The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

craglorn and cyridell flickering/artifacting assets--- old bug --- needs forum mod attention

• santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Up
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    The latest patch (4.2.13) doesn't fix this issue yet. When?
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed trees flickering in and out of existence near belkarth only after seeing this thread.
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • Mithrazielle
    Mithrazielle
    ✭✭
    many of the eso community have been having an issue where the assets in craglorn, and for some cyridell are flickering where it looks like artifacting from a failing graphics card, but it is the game.... i found a bug report thread on this in july in which i commented and sense then the issue still happens.... i will post the original bug report thread as well as the video the op of the thread posted with the issue below.... i would really like this bug fixed if posible... it is distracting, and worrisome that this bug has remained in game so long after being reported.

heres a video of the issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZRJ-U38_mI

heres the original bug report thread i replied to back in july and the issue still hasnt been fixed https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/423244/<iframe width=#reply-anchor

please fix this asap.

I've reported this twice myself.... yes, people, please keep this bumped up.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    I was testing the PTS and the issue still present. It's a shame. Our last hope, when the new chapter releases. If not, this will be a issue for always in this game.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Up
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Up
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Up
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    I had the flickering in Bangkorai today for the first time. :(
    I'm on PS4.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Wrathstone DLC released yesterday and this issue still not fixed. /clap
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly it flickers enough to make me physically sick to my stomach. The amount of artifacting/flickering I see is dependant on weather and time of day so the combination of the two can make worse or marginally better. What i believe is happening is that there is an error in craglorn layer rendering and what im actually seeing is bleed thru but thats only a possibility
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this really still a thing :(
  • Broc
    Broc
    ✭✭
    Waynerx8 wrote: »
    Is this really still a thing :(

Ooooh yeah. Gives me a headache just to visit Craglorn, adding it to the list of "we've already got your money, never going to be fixed, just suck it down" bugs.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since I remember, Craglorn's graphics have been glitching for me. I have no idea why. I have changed PCs, had a completely new one built up, and this still goes on. Interestingly enough, it does not happen in Belkarth. Only in the wild, and mostly up in northern Craglorn. I'm really glad I'm not the only one who has this issue but there's really not much on the forums about this. How come?

Sorry for the poor video quality, I didn't bother setting it up properly just for a little demo. Cross platform issue, definitely doesn't seem to be something on the player's side. Is it just poor optimization or what's going on? Do we have to start a bunch of threads for it to get looked at?

• TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this happen to me just recently in Craglorn.. and I didn't know it was a known issue. I did think it was a failing video card. I'm just happy I didn't go and order a new card. ZOS, any idea when this will be fixed?
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been getting this in Cyrodiil too in spots. Very annoying but I'm happy it's not necessarily my card failing.
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    The latest patch (4.3.6) doesn't fix this issue yet. When?
  • Rowantree
    Rowantree
    ✭✭
    This is happening to me as well, only in Craglorn. It did freak me out because I thought it was my video card (I've been through THAT before, not fun). Also asking ZOS for a fix.
  • Zaketh
    Zaketh
    ✭✭✭
    Bump
    Seems to be across all platforms as well.
    My wife and I had to leave Craglorn yesterday because it was giving me a headache
    Please Fix This!

We're on PS4 NA, by the way
    NA PS4
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    The latest patch (4.3.7) doesn't fix this issue yet. When?
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • Monsieur
    Monsieur
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve had this flickering intermittently since Summerset launch on PS4, it’s got noticeably worse as of late - I assumed my PS4 was dying until I read this thread.

I’ve also noticed it’s worse in Craglorn, but seems to be happening in most zones.

I’ve also had times where assets are invisible, move a few meters and everything returns, and also bugs where you can see through walls.
  • Esutick
    Esutick
    ✭✭
    Update 21 is here, and still!
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    up
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening to me too, I thought my card was dying on me.

EU / NA / PC
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put in a bug report for Craglorn last week. I was trying to pick up a trial group, but unless I just stand still and stare at the ground, the flickering is so bad it makes me nauseous. Did Aetherian Archive last night, same issue. Have to stare at the ground between pulls to avoid strobe headache. GTX 1080
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    It's unacceptable that ZOS don't even have the decency to post one comment on this problem.
    Seems the only time they interact is when they want your money.

We should all ban Elsweyr 'till it's fixed, or an explanation. lol >:)
    PS4/PS5/EU
This discussion has been closed.