The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to find items with high sell-value?

Tabris93
Tabris93
✭✭✭
My Khajiit thief is a character that quest-wise is focused on TG and DB, and which I otherwise use to earn gold. So far, she is only L17.

I am looking for what to do and where to go to find items to sell for a fair price. I am not talking cheats or enormous grinds, because I play mostly for the world and the lore. So far I've sold what I've come across doing quests for TG and DB, and crafting mats I've found exploring the world. But my little Khajiit wants to be rich, while still having fun.

Any ideas?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be, before One Tamriel, the later zones had a better chance to spawn Greens and Blues. That is not so much the case anymore. It also used to be that Richer NPCs would have better swag if you picked their pockets. I think it is still that way, but not as much as before.

Now, if your looking for pure Gold Per Hour, then Alts are the way to go about that. Log to an Alt, fill up the bags, fence, repeat until limit is reached and log to another alt. Don't fret over getting Green or Better, waste of time. 40 gold or better, drag it back to the fence and get paid. You can reach the Fence limit in 10 to 15 minutes.

There are several areas in the game near Refuges and have lots of Buildings with little to no NPC over site. Park your alts there and log through them as needed. I parked my whole crew back in the day in one of these areas and raked in the gold.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tabris93
    Tabris93
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, but that isn't the way I play. I play mainly for the world and the lore. So I know that the most effecient ways of farming for gold won't be available to me. I'm just wondering what I can do that will net me the most items to sell.

Random quests? Farming mats? Crafting? Pickpocketing? Dailys TG? Dailys DB? Dailys crafting writ? Considering I'm level 17.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more work you put into making gold the less fun and more of a grind it becomes. You find your happy balance and play to that budget.

That being said there's no wrong way to make gold. It does get easier once you have access to a guild shop.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I make most of my money with my pickpocketing kitty with maxed ledgermain, which nets you more purple items.
    I did the Daggerfall boat run to boost ledgermain skills, which can keep you RPing. With the xp bonus right now, it is a good time to grind a little, it's worth it to be a better thief.

Then once maxed I went to Vivec City buildings and pickpocket NPCs. I picked Morrowind because NPCs there drop motifs, and pickpocketing is the only way to get them. They sell for 15-20k each in addition to the other loot you get to launder or sell. I think I have like 25 dice in my Villa from pickpocketing.

I've bought and furnished 2 small homes and all the inn rooms with the gold I've earned. And didn't have to break character, since that seems important to you.

Open every container you see. Do daily writs.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • Tabris93
    Tabris93
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for great advice, LurgidBean! Sounds just up my alley! What is the Daggerfall boat run?
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabris93 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for great advice, LurgidBean! Sounds just up my alley! What is the Daggerfall boat run?

There are 2 boats at the Daggerfall docks, with 3 rooms each: bow, stern, and below deck. They are full of containers to steal from, with no NPC around to see.
    There are 4 easy marks to pickpocket/blade of woe.
    The Outlaw Refuge is close by to fence/launder.

You probably won't be the only one there, but containers are instanced to you. Daggerfall has a crime problem.
    So does Vivec City for that matter. Both are popular routes. :)

I think I ran once or twice a day during the last XP event and got ledgermain to 20 pretty quick. My character level was probably like 25 then, and I'll finally hit 50 this event, so totally doable at low levels.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."