacher, who emphasized the role death played and its importance, but she did not head his lessons.
She was eventually able to wake her husband, but he wasn't the same. He didn't feel warm, he didn't sleep, didn't eat, didn't speak, it was then that she realized that nothing she could do would bring back her beloved.
She hugged what was left of her husband one last time and burnt it away.
She now understood the lesson and was ready to take up the responsibility of being a Guardian of Death.

OR

An Argonian who studied death and became it's guardian, doesn't let anything go to waste, everything he uses is made of bone
Maybe he was a Tree minder who lost his tree?
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    which one do you guys think is better Necromancer?
    Dunmer or Argonian?
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm if you mean for role-play then I think argonian would be better because Dunmers hate necromancy (which is good if you want to *** off everyone else). If you want to chase the meta then dunmer.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umm if you mean for role-play then I think argonian would be better because Dunmers hate necromancy (which is good if you want to *** off everyone else). If you want to chase the meta then dunmer.

well everyone hates necromancy
  • gamer_d
    gamer_d
    Soul Shriven
    I don't think the Dunmer have many issues with necromancy. Their rituals and ways of communicating with their ancestors might be interpreted as necromantic by other races but it is a part of their culture. Maybe they do take issue if someone does it to a fellow dark elf but they don't take issues with "lesser races" like the Argonians.
  • Thorgar
    Thorgar
    ✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    which one do you guys think is better Necromancer?
    Dunmer or Argonian?

Dark elf necromancer

...are Bretons then mongrels,or paragons?
    The answer,of course,is both(though if you call a Breton
    a mongrel,he is liable to feed you an inch or two of steel).
    The passionate race of Bretons embodies the strengths
    of both men and mer-as well as there flaws.

-The Bretons: mongrels or paragons?