The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Velothi Reverie and Quondam Indorilia

Mancombe_Nosehair
Mancombe_Nosehair
✭✭✭✭✭
I couldn't help but notice that these two houses are virtually identical in indoor size and structure. The latter's has the garden at the front instead, which is also much bigger.

Obviously the latter is nearer Mournhold and holds more objects, but other than that, there seems little difference between them.

I already have the first one, and was considering buying the second with gold.

I am interested in other people's thoughts on this. My characters are all based in Mournhold, apart from the bag carrier who is based at Velothi.

Thanks.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Quondam Indorilia home is noticeably bigger, the interior side rooms are larger, but it is essentially the same design as the Velothi Reverie home.

I prefer the Velothi Reverie, as I found it easier to decorate and I love its garden.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upon closer inspection, I see what you mean about the side rooms. I might buy the second one now. Thanks.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...at first blush, they seem the same, since the layout is identical. But, as already pointed out, the side rooms are much larger. I also believe that the main room and basement are a bit wider.

Velothi Reverie was my first home, purchased with gold and decorated from scratch, so I'm partial to it. I've considered buying Quondam, but it's side rooms are so big. Plus, I prefer the back garden of Reverie to the front area of Quondam. That said, I think I'll still get it eventually. I just have a few houses that I either haven't started or haven't finished decorating, so buying yet another house would be pointless right now, as it would just lay empty for months.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 18, 2019 4:03PM
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My trusty main char is a Dunmer, but also Vampire, Thief and Brotherhood member, and proud owner of the Velothi Reverie. But I'm always getting an earful whenever I consider buying Quondam Indorilia. Because it has just the one main entrance, so its one big trap. There's no possible escape route in case of fire or sudden attacks. So, no Quondam Indorilia for me ;):D
    PC/EU
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the price difference, and the adorable courtyard out back, I went with Velothi Reverie.

One day I may get Quondam, but I started with the smaller of the two.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    For the price difference, and the adorable courtyard out back, I went with Velothi Reverie.

One day I may get Quondam, but I started with the smaller of the two.

I think you made the right choice! ;)
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for responding everyone.