Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How will you play through Elsweyr resp. play your necromancer?

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
A question i am currently wondering myself tbh....for the ones interested

How will you play through Elsweyr resp. play your necromancer? 228 votes

I will play through the Elsweyr campaign with a newly created Necromancer
18%
SarousseMitrengaHaruspexAlex_LexElsonsoFermianRustyfish101Enemy-of-ColdharbourEirellaBlack_FlameAetherderiusEasily_LostDenMoriamasonrules9Rex-UmbraperditionerraaphorForsakenSinred_emuboggo 42 votes
I will play through Elsweyr with an other/current character and might level Necromancer seperatly?
53%
huntgod_ESOvailjohn_ESOSuddwrathtohopka_esoJarndycerotaugen454Aedhchess1ukb16_ESODanikatAlienSlofSkayaqDTStormfoxkillingspreeb16_ESOzariaHarguritzKnootewootNerouynstarlizard70ub17_ESOChuckyPayneAlisyra 122 votes
I will level the Necromancer by playing through the main story campaigns (Cold Harbor etc) and return to Elsweyr later
13%
theyanceyotis67ErdbeermuffinTryxusGythralTurelusMost_AwesomeSapphire_LilyfioskalDigimanseipher09mzprxNyladreasEvilCrocZypheranSFDBMinosladracul813huschdeguddzjeveloSylraptor 30 votes
Other
14%
MojmirZalathormIruil_ESONebthet78walkerjonesLoralai_907srfrogg23leeuxHuyenJamilaRajHowlKimchiAkrasjelku5hSmitch_59ArchMikemRaddlemanNumber7russelmmendozaTommy_The_GunAcadianPaladinSqueaky_Clean 34 votes
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will play through Elsweyr with an other/current character and might level Necromancer seperatly?
    I always do the dlc story on my main PvE char then focus on newer chars, so I will level a Necro, just after I do the Elsewyr storyline on my main char
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With Morrowind, I played through with 3 characters (one was a new warden) at once and they all did it in a different order.

Summerset didn't really have the same kind of branching where I could run off to different corners to do the quests in that area since the main quest seemed to point directly to places and always coming back to Aretaum.

I hope there is a bit more branching in Elseweyr.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always do the dlc story on my main PvE char then focus on newer chars, so I will level a Necro, just after I do the Elsewyr storyline on my main char

Same for me.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always do any new story content on my main first. She is the one who has done all the stories, all the zones, so she gets first crack. Also, I would want to get a new character to at least lvl 30 or so before taking them into the story in a dlc area. Just my personal preference.

And I will level my Necro the same as my other characters, by playing through vanilla alliance story quests. 😊
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Little bit of A, B and C, while racking up a huge bounty.

Pick-Pick-Stab-Reanimate
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I will rush levelling a Necro for PVP, grind skyshards, mages guild and psijic, then theorycraft some sets and builds, then I will say to myself that I will eventually finish Elsweyr's story in between pvp sessions, then never do similar to how I've never finished morrowind and the other map that I can't even remember the name right now.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main will go to Elsweyr first, after that most likely a Khajiit. It's the Khajiits home after all. Then I may take a necromancer there. I did take an Altmer to Summerset, it's their home. I love homecomings. :)
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will level the Necromancer by playing through the main story campaigns (Cold Harbor etc) and return to Elsweyr later
    Main first
    bone caster later but more in the original order of play other than the 'suits this is first' bit
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I won't make an Necro until I see that its:
    a) Useful in a progression trial guild
    b) Pulls good dps
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Play Necro surely !
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Not buying.

Nothing in there for me.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undecided about Elswyr at this point.

I'm not super into the idea of necromancers but will take a look when details come out later this week.

If I do buy it, it probably won't be until later in the year. Then I like to do things in their proper order.

If I make a necromancer he'll be parked at a stable feeding his damned horses for 6 months, and doing trait research. I would probably level him to 50 on dolmens during a double xp event. Then I'd play him. Base game first, then other stuff in order. That's what I'd planned to do with one of my wardens before I fell out of love with them.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nowadays I level my little alts in a special place and it doesn't involve questing :D Only my grown ups get chance to do any story quests. And based on experience of my recent alts, my necromancers won't do any quests (except dailies) after growing up :'(
  • Valldez
    Valldez
    ✭✭✭
    i still have no interest buying elsewhere
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually wait a month of two before i go to a new zone. Having so many people around ruins immersion. It also ruins a lot of quests, because sometimes you get credit for objectives other players completed.

1st thing i'll do is to make a Necromancer and spend the next few hours farming Dolmen in Alik'r with 150% xp scrolls.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Morrowind, I did my initial play through with a pre-existing character, then followed up with a new Warden. This time, I will be creating my Necromancer and then playinng through the content.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like other people I'm planning to do Elsweyr on my main character first and then on alts for whom I think the story is relevant when they get to that point.

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with a necromancer yet. I might re-make my 'evil' character as a necro in which case he probably won't do Elsweyr, but if there's not enough stealth options I might make a separate necro, in which case it will depend on what suits her. (Yes I have the concept for the character already, just not sure if I'm going to make her.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Story and Achievements for Elsweyr i will do on my Main (magNB).

Necro will be my side project.

Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Ca2S
    Ca2S
    Soul Shriven
    Other
    Still so much to see and do with my bosmer so Elsweyr and necromanser will have to wait
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ca2S wrote: »
    Still so much to see and do with my bosmer so Elsweyr and necromanser will have to wait

Tharn will be very cross with you, even if he does consider you to be relatively unimportant. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Necro will be my new main ;)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will do Elsweir on my main.
    Will probably level necromancer mostly trough random normals.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I won't be playing Elsweyr. Last major update has left me quite de-motivated to buy & play new content. Still - It all depends on what will I see in update 22 PTS & then Live server.

But IF I will play through Elsweyr story I will use my main... That is obviously not a necromancer...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably just on my Necromancer, who after the Prologue quest looks like she might be an Imperial or Redguard agent working on Abnur Tharn's behalf to restore the Empire (because otherwise I can't justify the level of Idiot-ball-holding the hero had to do in the Prologue quest).

After running the Prologue quest, I'm pretty sure my main Vestige Varanis Arano showed up at Tharn's camp, said "You want me to help you do what now? After what you did? And why do you even think this is going to work? No." and walked off.

Then later she hears about the dragons, facepalms, and starts making plans to add dragons to the list of everything else on Nirn and Oblivion that she's fought.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Haven't made up my mind yet. I'm waiting for PTS. If Necro turns out to be really, really good I'll start Elsweyr with a new Necro character. Otherwise it'll be my thieving NB cat girl.
    PC EU
  • panemd
    panemd
    Soul Shriven
    I'm creating a new character, the evil sister to my main character. C'mon, I've had her story figured out since Elsweyr and the new class was announced ;) Love my lore.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Not going to play a Necromancer at all.

One character only. Can't be bothered to level up any more than that.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Ca2S
    Ca2S
    Soul Shriven
    Other
    Ca2S wrote: »

Tharn will be very cross with you, even if he does consider you to be relatively unimportant. :smile:

Elinor knows that she is just an unimportant little bosmergirl. And that is just the way she likes it.
    Edited by Ca2S on March 26, 2019 1:15PM
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have my only played character a mag sorcerer since I played ESO. I really like the class. So he definitely won't be abandoned and might remain my main depending on how necro plays. As I have most things completed on him.
    He was based looks wise and background wise on a necromancer (non pc game) rp character I have for almost 2 decades now. Picked mag sorc as that came closest.

Will remake the character into the class he is meant to be once I can. I'll change my mains mag sorc's look to be totally different. This way his look comes free for the new to come necromancer (don't like copies). I will keep rp-ing this new one instead of my mag sorc, but now with the right skills/class but likely won't bother redoing most of what my mag sorc has already done unless the mood strikes me.

Also having a new class and new content all in one might relight the spark for the game a bit again. Been loosing interest from mmo's a bit in general after playing them since 2007. Still play and enjoying them, just less. Not ESO exclusive. In fact ESO is 2 of the only surviving mmo's for me (together with GW2). And this new class and new content together excites me (and is the whole reason for preordering, so yeah necro class atleast sold the expansion once ;) ), so that seems a good as any reason to do it like this :)
    Edited by Orticia on March 26, 2019 1:44PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    still deciding really.

kinda of a stupid non issue but I have played all the tes games as the same character. Which is my main on eso. So from an rp prospective i am still trying to work out how to not be a dragonborn now but 1k yrs in the future also be the dragonborn.

idea 1: if i really want to play as my main then explain it away as my main is still recovering from having his soul ripped out in the original story line.

Idea 2: play thru the elsewyr as a necro.

idea 3: play as one of my existing character