Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Build Help?

Zaikeria
Zaikeria
Hello all, I've been running a Stam-Nightblade setup (i think) since shortly after Morrowind came out, iirc. However I'm feeling like it may be a bit out-dated and ineffective now. Was hoping for some advice to improve my effectivness. And any tips for efficiency are also welcome (I have trouble getting my 4 and 5 to cast sometimes, and swapping weapons is also slightly awkward, despite it being a hotkey I use for weapon swapping in other games)(I do know how to amin-cancel though!)(Unless its changed)

Race: Imperial
Class: Nightblade
Attributes: 64 Stamina
CP: 443 (as of this post)

This is what I am currently running:

Skills:

Dual Wield
Killers Blade
Surprise Attack
Steel Tornado
Resolving Vigor
Deadly Cloak

Rend

Bow (this was not meant to be my main combat type, but it feels more effective than my main setup)
Acid Spray
Endless Hail
Razor Caltrops
Resolving Vigor (again, yes(it beats awkwardly tryna swap weapons mid combat just to not die))
Leeching Strikes (This is currently only here while I level siphoning xD)

Ballista

Current Gear:

Darkstride Helmet (Purple) Reinforced + Stamina
Spriggan's Arm Cops (Gold) Divines + Stamina
Spriggans Jack (Gold) Infused + Stamina
Spriggans Bracers (Purple) Invigoration + Stamina
Spriggans Belt (Purple) Divines + Stamina
Spriggans Guards (Gold) Training + Stamina
Darkstride Booys (Purple) Infused + Stamina
Darkstride Necklace (Purple) Robust + Stamina
Darkstride Ring x2 (Purple) Robust + Stamina

Spriggans Swordx2 (Gold) Defending + Absord Stamina
Darkstride Bow (gold) Charged + Absorb Stamina
@Zaikeria [PC - NA]
Zaikeria - Dragonknight - Breton - DC
Reyani - Nightblade - Imperial - DC
Holly Evanna - Sorcerer - Bosmer - AD
Zai'keria - Templar - Khajiit - AD
Lord Àrdachràs - Necromancer - Dunmer - EP
Swims-with-Wolves - Warden - Argonian - EP
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE or PvP?
  • Zaikeria
    Zaikeria
    @susmitds PvE, Sorry should have classified xD
    @Zaikeria [PC - NA]
  • armeegrun
    armeegrun
    ✭✭
    I'm not at my console and I am trying to recall from memory, I will do my best. For the skills, I believe I am using the following.

Front Bar
    - Killers
    - Rearming
    - Surprise
    - Rending
    - Relentless
    - ULT - Flawless DB

Back Bar
    - Endless Hail
    - Razor Caltrops
    - Poison Inj
    - Leaching Strikes
    - Resolving Vigor
    - INCAP Strikes

Its basically what Alcast suggest for skills, but I didn't use his gear recommendation this time, as I wanted to play around with other combos.

I have Slime monster set, Hundings and Spriggans, which I may change to Briarheart and see how that does. She has 4k plus weapons damage unbuffed, I am happy with her. She is an ORC now, I changed race after the update, but she was an Imperial before the update, with the same weapon damage for the most part. I don;t put too much credibility in to test dummy results, as they just stand there and take punishment. But when facing NPC enemies you sometimes have to duck and cover, block, etc. and that will throw off your rotation. However, the last time I tried her on a test dummy she was Imperial and came in just over 16K, but I know she can do way better, I am just not accustomed to the rotation as I haven'l player her much since changing her to PVE.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like more of a PVP build with the Darkstride, Rend, Cloak, Steel Tornado, Acid Spray, and Ballista; and not a bad one either. You can go with the Alcast skills setup/rotation @armeegrun posted, but feel free to make changes based on the content (i.e. mobs vs. adds). Definitely get vigor, you will need it for endgame content, especially in PUGs.

Spriggan's is great, but would rather have it on the jewelry and weapons and paired with something like Hundlings for the body. Get a monster set, especially if you are doing this for PVE. Stormfist is really easy to get and very good. Velidreth is the best, but from a much harder dungeon. Not going to rehash the ole "meta" sets you need. But at CP 400+ you should be able to scoop them up in trials. You can easily run the 3 Craglorn trials with a Hundlings + Spriggans setup + Monster setup. A very good set that can be swapped for Darkstride, paired with Hundlings/Spriggans, and is easy to farm is Leviathan out of COH.

Darkstride just is not that effective for DD in PVE. You can get the stamina regen through Stormfist and Dubious Camoran Throne (drink), so you're better off with a 5-piece that ups your damage and crit. Its more of a scroll runner/vampire gank set for PVP.
  • armeegrun
    armeegrun
    ✭✭
    I should have mentioned that, you can adjust skills to what best fits your play style and what particular content you are engaged in.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @armeegrun are you using 2pc slime on a nb with relentless?

@OP I would do something like arme said and switch darkstride for a dmg set and work towards getting a monster set.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Zaikeria
    Zaikeria
    Thankyou a lot ^^ Will defs give it a go! Had no idea alcast was a thing, but I will keep it in mind for my other toons as well!

@Zaikeria [PC - NA]
  • Zaikeria
    Zaikeria
    I realized i forgot to ask about CP distribution (completely slipped my mine like, three times) since it too is probably a mess. Should I use Alcast's as a rough guide? Though I know there is all sorts of maths involved once you get to CP (or there was last time I checked)

(and sorry for the double post xD)
    @Zaikeria [PC - NA]