Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Earning gold

Aideian
Aideian
✭✭✭
So I know a lot of people who literally has hundreds of millions of gold and Im not even exaggerating they literally have that much, Im guessing its taken them a long time to get that much but the most I've had in one sitting is 1mil of course I've had more over time but i normally have to spend it and never can save it up so im just curious on a solid ways of earning gold I can care less of how fast as long as its not to long but I farm i do everything, the guild im in even has an auction where i make about 220k a week i could make more but its a lot of work. Im kind of ranting but basically what does everyone else do to earn a lot?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest factors are being active in the game and not wasting gold on stuff. Those that have gold tend to do a lot less wasting it.

Beyond that it varies from player to player. Some flip items they find cheap. Others farm the latest motifs or recipes. Doing writs on multiple characters and selling the upgrade matts is lucrative. Then raiders will do plunder runs on the easier vet trials, vAA is 12k plus another 10K once a week for HM. What they raid for plunder runs depends on what content they can clear easily. Of course whatever they are doing progression on is much more costlier.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    15 characters maxed out doing writs daily nets like 2 mil alone in returns per month. (I think)
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    15 characters maxed out doing writs daily nets like 2 mil alone in returns per month. (I think)

You don't have to have it maxed out to get the same amount of money though do you?
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The biggest factors are being active in the game and not wasting gold on stuff. Those that have gold tend to do a lot less wasting it.

Beyond that it varies from player to player. Some flip items they find cheap. Others farm the latest motifs or recipes. Doing writs on multiple characters and selling the upgrade matts is lucrative. Then raiders will do plunder runs on the easier vet trials, vAA is 12k plus another 10K once a week for HM. What they raid for plunder runs depends on what content they can clear easily. Of course whatever they are doing progression on is much more costlier.

The problem is i never know what items go for so i either end up asking to much for them or selling it to low with little gain, I get price checks on items but with things other than mats its kind of hard to sell because everyones price is different such as these new guar pieces for the emote everyone told me pieces themselves are worth like 40k but i could only get 25k out of people.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxed level i mean. (Not crafting level)

Though the higher the crafting level i believe the higher the chance of getting gold mats.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    maxed level i mean. (Not crafting level)

Though the higher the crafting level i believe the higher the chance of getting gold mats.

Ah okay i gotcha, someone told me to do that but i didn't have any low level mats so i figured it might be kind of expensive to do that on every character every day.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gold is the easiest thing to acquire in the game. My favorite way is Undaunted plunder from vet trials. 12-15K per run. Fighter's guild daily dolmen quests are another. Crafting writs are nice, too. But simply running trials (even normals) and dungeons should get you more gear to sell or decon than you can ever need.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Gold is the easiest thing to acquire in the game. My favorite way is Undaunted plunder from vet trials. 12-15K per run. Fighter's guild daily dolmen quests are another. Crafting writs are nice, too. But simply running trials (even normals) and dungeons should get you more gear to sell or decon than you can ever need.

Im the complete opposite everything else is easy to get but not gold lol.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aideian wrote: »

Ahh, a spender. The only thing I spend gold on regularly is repairing armor, duh, and updating gear sets (i.e. Spell Strat, Deadly Strike). I can't think of anything else. I bought all the starter-level homes so I could fast-travel. The decorating caps keep me from buying more.

But when I say gold is the easiest, I mean in reference to things like gold-level mats or farming hard-to-get weapons. You can always get more gold, just by playing. Can't really go out and guarantee a AY dagger drop.
  • Nave_Horsespitoon

Really? Gold is easy? Wow I want to be you all. The most I ever had is like 15,000 gp’s with the exception of when we got that 100,000 gp’s from the daily reward. Usually I have around 8,000 gp’s. LOL I am poor! Like destitute! That is sad. I don’t understand how you all get that kind of money?
  • gapps
    gapps
    ✭✭✭
    Do you craft dailys maxed out, you get a lot of stuff to sell.
    Even then, you can just farm some Staffs or any other items that are worth farming.
    PC-EU
    ID: @gapps
    THE UNITED BROTHERHOOD

1234 CP | Tuck-Tuck-Tormentor before it was cool
    Monkey Three - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo Mammut - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo 'Mammut - Magica Sorcerer - DD
    Been Obsene - Magica Templer - DD

Saint Vitus - Stamina Nightblade - DD
    DŸSE - Stamina Sorcerer - DD
    Uncle Acid - Stamina Dragon Knight - DD
    Beehoover - Stamina Warden - DD
    Crave l l l o - Stamina Necro - DD
    Erec Zion - Stamina Necro - DD

Belzebong - Dragon Knight - Tank
    Cosmic Dead - Sorcerer - Tank

Brant Bjork - Templer - Healer
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily writs on as many toons as possible using Lazy Writ Creator addon. Max the crafts if possible, but doing lowbie crafts while leveling works fine too.
  • gapps
    gapps
    ✭✭✭
    Daily writs on as many toons as possible using Lazy Writ Creator addon. Max the crafts if possible, but doing lowbie crafts while leveling works fine too.

I nearly get about 8 chromium grains a day...
    PC-EU
    ID: @gapps
    THE UNITED BROTHERHOOD

1234 CP | Tuck-Tuck-Tormentor before it was cool
    Monkey Three - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo Mammut - Magica Nightblade - DD
    Ufo 'Mammut - Magica Sorcerer - DD
    Been Obsene - Magica Templer - DD

Saint Vitus - Stamina Nightblade - DD
    DŸSE - Stamina Sorcerer - DD
    Uncle Acid - Stamina Dragon Knight - DD
    Beehoover - Stamina Warden - DD
    Crave l l l o - Stamina Necro - DD
    Erec Zion - Stamina Necro - DD

Belzebong - Dragon Knight - Tank
    Cosmic Dead - Sorcerer - Tank

Brant Bjork - Templer - Healer
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You don't have to have it maxed out to get the same amount of money though do you?

Character level matters for the gold you get.
    Skill points invested in the craft do not matter for the gold you get.
    Skill points invested in the craft do matter for other stuff you get.
    Skill points invested in the craft also matter for the costs of satisfying the writs.

Oddly, Alchemy is CHEAPER to do at the top tier than at other levels.
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    I don’t have anyplace to sell anything. Well, to sell anything through a trader that is. The only place I get money is daily writs. I only have one character that gets max gp’s from writs. However, I am still working on getting other characters up to speed on writs. Some haven’t even been certified yet. I see your point though, if I had all my characters leveled so that they could get the most from writs, everyday, that would add up! Wow getting there will be a lot of work.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with you there
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I farm Tel Var and AP.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Shmoopy
    Shmoopy
    ✭✭✭
    I sell skyreach runs. It's extremely boring, but I have a character built specifically for it and the runs are fast, and its easy enough that I can put on a show or something on my other monitor. That's not really a viable source of gold until you're like at least 300 cp or so.
    Other than that, daily writs and motif drops from vet dungeons are my primary source of gold.

I used to buy potion mats, craft them into potions, and sell those, but I started to get bored of having to look for good deals on ingredients. It's a pretty easy way for someone to make money at early levels though, since there's not really any requirements other than skillpoints and maybe having MM and a good trade guild.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Really? Gold is easy? Wow I want to be you all. The most I ever had is like 15,000 gp’s with the exception of when we got that 100,000 gp’s from the daily reward. Usually I have around 8,000 gp’s. LOL I am poor! Like destitute! That is sad. I don’t understand how you all get that kind of money?

Pick up everything. Seriously. I've watched people run past columbine instead of picking it; they left about 200 gold in the ground. People want alchemy ingredients. I've cleared the worms from nodes that people left as "trash"; last time I checked, worms were selling for about 20 gold each, and people always want bait. The mats you pick up can be sold "as is", or you can refine them and sell the refined mats and tempers. Decon the dropped gear you get from doing anchors or dungeons, sell the mats and tempers. People making furniture need mundane runes, bast, and alchemical whatsis.

Find a trading guild that doesn't require dues; they do exist, and many are very good. Personal experience speaking, I belong to one. Only requirement is logging into the game once a week. Voluntary raffles, auctions you can participate in or not, and our usual trader is in Vulkel Guard. I don't concentrate on selling stuff, but when I do I usually put up the furnishing mats, crafting mats from deconning loot/drops, some tempers for gear and jewelry, alchemy flowers, recipes from writ rewards and looting that my main crafter already knows, and any motifs I get from drops that my main crafter already knows. If I don't know a price for something I ask in guild chat, and someone always replies which is nice so I don't over/under price stuff. Last time I sold stuff, not even a full 30 slots, I ended up with 150k+. Doing this on a regular basis instead of once in a while would add up, if I needed/wanted the gold.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best way to earn money, is to spend money. Truth be told. But be smart about it.

Usually the best way would be to get a couple millions from legit trade. Then start to patch flip items. Buy in bulk and sell it off for inflated prices down the line. flip items placed by scrubs. Hire scrubs to farm mats for you at lower prices. Spam WTBs in zones for herbs / gold mats at under market price, and be on the lookout for cheap zone trades. Start predicting the market and buy and sell accordingly.

There, you are now a billionaire
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

Ahh, a spender. The only thing I spend gold on regularly is repairing armor, duh, and updating gear sets (i.e. Spell Strat, Deadly Strike). I can't think of anything else. I bought all the starter-level homes so I could fast-travel. The decorating caps keep me from buying more.

But when I say gold is the easiest, I mean in reference to things like gold-level mats or farming hard-to-get weapons. You can always get more gold, just by playing. Can't really go out and guarantee a AY dagger drop.

Im always working on new builds and buying sets and upgrading
    Kikke wrote: »
    Best way to earn money, is to spend money. Truth be told. But be smart about it.

Usually the best way would be to get a couple millions from legit trade. Then start to patch flip items. Buy in bulk and sell it off for inflated prices down the line. flip items placed by scrubs. Hire scrubs to farm mats for you at lower prices. Spam WTBs in zones for herbs / gold mats at under market price, and be on the lookout for cheap zone trades. Start predicting the market and buy and sell accordingly.

There, you are now a billionaire

All the millionaires i know actually they're closer to billionaires say they have workers for them but idk what they pay them or how they even find them.
  • morph1976
    morph1976
    I have my character maxed theif and leidgermain and I theive daily which gets between 10 to 18k a day for about 20 mins work. I only theive green and blue goods till I have 160 then sell the lot
  • JoCom13195
    JoCom13195
    Soul Shriven
    To build on morph1976’s point, the fastest way I know of to max out ledger is to loot the two ships in the north harbor of Daggerfall and fence/launder everything you pickup. There are no NPCs in the ship interiors, so there’s no risk of being caught and thus no need to sneak. For the purposes of leveling, the value of the stolen items doesn’t matter.

Once you have maxed ledger, you’ll get better quality loot when you pickpocket and murder NPCs. Then its just a matter of finding an area with a high concentration of isolated, yellow-named NPCs with few black-named guards around, and you can pick-pick-stab your way to profit. (Assuming you have the blade of woe from the DB DLC, of course.)
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I know a lot of people who literally has hundreds of millions of gold and Im not even exaggerating they literally have that much, Im guessing its taken them a long time to get that much but the most I've had in one sitting is 1mil of course I've had more over time but i normally have to spend it and never can save it up so im just curious on a solid ways of earning gold I can care less of how fast as long as its not to long but I farm i do everything, the guild im in even has an auction where i make about 220k a week i could make more but its a lot of work. Im kind of ranting but basically what does everyone else do to earn a lot?

There are lots of ways:
    - Don't change your build and let the gold mats pile up and sell them
    - Grind whatever the meta/ cheese gear of the quarter is and sell it for 200k plus per piece
    - Farm, refine, sell
    - sell absolutely everything you find. You never know what whacky reason someone might have for buying stuff. For example, they just might be willing to pay 1,000 gold for a level ten green armor piece if it's the trait they need for research and they've already been to two other trader locations, asked in their guild chat, etc. They might just say "heck with it I'm tired of wasting time" and buy it.

But when you are talking about millions upon millions upon millions, I think one thing that people do that I personally don't have the personality for is to 1 - form a guild 2 - recruit heavily 3 - hold events that get people stuff to sell in your guild trader 3 - obtain guild trader 4 - get your cut of every item sold (the better quality your events the bigger your cut) 5 - every once in a while "declutter" your guild bank of duplicate items by selling them in your guild trader.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the category that doesn't know what you are doing. I have never gotten any piece of gear worth more than about 2500g. I go farming for Spriggan's or mother's sorrow but instead get pieces from the other overland sets from the same areas. If I do get one it's always green and has the wrong trait. I don't feel like I can sell enough of my mats to make a lot, because I need them for crafting writs. Only one toon is leveled up to max in the crafting lines so only she gets master writs, max pay, and top level mats. I am on console so looking up prices isn't easy. The item you have isn't always available in one of your guild traders. Where else are you supposed to find prices? I guess I just haven't mastered the secret of making gold in ESO.