Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions for the Bethesda Game Days Elsweyr Q&A Livestream

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone! Next Saturday, March 30 from 3:30-4:30pm EDT, we’ll be hosting a special livestreamed Q&A straight from Bethesda Game Days in Boston; this will follow the first livestream we have on Friday, March 29 from 6:30-7:30pm EDT where we’ll be showing live gameplay. Our focus for the Q&A will be on Elsweyr, the Necromancer, Sunspire Trial, and features coming to Update 22. If you have any questions that you’d like us to consider for the Q&A, please post them in this thread. Thanks!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any plans of how CP system will be overhauled?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, lore question about where the inspiration for the Wrathstone came from:

There was a theory posted in Teslore reddit link below by user Ce-Nex

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/av0jud/halls_of_colossus_wrathstone_spoilers/

The link above contains a theory which argues that the Wrathstone lore and its relation to the Halls of Colossus was inspired from some dialogue as far back as Arena.
    In game dialogue (cited below) asks the champion to retrieve a stone tablet said to be the key to deciphering a part of the Elder Scrolls, the part that shows the location of the Halls of Colossus. I would like official confirmation if you loremasters in Zenimax digged that far for inspiration for the Wrathstone. If so, I applaud you all.

https://www.imperial-library.info/content/halls-colossus and it reads.

"You are [player name]. Word of your inquiries concerning the Halls of Colossus have spread through the City, and have come to my attention. I am Turamane ap' Kolthis, Loremaster of the Mage's Guild, here in Corinth. Perhaps we can help each other.
    A few days ago a band of warrior-priests from the Temple of Agamanus attacked the Guild. They claimed that we had stolen from them a stone tablet that was sacred to their sacrament. In truth, we found the tablet amongst ruins far from here. But their leader, Sir Galandir, must have known the true nature of the tablet. It held the key to deciphering a part of the Elder Scrolls, the part that shows the location of the Halls of Colossus. After the attack, my Guild was left too weak to retaliate.
    If you will agree to recover the stone tablet, I will inscribe the location of the Temple of Agamanus onto your map. If you are successful, I will be able to decipher the location of the Halls and tell them to you. However, to do this I need the stone tablet first. Will you agree to help me?"

The Stone Tablet and it revolving around Halls of Colossus, can you all confirm if you all were inspired by that Arena lore?
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 24, 2019 10:30PM
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) Other than the improvements coming to how things are loaded into memory, are there any other significant performance related improvements in the works? What about in regards to ping/Akamai?

2) What are the plans for CP?

3) When will we get an update on the "improved communication" that was mentioned back in November?
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What media platform will this livestream be held?
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    1) Other than the improvements coming to how things are loaded into memory, are there any other significant performance related improvements in the works? What about in regards to ping/Akamai? This ended when ZOS terminated lease on additional servers for Midyear Mayhem

2) What are the plans for CP? Not increase, but not change

3) When will we get an update on the "improved communication" that was mentioned back in November?"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east"
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be further racial balancing this patch or will the Wraithstone changes stick for now?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will sweet moon sugar make a return as an ingredient or consumable item yes?

We have not forgiven the beets no ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What will be the size of Elsweyr? (Compared to other areas)

Since Imperials are returning, will we see any new imperial motifs and houses?
    Edited by WildRaptorX on March 26, 2019 8:20AM
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be any changes coming to Housing with Update 22 and any chance of a cheeky sneak peek at one of the new Elsweyr houses?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will @ZOS_LeamonTuttle be having a Lore QA for Elsweyr like the ones our former loremaster had?
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 22, 2019 9:06PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Questions regarding the new Daedric Artifact system mechanic in Cyrodiil:
    1) What exactly are the powers the Daedric Artifact can bestow ?
    2) If the Emperor picks up the Daedric Artifact, will the emperor become a super Emperor with achievement tied to it ?
    3) How often the Daedric Artifact spawns in Cyrodiil ?
    4) The AP gain of the player who wields the Daedric Artifact will be reduced ?
    5) It is important that not the same players will pick up the weapon every time, did you ensure that it will spawn randomly and every player will have an equal chance to get it ?

Bonus question: Will you introduce new Alliance ranks & greater rewards for Alliance War Veterans ?
    I have posted my ideas in a discussion: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/464064/more-alliance-ranks-greater-rewards-for-alliance-war-veterans/p1
    Edited by Universe on March 24, 2019 2:27PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be notable Argonian in elsweyr?
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Axmalexia
    Axmalexia
    ✭✭✭
    A few questions:

Given that we've seen Rimmen, will Riverhold and Orcrest be major hubs too? As in they'll be regular cities like Abah's Landing, Alinor or Shimmerene for example, not like Sunhold or Cloudrest.

What was the idea to choose Elsweyr as the next Chapter location?

Will we be seeing the Quin'rawl Peninsula and the rest of Elsweyr possibly in the future?

How are DLC and Chapter locations chosen? Is it by the developers choice to choose the next area?

• Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you still considering adjustments to siege based on the performance increase caused by the siege glitch?
  • Nexerous
    Nexerous
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will the Jovial Lambasters mentioned in the in-game Persistence of Daedric Veneration make an appearance? If so, will we receive more insight on their organization and how they work?

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will @ZOS_RichLambert Be wearing Pants or his usual shorts ?

Also not really Elsweyr related but when will we be having a Border Collie pet, I asked a long time ago on an ESO live and Gina said it would be passed on
    Edited by JamieAubrey on March 24, 2019 5:07PM
  • asuzab16_ESO
    asuzab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any chance we finally see TXAA implemented?

ESO is a beautiful game but it really suffers from flickering and crawling in motion. TXAA would easily fix these issues and make the game much more pleasing to play. Here is a video that perfectly shows the issue (Neverwinter Online was suffering from the same problem) and how much TXAA improved the game visually : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVFw8qckQvM&feature=youtu.be&t=23

Thank you.
    Edited by asuzab16_ESO on March 22, 2019 10:28PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Rolis (writ voucher merchant) have any new items for sale when Elsweyr is released?

Are there any plans to provide new stories for the craft hireling emails?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part A - Are there any plans to take another look at jewelry crafting in any way? Either rebalancing master writs, adding hirelings or modifying the grains system?

Part B - Of the ZOS team members that actively play the game, how many of them do master jewelry writs regularly and also feel rewarded appropriately when doing so.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we finally get a brightly lit character creation screen where we can accurately see our new necromancer's hair color?
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does season of the dragon mean that DKs will see some improvements?
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the Mane from the end of the Reaper's March story make an appearance?

Can we have Alfiq merchant and banker skins? Can I have an Alfiq non-combat pet? Can I pet them all? If I were to bring some fresh fish or ceremonial moon sugar, will they gather around me? Do they purr?
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should we expect any appearances by the Dragonguard?

Are we going to get any lore on Rimmen and its ties to the Akaviri?

Will the Knahaten Flu play a part in any quests?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there a chance that CP system will be removed and replaced with something less drastic?
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) can we realistically expect more space in housing this year?
    2) what measures will be in place to balance the strength of stacking player numbers in cyrodiil especially with single point of interest spawn mechanics that the Daedric weapons might bring?
    3) are there any plans for weekly lockout raiding in ESO?
    4) what will be done with undaunted shoulders?
    5) What further combat changes are planned this year?
    6) Any changes to IC planned to refresh it upon its decoupling?
    7) any further cyrodiil plans or pvp DLCs?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get more 3 piece sets?

Can we get more frost/lightning/disease oriented Monster Helms?

Can we get magicka-based DW weapons? Or a magicka-based weapon execute? Or a magicka-based bleed?

Can we get crossbow/spear options?

Can we get an Undaunted Ultimate?

Thanks!
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the city of Rimmen really currently occupied by the Empire, and if so will the player and or the Dominion have any role in that?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know that the Justice System will react to certain Necromancer abilities in Update 22. But I am wondering if we'll see similar reactions to other abilities and curseforms that would, by lore of TES, be viewed as highly illegal in Tamriel.

I'm thinking of the obvious nominees like Vampire and Werewolf abilities, and perhaps other class abilities like a Sorcerer's daedra pets and the Nightblades' shadow cloak ability.

Society in Tamriel often sees both Daedra Summoners and a Vanishing Rogues to be up to no good, so why should the guards give them a pass?

Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will snipe finally be getting nerfed?
  • VanNoodles
    When are we going to get stability in the dungeon queue system? Every update breaks it again.

As a solo player people in my guild are sometimes in the queue for an hour or more. Regular queue times are over 30 mins.

The dungeon *** is frustrating. Your dungeon is ready press 'F'. Someone declined the invitation. Your dungeon is ready press 'F'. Someone declined the invitation. Your dungeon is ready press 'F'. Someone declined the invitation. Your dungeon is ready press 'F'. Someone declined the invitation.

Rinse and repeat about 10 to 15 times before you actually enter the dungeon. No-one is declining the invitation when you're a 4 party group ready to go.

The dungeons are a huge part of the PvE game. Investment needs to be made in real development time to permanently fix the well known and long running issues.